Leicester City Players in Euro 2016 or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Danny was a tough one to leave out," said Hodgson. "He has had a very good season. We were very happy with the work he did for us but, of course, as far as we are concerned, if you look back over the two years we have been working together as a team, he was the last man in".

(Apart from Rashford who got picked instead)

Every time Hodgson opens his mouth, he just confirms big club bias more than before.

I have previously been quite lenient with England managers, because they've rarely had other genuinely good options.
I believe Roy has blown the opportunity to surprise us all by taking players that allow him more than one playing style.
Vardy will be wasted out on the wing, Rooney will play up front, and Wilshere will return to the UK after a single match due to injury. Standard.

I have been thinking about this for a few hours now and have come to the conclusion that Hodgson is a ****. No need to go into any detail, other than the fact that he is a ****. I hope England fall apart with the only shining light to come from Vardy - who will be stuck out on the wing - by the **** of a manager.

People saying we'll crash out in the group stages - I doubt it, as don't 3 teams go through from each group this time around? We'd have to be very, very bad to go out in the groups.
Not quite. There are six groups, so it's the top two in each group, plus the four best third placed teams, who progress through to the last 16.

Don't give a toss about the national side to be honest, but how much of the anger is simply down to the omission of DD? If DD were in at the expense of Rashford (i.e still Henderson and Smoking Wilshire) would there be quite as much angst?

Don't give a toss about the national side to be honest, but how much of the anger is simply down to the omission of DD? If DD were in at the expense of Rashford (i.e still Henderson and Smoking Wilshire) would there be quite as much angst?

I think so. DD is just one example of several poor selection choices.

I Don't think DD's inclusion alone would improve our chances

On here, yes I'm sure you're right. It is very odd indeed though that two midfielders have been selected above DD who are both injury prone and one of them has only played a couple of hours all season long.

For them to be selected over probably one of the top 3 English midfielders of his type last season and one who performed in a team winning the PL is bound to raise a few eyebrows.

FWIW, I also agree that if we had a Rashford type player who had made an impact over a few club games he certainly wouldn't be picked to play for England. After one game (against poor opposition) and scoring virtually a tap in he certainly wouldn't be shoe horned in for a major competition.

Big club bias? Hell, yes with bells on.

I've read a fair bit of anger about "big club bias" on forums of other clubs, this week. Most of which has focused on the omission of DD.

Best this Drinkwater saga is put to bed, best we don't advertise a theory that our players need to move to 1 of the .big clubs' to have an England career.

Best this Drinkwater saga is put to bed, best we don't advertise a theory that our players need to move to 1 of the .big clubs' to have an England career.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment, do you not think people are aware of this already?

I am sure that DD would rather be at Leicester as League Champions and a hero, than be at Arsenal or Spurs, not be supported week to week, but get afew extra England games.

I think so. DD is just one example of several poor selection choices.

I Don't think DD's inclusion alone would improve our chances

Several? I'd have taken Danny and Townsend, but I'm not sure who else would get near the squad - Mr Roy doesn't have a wealth of options

To be honest if Townsend had been selected I think we might as well give up all together and not bother entering a team.

He's utter shite, 1 dimensional shite

To be honest if Townsend had been selected I think we might as well give up all together and not bother entering a team.

He's utter shite, 1 dimensional shite
We have too many 0 dimensional players like Henderson who don't really offer anything in defence or attack, they just keep play ticking over.

Townsend would at least offer some width and try to run at defenders.

We have too many 0 dimensional players like Henderson who don't really offer anything in defence or attack, they just keep play ticking over.

Townsend would at least offer some width and try to run at defenders.
I know it's unfashionable to back him, but I agree. At least Townsend offers something different. I think we have too many "functional" players and, if you're losing a match, you need to be able to change something. He may not be the greatest player, but he at least provides a different option.

When Delph was omitted through injury, I'm sure RH said that he'd be on his standby list.
However Danny & Andros have been released completely.
Something really stinks.

Fair comment PPF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673