Post Match Leicester 3 Liverpool 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The two worst players of recent weeks, Fuchs and Drinkwater were absolutely outstanding tonight.

I would argue that yes whilst there was a slightly noticeable increase in effort, I would say 95% of the improvement was due to having a freedom to play in a way which suits them. Everyone knew exactly what they were doing, and they all stuck to the task very well.

It's amazing what can happen when we play last seasons team using last seasons tactics.

Of Claudio's numerous mistakes, the lack of involvement for shinji is high among them. We always look more cohesive when he plays a run of games.

He will be remembered fondly.

Thought the atmosphere was spot on last night. Support for the team throughout, no booing or negative chanting, a nice minute for Claudio then back to supporting the team.

There was me thinking that the only way to watch that team play again was on a DVD.

You know something I can't get my head around from last night? Schmeichel's kicks went 20 yards further than they've done all season. That wasn't a deliberate thing. He's been hitting them the same all season but they've barely made the half way line. Last night, they flew mid way into the opposition half.

What's that all about?

All round the pitch, those walking last week were running this week. When we lost the ball, the player immediately chased back for it and, more often than not, got it back quickly.

N'Didi by the way. What a talent. 80% of Kante defensively, but with height, forward running better passing and a very decent shot on him.

I understand that we are all euphoric over the score but I don't know how some can claim this is because of the lineup or the formation or anything else other than team effort.

These are the same group of players that have been playing all season other than Ndidi - who has been exceptional since his arrival - even Shinji has played in 21 league games this season. And the fallacy that we played 442 is incredible, we mixed 442 and 4411 and then for the last 30 minutes went to 4-5-1.

The simple reason we won was greatly increased team effort and a bit of luck.

People saying Fuchs was great - he always is going forward but then he doesn't get back and when he's back he jumps in or positions himself poorly. He was exactly the same again yesterday but albrighton was working his bollocks off to cover for him and Liverpool unusually were poor attacking.

Mahrez, every points out his pass for the third. We need more than that from him or we may as well replace him with Gray or Kapustka. He worked a little harder than normal but defensively he is emabarrassing.

Vardy's effort was amazing which made Shinji's effort worthwhile and Ndidi, Drinkwater and albrighton all backed that up which took the pressure off our defence. Did our defence play any better than usual - I don't think so, they were just protected better. Which they should have been all season.

After the game Vardy and Drinky were interviewed and asked why they played with so much more effort. They said it was because they got unfair criticism about CR's sacking. Why did it need that for their effort? This effort all year would have seen us top 8 easily.

The proof is in the pudding. Will the players put the same effort into the next game against Hull and even more importantly will they put the same effort into their away games and when they go 1 down.

I hope so. We, the fans, deserve that effort. The fans are the only part of this club that has put in the same effort week in and week out and don't deserve relegation.

I understand that we are all euphoric over the score but I don't know how some can claim this is because of the lineup or the formation or anything else other than team effort.

Can the improved performance not be for more than one reason? Or can we only pick one?

Can the improved performance not be for more than one reason? Or can we only pick one?

You can pick as many as you like CF, you're opinion is as valid as anyone else's (I think). I did myself, luck, how many times had drinky shot during this season but yesterday he hit a peach and followed that later by missing a much easier chance - which was more normal.

Anything other than team effort is minor - unless they all hated CR of course - IMO.

I am not, for once, going to overdo the analysis.

I'm just elated that we put that performance in. I don't give a toss why it happened. Pretty much everyone was inspired and worked their socks off. It's been a long time since we've seen that.

Hull is another test and do not play as Liverpool do. There are obvious Man City comparisons in the way Liverpool play but right now I'm not looking to critique our performance.

I'm looking forward to Hull and I genuinely feel that we'll continue the momentum. In many respects, it'll be a tougher match and will be a stiffer test. I feel confident though, and I haven't felt that in months.

After the game Vardy and Drinky were interviewed and asked why they played with so much more effort. They said it was because they got unfair criticism about CR's sacking. Why did it need that for their effort? This effort all year would have seen us top 8 easily.
Did they? They mentioned it, but it wasn't like they were saying it was the only reason, more a part of it. And why shouldn't it be? I like the fact that they got spurred on by what they feel is unfair criticism. Shows that they still care.

Did they? They mentioned it, but it wasn't like they were saying it was the only reason, more a part of it. And why shouldn't it be? I like the fact that they got spurred on by what they feel is unfair criticism. Shows that they still care.

It was the only thing they talked about and then as a pair of thick morons.

They've had criticism of their play for at least 3 months I wish that'd spurred them on too.

It showed they care about their egos not about Leicester City football club.

Could be that they were asked a question and answered it honestly. Calling them a pair of thick morons is, well, a bit moronic in my book.

They did answer a question. And if you watched it I'm surprised you didn't think they sounded like thick morons. An embarrasingly poor post match interview. City should have designated players to speak on their behalf. I reckon that Fuchs would come across better.

I think you're letting your prejudice perceive what you want to perceive.

I still don't think we were great against Man City. Last night however I thought we were great. As for Christian Fuchs, that is the best game he has played all season - by some distance. We play like that from now on and we won't go down. Over to you boys...

Okay thick morons is over the top, I'm sorry .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566