Leicester City Players in Euro 2016 or something similar

Status
Not open for further replies.
The debate about which player should or should not sit on the bench is largely superfluous.

The total lack of a settled formation or coherent tactical strategy should be getting more attention.

Henderson - average at best all season (because that's what he is...an average midfielder) ,Barkley - total gash since at least Xmas.& as for Rashford,does anyone imagine that he'd be anywhere near the squad if he'd had exactly the same season that he has had...but had it for Watford or Bournemouth? Would he bollocks!
I'm actually now in the position of actively hoping England do appallingly badly.Worse than South Africa.Just so this sad joke of a regime can be put out of it's misery.
England have players with certain strengths,but this insipid loser steadfastly refuses to play to any of them & packs the squad with plodding donkeys.The few genuine talents he has he plays out of position & nullifies their effectiveness.It's Graham Taylor revisited.
Still,I shudder to think what the list of replacement candidates would look like.No remotely decent manager would touch the job with someone else's bargepole.
All a complete waste of ****ing time.

Thank **** I'm half Irish.At least i can still have a bit of fun out of it.

Or maybe I'll just watch the Copa America & hope Mexico win it (backed them at 14/1 e/w)

I'm actually now in the position of actively hoping England do appallingly badly.Worse than South Africa.Just so this sad joke of a regime can be put out of it's misery.

Yeah, you say that but have you looked at the three current favourites to replace Woy?

Alan Pardew, Gary Neville and Gareth Southgate.

Yeah, you say that but have you looked at the three current favourites to replace Woy?

Jesus Christ.I knew it would be bad but that is a complete farce.

Is Mike Bassett available?

Roy has picked a squad to play possession football, slow, low risk (low reward) build up play. The same as every England team I can recall. Vardy is the only player in the squad that offers any hope of penetration.

I find this very bizarre as the English Premier League is the exact opposite. Known for it's fast pace and quick turnovers.

All of the top finishers play fast, penetrating football, and you have have to go down to Man Utd to find a team that has tried to play possession through the lines, and they only came good when they gave that up and picked up the pace.

Why England managers try to make English players play like an 80s Italian team is beyond me.

We will be boring losers as always.

I anticipate an insipid style of football that has me scratching my own eyes out by half time.

It can't even be described as a slow building style, mainly down to the fact it doesn't actually result in anything being built out of it.

We will either be losing and the old fecker will panic and change the style or we will have shipped 3 goals already due to our laughable defence.

I'll be in Scotland for our 1st 2 games, I think I'll stay in and watch it in the cottage rather than face the humiliation of watching in a pub

This Euros really had the potential to be a quietly good one for us.

We've got lots of exciting and fresh players to choose and no ridiculous media pressure to win it but Woy seems like he's shot us in the foot already with that tired, boring and same old average selection that has never brought any past success or looked like achieving any with a style of football that is almost torturous to watch.

Can't see us getting beyond the first knockout at very best and part of me wouldn't be bothered if we just lost all 3 to force a complete overhaul of the FA. It won't happen though and there is no one decent who would take the job so as bad as it is, we're probs best with Woy for now until we can entice someone who knows about 21st century football.

Thank **** the rest of the good home nations qualified though. I'll be using my very small Northern Irish connection to jump on their bandwagon. Even though it's a Catholic connection I just want to be part of the whole Will Grigg's on fire thing!

I know you haven't listed him but Howe at Bournemouth would be high on my list. Inexperienced I know, but a young manager and hopefully could bring something new to the table. Plus he won't, or at least is less likely to, be swayed by the "he plays for the big team, he's in" brigade.

I don't even know what to think about this tournament. The side is unbalanced, we aren't sure on our best system, we are defensively a liability, he's taking players that are 70% fit, he's going to shoehorn players into positions they aren't comfortable in and we're probably going to get smashed by Bales and come home knocked out at the group stage.

I anticipate an insipid style of football that has me scratching my own eyes out by half time.

It can't even be described as a slow building style, mainly down to the fact it doesn't actually result in anything being built out of it.

We will either be losing and the old fecker will panic and change the style or we will have shipped 3 goals already due to our laughable defence.

I'll be in Scotland for our 1st 2 games, I think I'll stay in and watch it in the cottage rather than face the humiliation of watching in a pub

This was my point, our players aren't capable of doing it, and modern defences don't make as many mistakes as they used to, so the style is now less effective anyway.

Roy isn't playing to win, he's playing to not get thrashed.

Tbh I'd probs take a defeat to Wales if Kingy got the winner.

Howe is a good shout but not a hope in hell the FA would ever consider him.

It will be one of the cronies that already has an FA connection or one of the classic old, has been international managers if Woy goes.

England are 6-1 to be sent home at the group stages. Why is it every Manager except Ramsey and Robson isnist on trying to fit players into squads? watched the documentary on the 66 team every one mentioned that the players in that team and squad were not neccesary the best in England but fitted into Alf Ramsey's vision and team.

Ranieri/Klopp have proven that possesion does not always win you games, it is how you squeeze and apply pressure without the ball that matters, then strike with real pace when the ball is won! looking at our midfield it is devoid of pace and energy IMO Hodgson is decades behind the curve he will fall on his sword I guess, I hope he really goes for it and does not revert to type playing pragmatic football.

People saying we'll crash out in the group stages - I doubt it, as don't 3 teams go through from each group this time around? We'd have to be very, very bad to go out in the groups.

I do think Wales will beat us though. The thought of Bale against that defence is terrifying.

Every ****er is half Irish these days.

Imagine an Irishman clinging to being half English in the hope he can follow them at football, yea right.

If you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669