Post Match Leicester City 3 Crystal Palace 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boring ****ing Pearson footy.

'Dismal' is one of those words sports commentators like to use.It wasn't thrilling by any means but it was competent on our part.Contained them well & there was definitely a tactical shift.baslls played forward earlier,less side to side midfield passing,more width.

Beckfords goal was from a nice flowing passing move btw...just how passing football SHOULD be played,with penetration & a definite end product.It'll serve as a statement hopefully.First goal scored under Pearson coming from an incisive passing move with a neat finish.
No 'hoofball' in evidence!!!!!

As for goals 2 & 3 :-0

1st was a wonderful finish...2nd...well...I use the 'hairs on back of neck' scale to measure the relative quality of wonder goals & on that basis its up there with Joey from the halfway line & Izzet & Nalis' Leeds goals (& going back into prehistory Andy Peake against Liverpool,Alan Young against Soton in the FA Cup,still the best headed goal I've ever seen & Dennis Rofe thundering one in off the crossbar from 30 yards against QPR)

Bloody magical.

Just got back from the game, can't believe the reaction of the people on the radio who made it sound like a great performance scoreline flattered us really.

That said Gally's strikes were class, his second was one of the best i've seen down the Walkers/KPS.

I enjoyed that second half sooooo much. Just a fantastic result, great to see NP back and put out a committed side again. :038:

Firstly, just have to say I've criticised them as much as anyone this season, but King and Wellens were both so, so much better today.

King is definitely a defensive midfielder, not an attacking midfielder imo. Yeah, he scored more goals playing as an attacking one under SGE, but he's always been a far more effective player playing as a defensive midfielder under NP for me. He was class today, made 4 or 5 fantastic crucial blocks/tackles which saved goalscoring opportunities.

Got to mention St. Ledger as well, best game in a Leicester shirt by a mile, really hope he is the type of player NP will get the best out of.

As for Gallagher, well, bloody hell. I thought his first goal was good, but his second :icon_eek:. He really does seem to have something against Palace. :icon_lol: Always seems to score screamers against them.

Beckford's first goal is obviously going to get a bit overshadowed by Gallagher's two, but it was a class goal in its own right, from back to front with quick one-touch passing, it was counter-attacking football at it's finest, something we really didn't see under SGE and a goal we never would have scored under him.

Last edited:
Much improved performance. It made a change just to see some attempts on goal. Two screamers from Gally its normally us that concede the world class goals. Encouraging signs for the future. Defence was a little shakey at times although some great blocks. Im happy on that showing. New seats were not bad either.

Got to mention St. Ledger as well, best game in a Leicester shirt by a mile, really hope he is the type of player NP will get the best out of.

When I got back to the car I heard a commentator mentioning how Pearson had given SSL a special man hug.

Bamba isn't going to stroll back into this team, crowd favourite or not.

Just got back. Credit to Palace they never gave up and we did well to keep them out. Beckford missed an absolute sitter which would have been easier to score but did well when he did. Gally's were immense. Excellent 2nd half, deserved 3 points!

To be fair to Beckford on that sitter, he was a little unlucky; he tried to side foot it wide of the keeper, but Speroni just got a foot to it.

St Ledger easily our best player. Gally was nothing special today apart from his two stunners and he was robbed of the ball too easily on several occasions. Their best payer was Zaha. Pure class he is and absolutely huge.

First goal came through us running at pace with the ball at their defence (Konchesky).

Gallagher's beauty - Sheeeit...eat your heart out, Clay Davies.

Also, didn't realise that Palace haven't scored a goal since 25th October.

Last edited:
To be fair to Beckford on that sitter, he was a little unlucky; he tried to side foot it wide of the keeper, but Speroni just got a foot to it.

He tried to sidefoot it but so feebly that even if it had beaten Speroni, it did not have enough pace to reach the goal. Can't believe he missed it even now. Took his goal well and I'm pleased for him.

Just seen goals on East Midlands news. Completely underwhelming description of Gally's second goal - I salute you, Mark Shardlow

Ratings for me:

Schmeichel - Made an absolutely fantastic point blank save which may have turned the match. 8

Peltier - Looked threatening going forward - 7
St. Ledger - That was the player I was hoping we'd signed, that was the player who Ireland fans constantly wax lyrical about. 9
Mills - Much better today - 8
Konchesky - Shaky at the back. - 5

Gallagher - Essentially won the match with two incredible strikes. 9
King - As said above, he was exceptional defensively today. To me, his defensive ability has always been a bigger strength that his attacking ability. 9
Wellens - Ran the midfield expertly. Wellens puts in performances like this every now and again and you wonder why he can't do it every week. - 9
Dyer - Disappointing. - 5

Beckford - Well taken goal, but really should've scored a hat-trick missed 2 real sitters. 6
Nugent - Huffed and puffed, but the ball was played to much with his back to go to get involved enough. 6

Subs:
Howard - Crap. (Though did provide a great comedy moment in which he did this sort of turning chest down while falling over) 4
Schlupp - Showed glimpses of promise though it was laced in naivety. 6
Abe - Definitely not a right back, was being turned inside out. 4

MOTM could go to any one of SSL, Gallagher, King or Wellens really.

Last edited:
I remember now how Pearson, everything he said used to make me agree. Just listening to an interview with him about today and he's very straightforward. "gallagher's second was great" NP: Yes, but that's what Gally does.". Fair enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566