Post Match Leicester City 3 - 1 Hull

Status
Not open for further replies.
A good few days for NP. I honestly thought that at Half time against Burnley he was either 45 mins or todays game away from the tin tac. That Burnley result might just be the turning point for the season. Just need to get something on the board from M'boro and then we should really be off and running.
Interesting to note that whilst its been a real sluggish start, we have now played teams that are currently 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th. On that basis there is not too much to frighten us out there, and if the team improves as the season rolls on, then anything should be possible.

Well done to your lads for running their socks off and a convincing victory.
I don"t think the weather helped our rapid passing style of the past 3 games but as mentioned earlier we did not have a plan B
However I do have to mention the drum.You are not Boston Utd or Lincoln City-get rid.
It will be interesting to see the gap between us after the next 2 games

Seriously? If you think your team struggle in adverse weather conditions it could be a very long season for you.

Great result super nugent,Abit dissapointed their was alot of empty seats but found it funny bruce got sent from the touchline.well done lads

Jimmy.We have been playing a high scoring attacking style.Yesterday your players chased us down and kept the pressure on.
I would be interested in your prediction for our respective points tally after the next 4 games.
The weather yesterday did not favour our preferred style and this allowed you to move ahead of us in the league.....oh wait a minute!
It has been a good week for the mid table teams

Of course it didn't rain on the Leicester players, and if your style doesn't suit rain you could be in for along hard winter.

Jimmy.We have been playing a high scoring attacking style.Yesterday your players chased us down and kept the pressure on.
I would be interested in your prediction for our respective points tally after the next 4 games.
The weather yesterday did not favour our preferred style and this allowed you to move ahead of us in the league.....oh wait a minute!
Cafe, dont take this the wrong way but I'm not really interested in Hull or any other Championship team for that matter. I have no idea who you play next or the game after that. I dont make predictions as they only tend to come back and bite me on the arse. On a side note yesterdays rain didnt seem to have any effect on our high tempo slick passing style which was nice to see.

Drinkwater was excellent. James played well (can't understand why people had been slagging him off on here). Marshall was disappointing. No one has mentioned St Ledger. I thought he was outstanding today.
Think James will always have his doubters because he's not particularly flashy. Thought he did alright yesterday, got his foot in, kept the ball moving. People seem to highlight any blip he has rather than anything good he does.

He was out for a long time injured, we're still only 7 games into the season and I think he'll only get better with more time.

King looked good when he came on, but he had license to get forward. He linked up well in the final third but I thought we got sloppy in the middle around that time.

Back on topic, and I thought we were excellent yesterday. We looked a genuine threat when we went forward (as we have done almost every game this season) and showed a lot of maturity on the ball, with patience but also intention. Knockers and Drinky were key to this as they went and showed themselves, took the ball off people and used it efficiently and effectively. They were helped by the excellent movement of our front two.

If I had to select negatives, I would say that we didn't really look like keeping a clean sheet (partly because of our attacking outlook), while Marshall and James were largely anonymous (not bad, just not getting involved that much). I would be surprised if King doesn't come back in when he's fully fit.

I continue to believe that we'll get our away form right (I will happily take 3 points out of the next two games) and our home form bodes really well for the season.

Dillusional idiot.

Well done to your lads for running their socks off and a convincing victory.
I don"t think the weather helped our rapid passing style of the past 3 games but as mentioned earlier we did not have a plan B
However I do have to mention the drum.You are not Boston Utd or Lincoln City-get rid.
It will be interesting to see the gap between us after the next 2 games

Is this it?

After weeks of abuse of Nigel Pearson and Leicester City as a team, this is all you can muster?

Your own manager is incapable of adapting the tactics to match the weather and Nigel Pearson totally out thought Mr Bruce formation wise from the start. Do the Hull players not want to play for Bruce? Their lack of effort compared to the Leicester players yesterday suggests this may be the case.

What did you think of the way Pearson changed his own tactics to defeat the plan you came with?

Is this it?

After weeks of abuse of Nigel Pearson and Leicester City as a team, this is all you can muster?

Your own manager is incapable of adapting the tactics to match the weather and Nigel Pearson totally out thought Mr Bruce formation wise from the start. Do the Hull players not want to play for Bruce? Their lack of effort compared to the Leicester players yesterday suggests this may be the case.

What did you think of the way Pearson changed his own tactics to defeat the plan you came with?

Spot on. Bruce lost Hull this game more than anyone. A dinosaur tactic of 3-5-2, stuck 10 men behind the ball and then when losing, Hull did little to lift the tempo.

Anyway, I thought it was better to play slick passing on wet turf....high balls would certainly be a waste of time.

I still do not think that Nigel Pearson is the man to take us to the promised land, but fair play to him and the team; everything was right yesterday. A thoroughly deserved three points, a ninety minute performance and, I think, that anything other than due credit to the team, and the manager (that was painful :icon_bigg) would be mean. Thoroughly outclassed Hull.

Forgot to mention earlier, Morgan's run, late on, where he beat about 3 players and was doing step-overs and dropping his shoulder made me laugh. I so wanted him to tonk it in from 25 yards to finish it off but I think he got a bit carried away with trying to beat players.

Forgot to mention earlier, Morgan's run, late on, where he beat about 3 players and was doing step-overs and dropping his shoulder made me laugh. I so wanted him to tonk it in from 25 yards to finish it off but I think he got a bit carried away with trying to beat players.
It made me laugh as well. For ten yards he thought he was Knockaert, then he remembered who he really was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669