Post Match Leicester 3 Rotherham 0

And there we have it in a nutshell

For many people this is now entertainment. They trudge down reluctantly to the stadium, sit in their seats, fold their arms, turn up their nose and demand to be entertained.

They’ve completely lost any concept of what going to watch a football match is about - they really need to go and do something else

You are just explaining things away by saying that thousands of people don't know what being a supporter means. That's a really weak argument.

It's not the quality of the football that matters. It's not the quality of the pies or pints. It's not the free chocolate orange brownies or whatever else.

EM has radically changed the way Leicester City play football. That's what this is about.

I do not want to see us 'lump it' or play the sort of football we saw for the last couple of seasons. But at least that is football as I recognise it. Players and managers and formations and fads have come and gone and none of them make me feel like I do now. For better or worse, it was what I've watched for getting on for 50 years.

EM has got us doing football differently. It's not actually what I call football at all most of the time. It's more like watching a training session with a bit of actual football thrown in. Now I can see the results that this is getting and EM may be some kind of genius. But he's not a genius football manager as I understand it to be. He's a genius at whatever the hell this is that we're doing most of the time and preventing an actual football match from happening.

The Birmingham game was great. So was the Sunderland one and a few of the other away games have been fine too. But lots of the home games have been so boring. That's why at about 35 minutes yesterday, thousands of supporters made their way to the concourses for the next half an hour. There was no hurry back to their seats. Of course it's not the only reason, but that's why loads of people leave before the end too.

I object to what we have to endure in order to win. You don't which is fine too. I'm not criticising those that actually enjoy this thing. Anyway, we're halfway through the season now and then we'll see how he does when teams don't let him do it against them. Then we'll know if he's a good football manager or not.

You are just explaining things away by saying that thousands of people don't know what being a supporter means. That's a really weak argument.

It's not the quality of the football that matters. It's not the quality of the pies or pints. It's not the free chocolate orange brownies or whatever else.

EM has radically changed the way Leicester City play football. That's what this is about.

I do not want to see us 'lump it' or play the sort of football we saw for the last couple of seasons. But at least that is football as I recognise it. Players and managers and formations and fads have come and gone and none of them make me feel like I do now. For better or worse, it was what I've watched for getting on for 50 years.

EM has got us doing football differently. It's not actually what I call football at all most of the time. It's more like watching a training session with a bit of actual football thrown in. Now I can see the results that this is getting and EM may be some kind of genius. But he's not a genius football manager as I understand it to be. He's a genius at whatever the hell this is that we're doing most of the time and preventing an actual football match from happening.

The Birmingham game was great. So was the Sunderland one and a few of the other away games have been fine too. But lots of the home games have been so boring. That's why at about 35 minutes yesterday, thousands of supporters made their way to the concourses for the next half an hour. There was no hurry back to their seats. Of course it's not the only reason, but that's why loads of people leave before the end too.

I object to what we have to endure in order to win. You don't which is fine too. I'm not criticising those that actually enjoy this thing. Anyway, we're halfway through the season now and then we'll see how he does when teams don't let him do it against them. Then we'll know if he's a good football manager or not.
It’s also a fact that the less entertaining first half performances have been against teams that park the bus.

Rotherham had no intention of going for it as we would have potentially battered them.

It’s also a fact that the less entertaining first half performances have been against teams that park the bus.

Rotherham had no intention of going for it as we would have potentially battered them.
Yes I agree with that. We were boring in the first half but my god, Rotherham were absolutely ****ing terrible and played a massive part in our approach.

That’s my view. Rotherham were so deep and compact that it was always going to take some time to break them down.

The great news is we’ve shown we can beat teams that attack and press, as well as having a way of breaking down a low block. Something a lot of fans have been, correctly, complaining about for several seasons.

That’s my view. Rotherham were so deep and compact that it was always going to take some time to break them down.

The great news is we’ve shown we can beat teams that attack and press, as well as having a way of breaking down a low block. Something a lot of fans have been, correctly, complaining about for several seasons.
Which is why the Ipswich game will be interesting because I expect they will really have a go at us.

agreed but as soon as we injected more tempo into our passing we pulled them apart, then when they were on their knees we eased off.

if we can go for the jugular in the first 45 mins, I think we easily score 5 or 6 a game and surely that is the point?

watching our defence piss around at the back is tedious at best. As soon as we begin to ping the ball around our midfielders it is an absolute joy to watch. some of the runs (especially Ndidi) are incredible and it gets you off your seat.

I don't think it is wrong to want more from your team and for them to really make a massive statement, one which says we should not have been relegated in the first place and we will be a credible force when we promote.

For the Ipswich game, i’ll tell our wingers to get at their full backs from the first whistle.
They certainly didn’t like that approach from Leeds yesterday.

**** me, anyone would think we weren't top of the table by an absolute clunge this Christmas. Used to be about winning games...

Some people are never happy. But anyways, who cares? Happy Christmas you filthy bunch of *****.
How wide is the clunge?!

If he continues as he has been doing, one of the "big clubs" will have tempted him away by then
For smashing the Championship with our squad? I think it would take a following barnstorming season in the Premier League for that to happen.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Ipswich4492
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4569
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463