Pre Match Leicester City Vs Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skitzo

so what changes do we all think will be made, I assume Huth will replace Hernandez, but what others do you think we will or you want to see?

I'd go
Kasper

Amartey Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Drinkwater Mendy Gray

Okazaki

Vardy​

so what changes do we all think will be made, I assume Huth will replace Hernandez, but what others do you think we will or you want to see?

I'd go
Kasper

Amartey Morgan Huth Fuchs

Mahrez Drinkwater Mendy Gray

Okazaki

Vardy​

You clearly haven't seen Amartey at right back before.

I'd go:

Zieler

Simpson / Huth / Hernandez / Fuchs

Mahrez / Drinkwater / Mendy / Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

You clearly haven't seen Amartey at right back before.
I have, but Simpson has been woeful in pre season and we are short of options there, for a while I thought that could have been a way back for Liam Moore but that hasn't happened

4-1 Leicester. Worthinghton (p), Earle, Weller (2).

Kasper

Hernandez
Huth
Morgan

Mahrez
King
Drinkwater
Mendy
Albrighton

Musa
Vardy

Subs:
Zieler
Okazaki
Gray
Chilwell
Simpson
Ulloa
Amartey

Pack out that midfield with king and Albrighton helping when needed at the back. Drinkwater for his usual puppet master role, Mahrez with his wizadry and Mendy to get forward to support mooosa and vardy.

Schmeichel

Simpson /Morgan / Huth / Fuchs

Mahrez / Drinkwater / Hernandez* / Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

* to be replaced by Paredes if signed in time.

Musa, Gray and Ulloa to be used as impact subs if we are chasing the game with 20 minutes to go.

Okazaki only seems to last about 70 mins anyway before his engine conks out!

Schmeichel

Simpson /Morgan / Huth / Fuchs

Mahrez / Drinkwater / Hernandez* / Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

* to be replaced by Paredes if signed in time.

Musa, Gray and Ulloa to be used as impact subs if we are chasing the game with 20 minutes to go.

Okazaki only seems to last about 70 mins anyway before his engine conks out!

What have you seen from Mendy to assume he'll be a worse option than a centre back out of position, and a player who won't be integrated into the squad even if we sign him?

We have not improved our team at all have we.

Midfield is now pretty weak. I'd settle for someone even half as good as Kante so long as they play that similar role. I don't feel like we have anyone in that mould.

I also wouldn't pick any of the new lads over what we had last season to start. Musa perhaps as an impact sub. So far the best I can muster...

Schmeichel

Simpson
Huth
Wes
Fuchs

Mahrez
Drinkwater
Not King...might even see if Schlupp can charge around winning balls
Albrighton

Vardy
Okazaki

Too early but I don't have good vibes about the guys we have signed.

We have not improved our team at all have we.

Midfield is now pretty weak. I'd settle for someone even half as good as Kante so long as they play that similar role. I don't feel like we have anyone in that mould.

I also wouldn't pick any of the new lads over what we had last season to start. Musa perhaps as an impact sub. So far the best I can muster...

Schmeichel

Simpson
Huth
Wes
Fuchs

Mahrez
Drinkwater
Not King...might even see if Schlupp can charge around winning balls
Albrighton

Vardy
Okazaki

Too early but I don't have good vibes about the guys we have signed.

I actually think the complete opposite. All players take time to adjust and for the team to judge.

Having seen Musa play, I think he's awesome, good positioning, electric speed, and a good finisher.

Hernandez knows how to play the ball well out of defence rather than just hoof it - an alternative to what we already have and therefore might work well just in front of the defence - he made a lot of interceptions last season in La Liga I believe.

Not seen too much of Mendy but seen flashes of good tackling and someone who moves play forward.

Zieler hasn't had much time on, but fine for back up, a little shaky at times, but needs time to get used to the line in front of him.

Kapustka has still got to get to full fitness and start pushing.

Gray and Chilwell will be almost like new signings this season imo - pushing more to get into the team.

We do need another central midfielder though. We need a ball winner, someone with half of the ability of Kante will still be better than no Kante.

I actually forgot about Mendy...pretty embarrassing. Think I would have to play him with Drinkwater being the best option we have in that position.

We've only played one competitive game this season. I'd say it's a bit too easy to judge. There was lots of panic when we only drew at Bournemouth last August...

:) Not panicking. I actually think Saturday could be a blessing and I reckon we will do okay this year. So far though, having watched what we have brought in (and I stress so far), with the exception of Musa as an impact player I don't feel we have improved the team for what we have spent. I want to see a defensive Mid and more quality at the back (right back in particular).

What have you seen from Mendy to assume he'll be a worse option than a centre back out of position, and a player who won't be integrated into the squad even if we sign him?

"Hernandez has built a solid reputation for himself as a ball-playing defender with an excellent ability to read the game."

He is big and strong. (I know Mendy is Kante size. It does mean he has Kante's power and speed.). He also has a huge long throw. Morgan went up into their penalty area every time Hernandez took a throw in. I think that possibly makes him a better choice than Mendy at the moment, when we are trying to stabilise and protect our defenders.

"Hernandez has built a solid reputation for himself as a ball-playing defender with an excellent ability to read the game."

He is big and strong. (I know Mendy is Kante size. It does mean he has Kante's power and speed.). He also has a huge long throw. Morgan went up into their penalty area every time Hernandez took a throw in. I think that possibly makes him a better choice than Mendy at the moment, when we are trying to stabilise and protect our defenders.
Player out of position is seldom a good recipe.

I'm all for playing Hernandez, he does look to be a decent player so far. However it should be in place of Huth or Morgan (my preference), not in a completely different position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669