Post Match Leicester City 1 - 0 Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly not getting carried away. We rode our luck at times.
Special mention to Morgan, Schlupp, King, Drinkwater, Marshall and Vardy.
I still think we need to be more ruthless and lack a physical presence alongside Morgan at the back.

Morgan, Marshall and Vardy looked good, a solid team performance. King kept things ticking over nicely with some neat touches. Didn't expect Vardy to be the no1 striker.. how soon one of Beckford/Nugent start scoring on a regular basis and offer support for Vardy will be a major factor in where we're placed after 10 games.

Go 'ome Ollie XD

What an absolute dipshit he is.

Very good performance. Looked a bit shakey at the back again when we went one up. Thought we were very unlucky with some chances too. Really it was an odd game but great to get the win. Really hope we start putting Schlupp in at left back ahead of Konchesky. The bald chap is a real liability IMO whereas Schlupp is the polar opposite, very quick, reads well and puts in some great tackles.

We can all sleep happy tonight. Still not convinced we will get promoted this season but I'm not worried if we don't personally. All I would like is a bit of stability.

Certainly not getting carried away. We rode our luck at times.
Special mention to Morgan, Schlupp, King, Drinkwater, Marshall and Vardy.
I still think we need to be more ruthless and lack a physical presence alongside Morgan at the back.

Sorry but I think Moore can be that man. Was fairly impressed with his defensive work for a young lad. Misplaced one or two passes but probably to be expected from the inexperienced.

Sorry but I think Moore can be that man. Was fairly impressed with his defensive work for a young lad. Misplaced one or two passes but probably to be expected from the inexperienced.
I agree to an extent but I think he needs to sharpen up his distribution. Nevertheless, a very good prospect.

Very good team performance generally. King and Drinkwater ran the game in the first half, King especially looked more and more like the player we'd always hope he'd be. MOTM for me though was Morgan, who was outstanding all game.

We looked solid all game really until they put 4 up front and bypassed the midfield, which we had dominated. The makeshift back four held firm though. Beckford got into a lot of good positons but looked scared when it mattered. Vardy played well but I'd have liked to have seen him shoot instead of square a bit more.

Didn't look a penalty at all to me but the one five minutes looked a dead cert. I think the supporter got the penalty given which goes to show what effect we can have.

On my way home. Overall very pleased, especially with King and Drinkwater who were superb. We played extremely well for 53 minutes and then switched off a bit.

The main thing is we are not clinical enough, also we still fail to get that little bit of luck, a kind bounce here and there. I know it was never a penalty from where I was (right behind the goal) but there were two blatant penalties in my opinion that should have been given, and the ref had a shocker today. Vardy needs to be told by someone that he needs to shoot because it looks like he only cares about his position in the assist table.

3 points against top of the league, and if the display by Blackburn (now 2nd in the league) is anything to go by, Leicester should hope for a very successful season.

Kasper was also class today, and Moore/Morgan combo is the best we have IMO. Although I am a big Pearson fan, he made questionable substitutions today, I thought Futacs had to come on, we were losing everything in the air. Plus Dyer looked threatening and Nugent was pretty ineffective upfront.

Ratings - and yes I'm going decimals

Kasper - 8.3 solid, made an important save in the first half and looked comfortable under pressure

St Ledger - 6.5 bearing in mind he had to come in at the last moment he did very well out of position, however he does still look a little off the pace, understandably

Moore - 7.5 another great performance, almost faultless although a dodgy pass early on may have slipped him right out of premier league attention

Morgan - 8.5 controlled the team, looked sharp on the ball, won a lot of important headers and last ditch tackles

Konchesky - 7.4 a lot improved from recent weeks, he looked a threat on the attack as well as solid at left back and centre half

Marshall - 7.1 crosses were not up to his normal standard but as he got the goal and looked threatening-ish still overall performed

Drinkwater - 8.9 very cool and collected and played the look up and pass role very well, battled hard and solidified his starting position

King - 9.3 similar to Drinkwater, unlucky not to score, very good captainlike performance

Dyer - 7.8 I was unsure about whether he deserved a place ahead of knockers but he looked dangerous and was again unlucky not to score

Nugent - 6.9 had a tough job as the target man against a tall Blackpool side, he also should have been more clinical and a couple of decisions he made were poor

Vardy 7.4 still a good buy in my mind as he could have scored a few today if he decides to shoot. Got in the positions well, I'm not sure if the offside calls were correct but he strays offside a lot more than he should

Subs

Schlupp - 7.3 not a full back IMO, so overall dealt with blakpools dangerous wingers well. Also had to explain the my granny many times that his name was not Slut

Knockers - 7.0 ineffective in his time on the pitch but didn't make any errors, and provided a few nice passes

Beckford - 6.5 had to score at least one of the chances he had, still lacked clinical finishing abilities. Although he worked harder than normal and didn't have much time

Not sure why I did this as everyone probably watched the match but it will be interesting to see if people agree/disagree with me

One thing I will say, Dyer is continually as ineffective as Gallagher but gets half the stick.

One thing I will say, Dyer is continually as ineffective as Gallagher but gets half the stick.

Dyer has one thing that gets him in the side - outstanding pace. He is a fantastic outlet on the counter attack and he is also able to get back goal side when we are defending. If he had end product he would be playing in the premier. Gallagher on the other hand has no pace and is easy to nullify.

Last edited:
centre back plays at right back. substitution means left back moves to centre back with centre back moving to right back and forward comes on at left back. with a one goal lead, we played the last 15 mins with 4 forwards on the pitch, one at left back. does that prove our versatility or threadbare nature of our squad defensively ?

i imagine that nigel will need to get some defensive loan deals in for full back cover.

Phew. I'm pleased that's over and relieved we won. Two teams for whom defending is a mere afterthought.

We attacked them, which was sensible given our weakness defensively, and this made the difference in the end. The result could easily have gone the other way, but we got lucky. The penalty was a shameful decision that we'd be fuming about if it was against us. The ref was influenced by a crowd, players and NP who spent the early minutes of the second half berating him for making perfectly sound decisions.

I like Vardy, he's a very useful player. King is definitely back to his old self after a couple of AWOL seasons. Morgan did well too and I was impressed with Schlupp's application at left back.

Why anyone thought it appropriate to give Dyer a standing ovation is utterly beyond me. His passing and shooting were schoolkid standard, yet people never think he's shite. It's bizarre. And as for the deeply self indulgent cameo from Beckford, the sooner that waste of a career is out of the club, the better.

Dyer has one thing that gets him in the side - outstanding pace. He is a fantastic outlet on the counter attack and he is also able to get back goal side when we are defending. If he had end product he would be playing in the premier. Gallagher on the other hand has no pace and is easy to nullify.

It's a shame he does **** all once he beats a man, and got help him if it lands at his right foot. He may have the capacity to get back and defend, it's just a shame he doesn't.

Agreed we do look uncomfortably short of defensive options. Morgan was a top class buy, Moore will benefit playing alongside such a class act. However with the injury to de Leat, SSL is clearly not matchfit, Konch is a bit unpredictable, Schulpp is a better forward than a defender, do we have another centreback? Any further injuries to the current back line and we really are struggling in a crucial area of the team, unless the forwards can guarantee to score more goals than we concede.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669