Leicester City set to unveil third members in the consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as I understand it only stakeholders with a a substantial stakeholding are scrutinised by the FA - I can't recall the precise figure - but it may be 10%.

As always, I stand to be corrected on this but I think that the Foxes Trust is getting a bit over-excited by this and the strong likelihood as Homer points out is that the club is operating within FA rules on its reporting of matters.

Mandaric has already admitted that things were not done according to Football League (not FA) rules, but claimed that it was just a technicality.

Sorry boca I think your wrong the Football League would not have approved the deal unless ALL matters where absolutley spot on, a 'technicality', would have to have been dealt with at that time NOT after the approval.

Sorry - I meant to say Football League rather than the FA.

Whoever is involved I doubt whether:

Sven will be around in 18 months time;

the new owners will be involved in five years time.

This is not a criticism - but a comment where football is to-day in terms of short-termism and the detachment of ownership from any connection with community and the club's history. The club like many others has become a vehicle for show casing investors and commercial interests whose main focus is not football.

Still it's better for the supporters than where we were a few years ago when we hadn't got a bean.

Sorry boca I think your wrong the Football League would not have approved the deal unless ALL matters where absolutley spot on, a 'technicality', would have to have been dealt with at that time NOT after the approval.

The technicality was sorted out weeks ago.

Yes, the technicality has been sorted out and the deal has been approved. But the deal was not submitted to the FL at the appropriate stage. Things were not done as the new regulations require; the approval was delayed because of it and the club was at that time in breach. This was clear from MM's responses to questions put to him, although at all times he was sure that approval would be obtained.

Last edited:
I bet it's Gary Glitter, he has connections in the Far East and a wedge of money to invest. I bet it is.

But since the approval M&M has declined to answer any questions about the third member(s) of the consortium, WHY? Surely its not a state secret, the Football League know who it is or are, so does Sven or he wouldn't have come to the club, so again why are the fans being left in the dark ? Don't tell me the bulbs gone out or the switch is faulty!! I think its a terrible way to treat all the fans, as I said earlier 'mushrooms and shite'.

The football league won't necessarily know who it is, if the third member only owns a small percentage.
Interesting. So a person could, hypothetically, own 9.9% of several clubs and not reveal their identity to anyone, yet still be within Football League rules.

Interesting. So a person could, hypothetically, own 9.9% of several clubs and not reveal their identity to anyone, yet still be within Football League rules.

There have been a lot of cases where clubs have been owned (or part owned) by companies based abroad and it's been impossible to find out who the people are behind those companies. Leeds, Notts County and Derby are examples.

But what I said earlier is bollocks. Even if the information isn't published, the Football League now has to be told who is ultimately the owner of the club, even if the information has not been made public.

Last edited:
Perhaps the third member hasn't actually bought in yet? and so won't have been examined?

If anyone buys into the consortium after the approval is given, will the same checks be required?

5 weeks since the takeover was ratified and still no news!!
Milan said we will all know shortly, starting to wonder if we ever will!

I really don't see what difference knowing makes. We will know as and when the club releases the info, which, I daresay, will be when they have no choice.

Knowing who the members of the consortium are is not going to make me any better as a person, nor will it enable me to influence any decisions made by the club. I really don't see what the big fixation people have with knowing who it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669