Post Match Leicester 3 Newcastle 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent performance by the whole team but Vardy in particular was sensational. Unbelievable resurgence by the players and management team. I think top and bottom of it is the players and manager have now acclimatised to the premier league, we look more solid at the back now but absolutely on fire going forward. Superb

I wonder what straws the tedious PeaSon Out brigade will be clutching onto now?
I think the scoreline is absolutely shocking, we clearly should've scored double the amount that we did. It's patently obvious that Poostain just isn't trying

****ing hell that was the most disorganized, listless, and disinterested team I think I've ever seen. They are absolutely ****ed. Expect Mclaren there by Monday morning.

Not to take anything away from us. Super stuff from Ulloa, James and Schlupp especially.

Now...couple of favours from Everton and Southampton and we will be laughing.

I think Huth needs praise for shoring up our back line.

Great display by the foxes helped out by a poor Newcastle.

Hopefully Sunderland don't win.

Ulloa had his best game for us so far. Vards was exceptional and Schlupp simply outstanding. Proud of the team and our magnificent fans.

Also nice to sense the interviewer on BT Sport shrink back from a withering stare by Nigel when trying to re-ignite the events earlier in the week.

They just showed an interview with John Carver where he said that Williamson deliberately got himself sent off as an "easy way out." What a shambles at that club.

Really couldn't understand the foul by Williamson. Vardy may have kept the ball in but his momentum was always likely to take him out of play. Just need Shearer to come in and finish off the good work.

I told you they were shit, but even I couldn't have predicted just how completely shit they were. Absolutely dreadful.

First twenty minutes or so we were outstanding, but they were so truly feckin' awful we almost stopped playing. Picked it up a bit again in the second half, but it wasn't the best game, to be honest

Our back three were excellent, as was Albrighton. Ulloa looked a different player - won lots in the air and his control and distribution were super. Where the feck did that come from ?

I thought James struggled a bit, and Cambo had to cover an awful lot of ground to make up for him. Few moments of defending comedy gold from Schluppy, but he did ok

But Vardy was simply outstanding. A wonderful performance, even allowing for the shite he was up against.

Atmosphere once again was amazing. Even the West Stand were singing at one point.

Everyone singing Peason's name right from the off, and 'Ostrich Army' ringing out loud and proud throughout.

This manager, this team, and the fans (right at this moment) are truly something very special indeed. Enjoy it

#StayingUpWithHomer

#OstrichArmyForever

Last edited:
Great quote from the Irish Independent journalist Dion Fanning about the post match comments:

"John Carver seems to have taken Nigel Pearson's midweek press conference as a personal challenge. Astonishing performance."

John Carver is clearly kicking off in an effort to take the pressure off our players before the Southampton game

One other point, did anybody else notice the embrace Cambiasso gave to Pearson when he was substituted, just shows the respect and belief these players have for their manager, especially when you consider the calibre of managers Esteban has worked with previously.

Last edited:
Tremendous atmosphere. Terrific support. Perfect result. Awful match.

We were poor today but helped by a diabolical lack of discipline from Newcastle. Someone is going to have to be extremely shit to avoid beating them in their final few games.

Vardy and Ulloa did well. Everyone else was average at best. But the performance was of little significance.

The results from Villa and Sunderland make the whole situation incredibly tight. Two teams are down, one of five will join them and we're one of those. Who you play matters little now. It's all about form and luck. We'll go again next Saturday and hope the form holds and the luck stays with us. We still need more points.

Great result! Just a shame Sunderland and Villa won too! Getting tight now! Ofof!

Surely no tighter than it was pre-match?

I disagree. I think Newcastle have been dragged into it more.

Also there are now less points to play for, so yes, it's tighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669