Leicester Speedway

Status
Not open for further replies.
my dads got loads of old memorabilia autographed in the roof by old speedway riders

i remember my grandad telling me as a kid of how one night a bloke fell off his bike and the bike carried on and went into the crowd!

i remember my grandad telling me as a kid of how one night a bloke fell off his bike and the bike carried on and went into the crowd!

If that happens in b leys you wont ever see the bike again.

Everytime I'm with my Dad and he drives by the Blackbird Road area he goes on about how he and my mum used to go there every week for the racing when they were younger.
I've heard the stories about the Speedway millions of times, hopefully this can now generate some new ones.

Despite the fact I think Speedway is shit.

Everytime I'm with my Dad and he drives by the Blackbird Road area he goes on about how he and my mum used to go there every week for the racing when they were younger.
I've heard the stories about the Speedway millions of times, hopefully this can now generate some new ones.

Despite the fact I think Speedway is shit.

Once upon I time it wasn't but it's very average now. I mean that has a fan of the sport. I went Coventry last week and I was asleep by Heat 9.

Well the planning authority conditionally approved it and reports coming through tonight are that the Councillors passed it without hitch.

Fingers crossed but I won't believe it until it's being built.

Brilliant news well done Hazz.

Hopefully all will be good and I won't have to go Cov Bees anymore.

I used to go to the speedway with my Grandad many moons ago whenever he came to visit or we went to visit him (my family is mostly Geordie :)) when the track was at Blackbird Road. We used to go to lots of tracks but obviously Leicester most as it was the nearest. Along with some of the other posts on this thread, I really remember the smell and noise vividly, it gave you a real buzz as you approached the track.

On another note, for any old school followers of speedway, don't know if you remember Bruce Forrester? He was my brother's football manager and a top bloke and died 3 years ago. He used to be a speedway rider but retired just before I was born. Little article in case you're interested:
http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/4931/091106--Bruce-Forrester.1888767.jp

Only ever went twice once at Blackbird road and once away at Poole. Bizarrely both ended in 39-39 draws

i went to the speedway darts more often when they held them at the Shakespeare pub

Only ever went twice once at Blackbird road and once away at Poole. Bizarrely both ended in 39-39 draws

i went to the speedway darts more often when they held them at the Shakespeare pub

How did that work???

Or was it just darts run by the speedway club

Last edited:
How did that work???

Or was it just darts run by the speedway club

it ran along the same scoring lines as the speedway. 4 players 2 from either side took part in each heat, 3 darts each the highest scorer got 3points the next 2 points with and 1 point for third.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669