Post Match Leicester City 0 Cardiff City 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am an NP fan but I do think he is tactically naive. Why do we persist in going long when we have no one to win a header?

Why can't he bring on Fuctas?

Why can we only play for 20 minutes? It's not as if its high octaine pass and move, pass move and so on?

Why is the obvious ignored?

Cardiff knew exactly what they wanted to do and they did it.

Men against boys.

I am an NP fan but I do think he is tactically naive. Why do we persist in going long when we have no one to win a header?

Why can't he bring on Fuctas?

Why can we only play for 20 minutes? It's not as if its high octaine pass and move, pass move and so on?

Why is the obvious ignored?

Cardiff knew exactly what they wanted to do and they did it.

Men against boys.

I don't think we won one header in open play yesterday, at least none outside our own half.

Oh dear, looks like people are starting to see what some saw many games ago, better late than never although we wont be in the playoffs for much longer.

One person who seemingly doesnt know what the **** is going on is Mr Pear Son, his selections and tactics are starting to really baffle now, his persistence with this bloody lightweight child from Manure is frustrating and says everything about his lack of preperation of the squad before the season started.

Stuburn and one dimensional, you need to sort it out Nigel. Oh and 25 minutes makes a game not.

Last edited:
I too am really at a loss with some of the tactical and team selections Pearson makes week on week.

De Laet was a head scratcher for me as a starter. We then took off Knockeart who was arguably our most effective route to the edge of their box - this is confirmed by the fact that every time he went forward Cardiff put 2 men on him. This should make spaces elsewhere, if it did we were unable to exploit it.

Vardy will come good but Waghorn is 'baked' and will never be a 15 goal striker at this level. Fuctas is never going to get a chance so we may as well get shot, perhaps he has shat in Pearsons car?

All the pressure is on Nugent who I really rate but he needs some help which at the moment he isn't getting.

New striker plus an 'engine' midfielder plus a centre back is the minimal requirement for January. With 8 defeats thus far we are in danger of not even making the play offs, if this happens Pearson will be gone sooner rather than later and we have to rebuild again which would probably end up as a failure for next season too. FFS Nigel, what is wrong is glaringly obvious so fix it before it fixes you.

Last edited:
I too am really at a loss with some of the tactical and team selections Pearson makes week on week.

De Laet was a head scratcher for me as a starter. We then took off Knockeart who was arguably our most effective route to the edge of their box - this is confirmed by the fact that every time he went forward Cardiff put 2 men on him. This should make spaces elsewhere, if it did we were unable to exploit it.

Vardy will come good but Waghorn is 'baked' and will never be a 15 goal striker at this level. Fuctas is never going to get a chance so we may as well get shot, perhaps he has shat in Pearsons car?

All the pressure is on Nugent who I really rate but he needs some help which at the moment he isn't getting.

New striker plus an 'engine' midfielder plus a centre back is the minimal requirement for January. With 8 defeats thus far we are in danger of not even making the play offs, if this happens Pearson will be gone sooner rather than later and we have to rebuild again which would probably end up as a failure for next season too. FFS Nigel, what is wrong is glaringly obvious so fix it before it fixes you.

Fix it how? He isn't able to bring in any more players at the minute. Who would you sooner have played right back? DeLaet did nothing wrong.

De Laet was and is lightweight, and was easily shaken off the ball. If we are going to go long then play a tall striker.

If we are going to play 2 short strikers then play it short, through the middle and out to the wings as we did the first 20 minutes yesterday.

Don't take off your most gifted player for no reason other than to shake it up. If you want to do this then change someone who has been ineffective or change the formation.

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face would be how I would sum it up.

De Laet was and is lightweight, and was easily shaken off the ball. If we are going to go long then play a tall striker.

If we are going to play 2 short strikers then play it short, through the middle and out to the wings as we did the first 20 minutes yesterday.

Don't take off your most gifted player for no reason other than to shake it up. If you want to do this then change someone who has been ineffective or change the formation.

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face would be how I would sum it up.

You'd sooner play Moore I assume?

Knockaert gave the ball away as much as anyone yesterday, he certainly wasn't outstanding. I agree that hitting the ball long and high wasn't working but this constant clamouring for Futacs is also baffling; he has done little to impress me when he has come on before.

Yes I would.

For the record I'm not clamouring for Fuctas, merely pointing out that if you intend to go long you need someone there to win it. Don't really care who it is though.

It wasn't very good, was it?

That said, one of those early chances go in and we probably win. Prof is right though, if you can weather the early bombardment from this side, you are in good shape for a result.

Fitness looked to be an issue yesterday towards the end, which is why everything went long. There was very little movement, though I'd argue the Man U youngster at least put a good shift in.

