Post Match Leicester 3 Rotherham 0

Another game where the smart people should have turned up at 4pm.

The first half was self-indulgent horseshit. Maybe EM doesn't need to rotate because he sends his team out to just walk around for 45 minutes.

Second half again and we started with some interest in making runs into the right places and forcing things. For the third home game in a row, we win it by injecting about 10-15 minutes of energy.

Rotherham were a poor side just waiting to get beaten. We faffed about for too long but got there in the end. Their left back did a good job on Fatawu who is usually the player that elevates things.

I don't enjoy it much but I cannot argue with its effectiveness at this level. We're absolutely cruising this league aren't we.
If you can't see how the 1st half impacts the 2nd against these teams then you aren't as bright as you think you are.

If you can't see how the 1st half impacts the 2nd against these teams then you aren't as bright as you think you are.
Watching Rotherham players once the goal went in, you could tell they’d rather be anywhere but playing football against this Leicester team. The last 30 must have been so draining for them.

I don’t get this” poor first half”

Games over 90. (+) minutes.
It takes time to wear the opposition down, especially, like today, they had all 11 within 20 yards of their goal line.

Most comfortable win yet, in my eyes.

If there was a brand new film out that your loved ones wanted to go and watch, would you enjoy travelling to the cinema if this was the review?

For the first half of the film, the cast just sit about in the main characters garden explaining who they are and how their character will impact the plot. Then everything happens for the next fifteen minutes which is very entertaining. Then the plot stops again and everyone sits around congratulating one another until the end of the film.

Yes, having the plot explained may well help that 15 minutes be extra enjoyable but it still doesn't make it a worthwhile visit to the cinema. It's the sort of film you'd maybe wait to see on a streaming service where you could forward through the boring stuff.

Not all our games are like this but a lot of the home games are. It's two hours at the stadium for 15 minutes of entertainment.

I do recognise that this is a Championship thing. We'll never get away with doing this in the PL.

I just wish I had a remote control in the Kop so I could save myself a lot of time. I reckon I'd get the gist of the first half of almost all our home games at about 6 times the actual speed.

I just wish I had a remote control in the Kop so I could save myself a lot of time. I reckon I'd get the gist of the first half of almost all our home games at about 6 times the actual speed.
That would still take seven and a half minutes, but at least you could do Yakety Sax in your head a few times

You don't like football

Other than our fans it really wasn't a boring performance
I found the first half boring. I understand what we are doing, I just don't find it particularly exciting. Also, BN is right, in the Premier league this will not work unless we upgrade our team significantly. It will be really interesting to see Enzo's approach next season.

If there was a brand new film out that your loved ones wanted to go and watch, would you enjoy travelling to the cinema if this was the review?

For the first half of the film, the cast just sit about in the main characters garden explaining who they are and how their character will impact the plot. Then everything happens for the next fifteen minutes which is very entertaining. Then the plot stops again and everyone sits around congratulating one another until the end of the film.

Yes, having the plot explained may well help that 15 minutes be extra enjoyable but it still doesn't make it a worthwhile visit to the cinema. It's the sort of film you'd maybe wait to see on a streaming service where you could forward through the boring stuff.

Not all our games are like this but a lot of the home games are. It's two hours at the stadium for 15 minutes of entertainment.

I do recognise that this is a Championship thing. We'll never get away with doing this in the PL.

Surely any decent adult rated film has a plot. Most films build slowly, introducing the characters and building up the storyline which generally reaches its peak right near the end of the film.

Can you see the similarity BN?

I'm not one of the modern dickheads who sees going to the footy and cinema as the same type of experience.

This is why the KP is dead on its arse

I'm not one of the modern dickheads who sees going to the footy and cinema as the same type of experience.

This is why the KP is dead on its arse

And there we have it in a nutshell

For many people this is now entertainment. They trudge down reluctantly to the stadium, sit in their seats, fold their arms, turn up their nose and demand to be entertained.

They’ve completely lost any concept of what going to watch a football match is about - they really need to go and do something else

And there we have it in a nutshell

For many people this is now entertainment. They trudge down reluctantly to the stadium, sit in their seats, fold their arms, turn up their nose and demand to be entertained.

They’ve completely lost any concept of what going to watch a football match is about - they really need to go and do something else
The changing face of society. The new generation are consumed by instant entertainment. The majority of kids only watch YouTube clips of the their heroes. The modern day person expects and get gratification in one click.

As for the football, I really enjoyed the Birmingham game but I didn't find the Rotherham game anywhere near as entertaining. Id imagine most people would feel the same.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463