Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot get excited about this potential and ever more likely appointment. I think he'll steady the ship but I don't think we'll go up. I think there will be further substantial financial outlay on players in January, and quite possibly players that we've already waved goodbye to. A guarantee of dreary football for the rest of the campaign. If we do somehow manage to get into the Premier League, we'll be more likely to come straight back down with Pearson in charge as well, no experience in the division and a negative approach isn't a good mix for the Premier League.

I just cannot get excited about this potential and ever more likely appointment. I think he'll steady the ship but I don't think we'll go up. I think there will be further substantial financial outlay on players in January, and quite possibly players that we've already waved goodbye to. A guarantee of dreary football for the rest of the campaign. If we do somehow manage to get into the Premier League, we'll be more likely to come straight back down with Pearson in charge as well, no experience in the division and a negative approach isn't a good mix for the Premier League.

Tony Pulis says differently and out football won't be dreary, certainly no more than it already has been this season under SGE anyway.

Last edited:
Pearson's post-match press conferences will be one of the best things about him coming back. Never understand why people say they are "boring." To me, he is a dead-pan comedy genius. :icon_lol:

Yeah, I always liked them.

My wife is happy about his apparent return. Apparently he looks kind.

Still nothing on Mick McCarthy's though. :icon_lol: Personally, I think McCarthy is funnier than the vast majority of professional comedians.

All this "going back to dreary and dull football" seems a bit odd to me. Has anyone watched us this season?

We've has 6 games this year without scoring and we're just over a quarter of the way in. Under Pearson we had 9/10 in a whole season last time in this league.

Bring on the dreary football if what we're seeing now is good.

Last edited:
Billy Davies' odds are shortening as the afternoon progresses. Interesting. Why would anyone put money on him if, as it appears, Pearson is on his way? Maybe they know something we don't.

**** it, it's a safe appointment I suppose, I'm not overly happy about it but he has proved in the past he can get the best out of players.

If we make any attempt to sign Fryatt I will change my mind.

All this "going back to dreary and dull football" seems a bit odd to me. Has anyone watched us this season?

We've has 6 games this year without scoring and we're just over a quarter of the way in. Under Pearson we had 9/10 in a whole season last time in this league.

Spot on.

When SGE first came in we played some of the best of football I have ever seen Leicester play, but this season we have been really dour. Just passing it out to Konchesky to loft high ball into the box or passing it back to Schmeichel too hoof long balls forward. Pearson's football was always far more exciting than the dreary football we've had to put up with this season.

**** it, it's a safe appointment I suppose, I'm not overly happy about it but he has proved in the past he can get the best out of players.

If we make any attempt to sign Fryatt I will change my mind.

Thing is...if it isn't O'Neill (it isn't) and it isn't Pearson....then things do look rather grim. So I'd be relatively content with Nige.

Thing is...if it isn't O'Neill (it isn't) and it isn't Pearson....then things do look rather grim. So I'd be relatively content with Nige.

Part of the reason I am (slowly) warming to the idea.

I was also seriously underwhelmed when we got him in the 1st time round so I'm looking forward to being proven wrong about my remaining apprehension

Has anyone claimed that the football we have seen this season has been good? I would hope our owners would look for an improvement on the performances that Sven left as a result of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669