Confirmed Transfer Leicester City to Premier League

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last sentence made no sense, it's been a long day... Meant something like..

What a fine day. One request for the back-room staff, can they scout out some social posters with flair, the #lcfc pics doing the rounds were mostly from Skybet. Tuesday should be a hashtag feast.. to rival even the most narcissistic Arsenal invincibles that you find over here. An Everton win tomorrow would complete a quite brilliant weekend.

Absolutely fecking brilliant.

To all those bitter Forest and Sheep fans that moaned we had too much coverage on the FLS, well guess what, you can have it all to yourselves next season, because we don't give a shite. :)

dededederrrrdedededede, dededederrdedededede,......... (MOTD theme tune :))

Can anyone recommend any of the Sunday papers with a good write up about our promotion?

Probably :icon_bigg
Just saw it for the first time with City mentioned and twitter goes with trending so jumped in without thinking:icon_bigg

And Everton win big.. I would seriously love them to get 4th... It'll be oh so quiet over here!

Well we are on the list for next season as can be seen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Premier_League

A total of 20 teams will contest the league, including 17 sides from the 2013–14 season and three promoted from the 2013–14 Football League Championship.
As of 5 April 2014, the following teams have mathematically achieved qualification for the 2014–15 season.[2] They are listed below in alphabetical order.
Arsenal
Chelsea
Everton
Leicester City
Liverpool
Manchester City
Manchester United
Southampton
Tottenham Hotspur
We're in good company:icon_cool

Found our while driving down to Hampshire. Couldn't BELIEVE the sense of relief I finally felt when the news was confirmed. Like a massive weight lifted. Ten LONG years of emotion, frustration, heartache, disbelief. My eldest was four, the others weren't even born. So I turned the car stereo up full, sang my heart out and had the odd wobble as I welled up. To all of us who have stuck it out through those long years, I tip my hat to you all, the real football fans. WE ARE Premier League!!!!

Still a bit numb to be honest. Just been on a drive and collected my thoughts. It's been great to see players celebrate as one. People seems forgot that footballers are actually normal. This collection of players really hasn't had a lot of success amongst them.

If someone said describe what promotion means to you. I could write a book and this season alone would be two chapters.

I think back to our last top flight game, it was at Highbury and since being crowned champions that day, Arsenal have won one more trophy. I was 15 years of age and my grandad had a season ticket. I am now 25 years of age and my grandad passed away summer of last year.

I think back to the opening day of this season and sat in a Middlesbrough restaurant attempting to consume a Parmo. All four of us sat at the table were hardly buzzing with excitement. A comeback victory ensure our passions were burning for the season.

I think back to that horrible drive back from Cardiff after seeing us lose a penalty shootout. I rememeber the morning after feeling completely exhausted and haunted. A few weeks later as I was at the cricket when heard the rumours Pearson was off. Annoyed and angered.

I think back to the away days of League 1 breezing past the majority of teams and finally seeing shoots of recovery. It's only now I can take that into context, that was nothing.

I think back to the drive back from a hammering at Portsmouth and Joy division's love will tear us apart was on the radio as I turned it on? As if someone upstairs was having a big laugh. It was a common theme enduring drives where I was pissed off and annoyed. Losing to a ten men Watford under Holloway being another or letting late goals in at the City Ground.

That's only the tip of the iceberg. There were the mundane years of Levein and Kelly, the false dawns led by Milan and Eriksson and then the winless streak last season as a great start turned into dust.

Loads of folk will come out of the woodwork now but they won't appreciate it quite the same. You have to suffer sometimes to learn what success and glory should feel like. It's a privilege, it's not a chore.

Still a bit numb to be honest. Just been on a drive and collected my thoughts. It's been great to see players celebrate as one. People seems forgot that footballers are actually normal. This collection of players really hasn't had a lot of success amongst them.

If someone said describe what promotion means to you. I could write a book and this season alone would be two chapters.

I think back to our last top flight game, it was at Highbury and since being crowned champions that day, Arsenal have won one more trophy. I was 15 years of age and my grandad had a season ticket. I am now 25 years of age and my grandad passed away summer of last year.

I think back to the opening day of this season and sat in a Middlesbrough restaurant attempting to consume a Parmo. All four of us sat at the table were hardly buzzing with excitement. A comeback victory ensure our passions were burning for the season.

I think back to that horrible drive back from Cardiff after seeing us lose a penalty shootout. I rememeber the morning after feeling completely exhausted and haunted. A few weeks later as I was at the cricket when heard the rumours Pearson was off. Annoyed and angered.

I think back to the away days of League 1 breezing past the majority of teams and finally seeing shoots of recovery. It's only now I can take that into context, that was nothing.

I think back to the drive back from a hammering at Portsmouth and Joy division's love will tear us apart was on the radio as I turned it on? As if someone upstairs was having a big laugh. It was a common theme enduring drives where I was pissed off and annoyed. Losing to a ten men Watford under Holloway being another or letting late goals in at the City Ground.

That's only the tip of the iceberg. There were the mundane years of Levein and Kelly, the false dawns led by Milan and Eriksson and then the winless streak last season as a great start turned into dust.

Loads of folk will come out of the woodwork now but they won't appreciate it quite the same. You have to suffer sometimes to learn what success and glory should feel like. It's a privilege, it's not a chore.

Great post!

Re: Leicester City promoted to the Premier League

That's me, Nathan, PDS and that big blubber Hazz at Barnsley last season when I was convinced our Nigel was gonna be booed out the club and another rebuilding was going to start. thank goodness things worked out !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669