Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

1 exception does no disprove the rule

Mick McCarthy, Owen Coyle Paul Lambert and Brendan Rodgers?

Not to mention plenty of others in the past few years: MON, Curbishley, Allardyce, Bruce.

Then there's people who were hired to the PL with only lower league experience rather than getting promoted to it like Moyes.

Simple fact is you have no idea how well he'll do in the PL til he gets there and there is no "recipe" for either success or failure.

Last edited:

Babylon

Has anyone claimed that the football we have seen this season has been good? I would hope our owners would look for an improvement on the performances that Sven left as a result of.
On several sites I've seen people saying we'll be taking a step back and going back to dreary football. So, I would say going back to something means you think you have left left it behind.

Profondo Rosso

Re: Pearson given permission to talk to Leicester

:038: Very happy with this, never thought it would happen though.

Ian Marshall

On several sites I've seen people saying we'll be taking a step back and going back to dreary football. So, I would say going back to something means you think you have left left it behind.

A couple of wins against Derby, both televised, showed fantastic football on both occasions. Both those were under Sven.

Looking at some of the goals from those games, they just would not have been scored under NP. The one touch stuff that led to King's goal vs Derby last season was something of real class and it was a joy to behold. Looking at that, its difficult to fathom how or why Sven lost the plot, but there we are.

Profondo Rosso

A couple of wins against Derby, both televised, showed fantastic football on both occasions. Both those were under Sven.

Looking at some of the goals from those games, they just would not have been scored under NP. The one touch stuff that led to King's goal vs Derby last season was something of real class and it was a joy to behold. Looking at that, its difficult to fathom how or why Sven lost the plot, but there we are.

I remember us scoring a fantastic one touch team goal vs Cheltenham.

Han

He can't have much of a future at Hull now that he has made his feelings so public. It'd be horrible for him if he doesn't actually get the job so he must expect to be in with a good chance.

EDIT: should be in the other thread thanks to Jeff's tinkering...

Last edited:

Ian Marshall

As soon as MON was even mentioned and didn't outright rule it out, my stupid brain was setting me up for a fall.

Han

He can't have much of a future at Hull now that he has made his feelings so public. It'd be horrible for him if he doesn't actually get the job so he must expect to be in with a good chance.

TornadoShaunUK

We can probably forget about that kind of football for some time now. To be fair MON never gave us particularly attractive football but he did bring us our club's most successful period.

I'm not really disappointed with Pearson but I think we could have done better. What's the betting that Pearson comes back, Hull get Davies in to replace and then go and get themselves promoted before us.

fitz

We left it behind for a fair amount of last season, not a clue why Sven chose to be so negative this season though.

Hazzman

You mean both games where we played well for a total approx. of 60 mins. The away game being against a Derby side very low on confidence and looking likely for the drop. As per under Sven, as soon as we played quality....we were not good enough.

Take that in comparison to two very solid televised performances against (at the time) top of the table QPR at Loftus Road (who just beat Derby 5-2 with ease) which was as strong as an away performance in years (including a lovely goal for our first) and then top of the table, Newcastle being lucky to get a point off ten-men Leicester. And to top it off, whilst I saw plenty of 'playoff, first leg' performances under Sven...I never saw a battling performance as the second leg.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670