Steven

City 3-0 winners :038: Up to eighth in the table :icon_bigg

* Beckford 55
* Gallagher 71
* Gallagher 74

Leicester 3 Palace 0

Beckford and then two from range for Gally

Welcome home Nige!

Great start! Although we have tended to do well at home against the higher placed teams. If it carries on I'll be more than happy to eat my words but 1 game does not make a tenure. Hopefully we can build on this and finally get into the top six next week.

Would love to hear how we played and get a sense of the performance. Two from range is great but on another day they could have hit the bar or scraped the post and its a very different story line then. Did we create many chances? How did the team play? BBC saying the first half was 'dismal'

Would love to hear how we played and get a sense of the performance. Two from range is great but on another day they could have hit the bar or scraped the post and its a very different story line then. Did we create many chances? How did the team play? BBC saying the first half was 'dismal'

I don't think a one-nil win is that different a storyline.

That said, at times it seemed like we rode our luck a little.

Are you being serious? Please say this I a joke?
Why would it be a joke to want to know how we played? I wasn't at the game and couldn't tune in. Just want to know if anyone at the ground shares the opinion of the BBC. Two screamers from outside of the area wont happen week in week out. I just want to know if we were unlucky in the area or whether 3-0 was flattering

Where was the Beckford offside?

I only listened to the commentary, but it was more even than the scoreline suggests - but then again, many games are. When we lost 3-0 at home to Millwall, that was 'closer' than the scoreline suggested. Maybe on another day, Millwall's efforts could have hit the bar, and a manager wouldn't have lost his job.

At the end of the day, results count for everything. 3-0 at home is about as good as you could wish for with a team that had lost as many as won this year.

I don't think a one-nil win is that different a storyline.

That said, at times it seemed like we rode our luck a little.
It is very different! a team being 3-0 down with ten minutes to go is hardly likely to apply as much pressure as a team that is only 1-0 down.

I only listened to the commentary, but it was more even than the scoreline suggests - but then again, many games are. When we lost 3-0 at home to Millwall, that was 'closer' than the scoreline suggested. Maybe on another day, Millwall's efforts could have hit the bar, and a manager wouldn't have lost his job.

At the end of the day, results count for everything. 3-0 at home is about as good as you could wish for with a team that had lost as many as won this year.

Totally agree! I'm happy with 3 points, 3 goals and a clean sheet. just trying to get a bit of insight into what the next couple of games hold.

Who gives a toss - 3pts is king

Just got back. Credit to Palace they never gave up and we did well to keep them out. Beckford missed an absolute sitter which would have been easier to score but did well when he did. Gally's were immense. Excellent 2nd half, deserved 3 points!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669