I think Pearson is a solid manager who will steady things down and build a tight squad. However, I think his distaste for big time Charlie's and his strict adherence to a certain system limits what he can do. He will never get a team relegated, but you aren't going to ramrod the league anytime soon either.

Martin will be available soon I reckon....

Personnel is frustrating too while I'm having a moan. The million pounds spent on Vardy was misplaced, de Laet is a very poor defender in a side that needs solid fullbacks, Whitbread is painfully average. You can't get them all right I suppose, and there have been some good signings along the way, but the squad is too thin.

We are desperate for a striker, a system that adds support to Andy King, and a partner for Morgan (just play Moore, at least he's still learning).

I'm not apoplectic yet, but I'm disappointed that at least one of the top two spots looks out of reach. And I suppose I don't see enough to suggest we are capable of a big push. Maybe a couple of new signings will push us on.

Bottom line is this: if we don't go up this season Pearson will likely be gone. Might as well let him see it out for as long as promotion is a possibility.

Last edited:
It wasn't very good, was it?

That said, one of those early chances go in and we probably win. Prof is right though, if you can weather the early bombardment from this side, you are in good shape for a result.

Fitness looked to be an issue yesterday towards the end, which is why everything went long. There was very little movement, though I'd argue the Man U youngster at least put a good shift in.

I think Pearson is a solid manager who will steady things down and build a tight squad. However, I think his distaste for big time Charlie's and his strict adherence to a certain system limits what he can do. He will never get a team relegated, but you aren't going to ramrod the league anytime soon either.

Martin will be available soon I reckon....

I hope you aren't implying we should get him back here?

You'll be saddened to hear, Matt, that I am one of those fans that would welcome it (though his work at Sunderland suggests he might have lost his love for the game which gives me pause).

You'll be saddened to hear, Matt, that I am one of those fans that would welcome it (though his work at Sunderland suggests he might have lost his love for the game which gives me pause).

And his antics at Villa. And his starting us on the road to admin. What he achieved In the pitch here was great but we need to leave it in the past. The way he left and the situation he left behind were far from favourable.

The overall problem here is that we only play very well in20 minute patches. I am not naive enough to think we can play very well for the whole 90 minutes but at least look decent outside the purple patches.

A very poor result yesterday.

How many weeks has someone on this forum said something similar to "if we score in the first 20 minutes when we dominate", and we continually fail to score...

We were narrowly beaten by a team currently sitting top, before the season started i would have settled for 5th at Xmas, we are going through a dip in form but lets see who these "one or two squad additions " are and lets get behind the team instead of this continual sniping. The last thing this club needs is to go back on the managerial merrygoround

Bottom line is this: if we don't go up this season Pearson will likely be gone. Might as well let him see it out for as long as promotion is a possibility.

Agree completely. However I think there is a very real chance that we will be outside the top six before the year is out and I think that might be enough to prompt the owners into Action. Pearson has done some good things since his return but he has also spent roughly £10m and only marginally improved our performance. Will they really trust him with more in January?

It looked very promising for a while but that good run looks to be the exception, much like when Sven's side did something similar in his first season in charge. We aren't good enough to go up automatically and I think the play offs might be asking a lot. There are obvious problems on the pitch. We all come away with the same complaints. And yet I'm losing confidence in Pearson to solve them. I read elsewhere that we are yet to play seven of the top half away from home. That doesn't bode well, given our away form.

I think he's for the push.

Agree completely. However I think there is a very real chance that we will be outside the top six before the year is out and I think that might be enough to prompt the owners into Action. Pearson has done some good things since his return but he has also spent roughly £10m and only marginally improved our performance. Will they really trust him with more in January?

It looked very promising for a while but that good run looks to be the exception, much like when Sven's side did something similar in his first season in charge. We aren't good enough to go up automatically and I think the play offs might be asking a lot. There are obvious problems on the pitch. We all come away with the same complaints. And yet I'm losing confidence in Pearson to solve them. I read elsewhere that we are yet to play seven of the top half away from home. That doesn't bode well, given our away form.

I think he's for the push.

I must be the only one who wouldn't be bothered if we don't go up. I can do without a huge increase on my season ticket to watch us lose week in week out to over paid prima donnas or boring as luck Stoke. Reading and QPR fans must be having the times of their lives right now.

I must be the only one who wouldn't be bothered if we don't go up. I can do without a huge increase on my season ticket to watch us lose week in week out to over paid prima donnas or boring as luck Stoke. Reading and QPR fans must be having the times of their lives right now.

Yes Matt I think you might be. What is the point then?

Yes Matt I think you might be. What is the point then?

This season we are a lot better than last in a lot of areas. Another season of improvement might see us more prepared. If we go up this season we will come straight back regardless of who is the manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669