Post Match Leicester City 3 - 1 Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Drinkwater was excellent today. It was also a good team performance though. I thought the shape looked good and allowed Knockers to do his stuff. He really looks like he could offer something very different when we've been accused of being too predictable in the past. Hull were very poor.

On one occasion when supposedly supporting Morgan in a dangerous position on the edge of the area, he actually just ran off and left him to it. He misplaced two or three very straightforward passes. He was knocked off the ball easily and he was very soft in the challenge.

Apart from that, I suppose he did okay. He's actually a bit better in the last couple of games than his first couple, but that's just shades of shit.

King was miles superior when he came on.

I hadn't seen James play before so can only judge on what I saw. I'd built an expectation of him being far worse than he was.

I'd forgotten he was playing until 20 minutes had gone by so that tells me he was neither good or bad.

Drinkwater says he likes to play alongside him as they have done for a lot of years and they know each others game. I agree Kingy was better when he came on but it's all looking good for our midfield.

I'm a Danns fan but it seems he is history and we can do without him. Wellens is back soon too.

A very good win that, Bruce getting sent off was the icing on the cake!

Glad to see he was man enough for this.....

"I have just been into see the referee to apologise. Sometimes you do some stupid things, at my age especially.

"I contested a decision that had gone against us but I still should not go on like some raving lunatic, which I did and I have apologised."

I think if K(er)nockaert can stay fit, and continue to play in the roving attacking role he excelled in today, promotion is a possibility.

Hull just couldn't cope with him. Many other Championship teams will struggle to pin him down too.

A long time since I've been this excited about watching a City player.

I think if K(er)nockaert can stay fit, and continue to play in the roving attacking role he excelled in today, promotion is a possibility.

Hull just couldn't cope with him. Many other Championship teams will struggle to pin him down too.

A long time since I've been this excited about watching a City player.

The Ull commentator said he was the best player they'd seen in the Championship this season. Said he played like a young Andy Reid.

I thought Hull were better in the 1st half than the 2nd. Aluko looked a decent threat, Simpson pacy and the lad on the left wing also. That said, I thought the key today was nullifying Koren (the worst I've seen him play against us) and pressing them high up the field. The chasing and harrying was evident from start to finish. Obviously the MOM was Nugent but Drinkwater, Morgan and SSL weren't far behind. As for Steve Bruce, I think we've all lost the plot at some point - it was rather comical as he at first went down the tunnel, then into the stand, then back down the tunnel and then finally in the Directors box.......all to create an extra 4mins of stoppage time!

A minor quibble, but has anyone else looked at the stats?

Suggests we only had 6 shots all match.

From memory, I can remember Vardy's two gilt-edged chances, the two shots cleared off the line, and countless other efforts apart from the goals.

A minor quibble, but has anyone else looked at the stats?

Suggests we only had 6 shots all match.

From memory, I can remember Vardy's two gilt-edged chances, the two shots cleared off the line, and countless other efforts apart from the goals.

in total or just on target? I remember rball stats being over 20 when I checked online

Well done to your lads for running their socks off and a convincing victory.
I don"t think the weather helped our rapid passing style of the past 3 games but as mentioned earlier we did not have a plan B
However I do have to mention the drum.You are not Boston Utd or Lincoln City-get rid.
It will be interesting to see the gap between us after the next 2 games

Well done to your lads for running their socks off and a convincing victory.I don"t think the weather helped our rapid passing style of the past 3 games but as mentioned earlier we did not have a plan BHowever I do have to mention the drum.You are not Boston Utd or Lincoln City-get rid.It will be interesting to see the gap between us after the next 2 games
You're making more sense for each post. Keep it up!Totally agree on the drum! I hate feckin' drums!

Well done to your lads for running their socks off and a convincing victory.
I don"t think the weather helped our rapid passing style of the past 3 games but as mentioned earlier we did not have a plan B
However I do have to mention the drum.You are not Boston Utd or Lincoln City-get rid.
It will be interesting to see the gap between us after the next 2 games

You got back safe. Good. Hope you enjoyed your big day out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669