Post Match Leicester City 0 Cardiff City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
No goal scoring problem here, move along people.

Your not allowed to say anything negative on this forum without being shot..

Well done Leicester.

Thats why I didnt, people told me last time that we have enough options and goal scorers and I bloody well believe them.

First half we completely dominated and Cardiff smash and grabbed their lead with their only attack. Second half we were shocking.

All we did second half was hoof long balls forward and pump high crosses into the box and the Cardiff defenders had a field day and won everything in the air. I felt sorry for Nugent and Waghorn, playing high balls up to them is just idiotic. If we were going to persist with that style of play then not bringing on Futacs or at the very least not putting Morgan up front was ridiculous. Lingard coming on instead was a massive head scratcher.

Whitbread really is Matt Mills re-incarnated, spent the whole game passing the ball straight back to the opposition and constantly getting lost by the player he should've been marking. I'm really starting to lose patience with Schmeichel too, he was brilliant for his first 6 months, but for the past year he's started to look more and more erratic and worrying.

Did this thread really start over an hour after the game finished?

The forum was probably down. This is the first time I've been able to get on since this morning.

The forum was probably down. This is the first time I've been able to get on since this morning.

The forum was down for around 10 minutes last night, but has been up without interruption since then.
Some people have had problems accessing it due to their computers caching the IP address, or their ISP not updating their DNS records. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that.

We kept lumping it up front when the best player for that was on the bench. Then a Man U ball boy was sent on, not understand Pearson sometimes. Pass - do we know how to. Most players were at fault at various times loads of passes went to a red shirt.

We started well and should have scored but once they scored we seemed to run out of ideas. Then all we did was lump it up front which was meat and drink to the Cardiff defence. What a bunch of timewasters Cardiff were.The worst example was wben there was free kick late on and even though the whistle had definately gone the Cardiff player whacked it up to row Z in block J.

Very disappointing and Promotion in 2013? Well unless new players come in and Nigel can change his tactics when needed we have in the name of a Queens horse -Norfolk N Chance.

Last edited:
Did this thread really start over an hour after the game finished?
Yes. Some comments were made in the pre match thread, but nothing else forthcoming. Malaise?

And as I'm typing, Huddersfield equalise. Lovely.

We kept lumping it up front when the best player for that was on the bench.

Morgan sideways to Whitbread, sideways to Konchesky and then forward to Dyer is OK for a while but when it obviously wasn't working we kept with it!

We also tried lumping it forward so why have a big lanky bugger like Futacs on the bench if we aren't going to use him? Makes no sense. Disgusted.

Your not allowed to say anything negative on this forum without being shot..

Well done Leicester.

Well feck em. I've had it with Pearson now. How many times do we have to give games away like this due to appalling team selection, tactics, formation, set pieces, fitness and substitutions? All of which are his responsibility. He appears to know less about these aspects of management than a parrots arsehole.

We've got enough good players to be in the top two largely thanks to the owners and Steve Walsh. I genuinely haven't a clue what NP and Shakespeare offer us? Even if we're able to sneak into the play offs, and even if we then were fortunate enough to win them, we'd be an embarrassment in the Premier League with him in charge.

That's nine defeats in the first half of the season. And most of them would never have happened but for his stubborn incompetence.

Some of the posts are making us out to be worse than we were. For the first twenty minutes we played excellent football and Cardiff only kept us out by superb goalkeeping and riding their luck. Once Cardiff got ahead they kept their composure and defended very well, We deserved at least a point against a team that I think will be in the Prem next season.

It is easy to criticise substitutions when they don't change the game. Waghorn would probably have started the game if he had not had an operation recently and Vardy had to come off because of a knock. Marshall never weakens the team. Lingard seems to find it difficult to adapt to the physicality of this league and was unimpressive. I would rather have seen Matty James come on or Futacs used as an extra striker.

First half we completely dominated and Cardiff smash and grabbed their lead with their only attack. Second half we were shocking.

All we did second half was hoof long balls forward and pump high crosses into the box and the Cardiff defenders had a field day and won everything in the air. I felt sorry for Nugent and Waghorn, playing high balls up to them is just idiotic. If we were going to persist with that style of play then not bringing on Futacs or at the very least not putting Morgan up front was ridiculous. Lingard coming on instead was a massive head scratcher.

Whitbread really is Matt Mills re-incarnated, spent the whole game passing the ball straight back to the opposition and constantly getting lost by the player he should've been marking. I'm really starting to lose patience with Schmeichel too, he was brilliant for his first 6 months, but for the past year he's started to look more and more erratic and worrying.

This is a mirror image of my post match analysis of Millwall away. We never learn!

On the bench Mike Stowell continues to disappoint his fans. His characteristic leaps from the bench and facial contortions were missing. Even when he told the assistant referee to "do your job" this came over as a request rather a command.

On the other hand Malky Mackay was excellent value. His indignation began in the first minute and he continued to harass the fourth official throughout the match. He never seemed to stop for breath as he seamlessly switched from complaining that all the decisions were going against Cardiff to snarling at his own winning team and then back to the shameful refereeing again. Cardiff fans can be very proud of him.

Seems to be an extremely recurring theme in our matches this season.

Obviously there are exceptions, but for the most part this season it seems we always seem to come out firing and it's rare we don't completely dominate the opening 15 or 20 minutes. If we score in that period then we generally go on to dominate the game and win comfortably. If we don't, we generally get edgy and go on to lose.

Some of the posts are making us out to be worse than we were. For the first twenty minutes we played excellent football and Cardiff only kept us out by superb goalkeeping and riding their luck. Once Cardiff got ahead they kept their composure and defended very well, We deserved at least a point against a team that I think will be in the Prem next season.

It is easy to criticise substitutions when they don't change the game. Waghorn would probably have started the game if he had not had an operation recently and Vardy had to come off because of a knock. Marshall never weakens the team. Lingard seems to find it difficult to adapt to the physicality of this league and was unimpressive. I would rather have seen Matty James come on or Futacs used as an extra striker.

Sounds like a textbook away performance to me. Soak up early pressure, goal on the counter and then roll down the shutters.

From what I heard on the radio our support was pretty good too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566