Leicester/Huddersfield v Wigan FA Cup 5th round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how many TV games in the next round?

Would expect Oldham vs Everton, Man City vs Leeds and Man Utd vs Reading.... would that be it?
There was 5 or 6 games televised this round so I'd expect the same again. I doubt our match will fire the imagination though.

Having seen Wigan play this season at their gaff in the cup against Bournemouth, I can say this is winnable. Although I hope Nigel takes both of these ties a little more seriously than yesterdays game.

Good draw, no doubt some muppets will actually expect us to smash them.

This is a great test for us.

It isn't a bad draw actually.

It's a test, but a winnable test, that will give a good indication of how far away we are from being able to survive in the Premiership should we earn promotion.

Wigan are better away from home than they are at the DW and play some decent football under Martinez, but I see this as an opportunity to progress. I can see City going into this as slight favourites should we beat Huddersfield.

My prediction is we beat Huddersfield in the replay and go on to defeat Wigan. With Luton v Millwall and MK Dons v Barnsley also in the draw, there's a fair chance of us getting a winnable quarter-final and the trip to Wembley that comes with it should we defeat Wigan.

It's all looking very positive.

So if we lose to Wigan, does that mean certain people will start panicking and telling us we're not ready to go up and Pearson needs to be sacked?

So if we lose to Wigan, does that mean certain people will start panicking and telling us we're not ready to go up and Pearson needs to be sacked?
Best sack him now. There are a load of great unemployed managers out there who could do a fantastic job so I'm told. I can't think of any off the top of my head 'tho. Some of the Pea Son out brigade will no doubt be able to enlighten me.

That would be preferential to a draw. Heaven forbid if we draw and NP ever shows his face again.

Best sack him now. There are a load of great unemployed managers out there who could do a fantastic job so I'm told. I can't think of any off the top of my head 'tho. Some of the Pea Son out brigade will no doubt be able to enlighten me.
Perhaps a thread with a list of likely replacements is appropriate. Tom Ince's dad need not apply.

That would be preferential to a draw. Heaven forbid if we draw and NP ever shows his face again.

Another exageration of someones opinion.

There is obviously nothing wrong with anything anyone said on here if people have to go to extremes to make someones opinion look stupid.

Oi, that's my line!

Re the draw though, we should get through the replay ok so good draw for us to have a Premiership test at home. Would have hoped for a more exciting team than Wigan but it is definitely winnable should we go through.

I'm actually hoping it isn't on TV though as it will reduce the attendance and atmosphere and would rather a nice full house on a Saturday 3 o clock for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669