Pre Match Leicester v Bournemouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaiSweetChilli

Saturday April 8th, 15:00 GMT
King Power Stadium

Onwards and upwards (hopefully) from the defeat against Villa.

This is the single most important match since we won the FA Cup, some would argue since we won the Premier League.

We need a result and attitude like the first match vs Fore$t earlier this year. Players and fans need to be relentless.

This is the very definition of a six pointer and will all but tell us our future. We won 7 from 9 in The Great Escape, we'll need similar now.

Team? Manager? Where do we start? All I know is that it's squeaky bum time.

Foxes never quit.

Last edited:
Must win. Seriously. Lose this and we really are staring down the barrel.

The big decision from my perspective is wtf do we do up front? Sadly, we're not blessed with options (unless one of the kids is a real gem in waiting) I'd personally go with Daka but honest to dog, it's a roll of the dice. I give him the nod (just) over Vardy in a like-for-like debate, and I feel Nacho just presents us with other selection problems. The age old 'where best to use him' question.

I'd be starting Ricardo, somewhere. He has energy and wants to lead by example. KDH is presumably out so there's the obvious switch. When's Youri back?

Must win. Seriously. Lose this and we really are staring down the barrel.

The big decision from my perspective is wtf do we do up front? Sadly, we're not blessed with options (unless one of the kids is a real gem in waiting) I'd personally go with Daka but honest to dog, it's a roll of the dice. I give him the nod (just) over Vardy in a like-for-like debate, and I feel Nacho just presents us with other selection problems. The age old 'where best to use him' question.

I'd be starting Ricardo, somewhere. He has energy and wants to lead by example. KDH is presumably out so there's the obvious switch. When's Youri back?

I think we need to find a way to play Nacho and either Vardy or Daka in the same team. One up front leaves the striker woefully isolated.

Nacho HAS to play.

I think we'll go for 4-2-3-1

Iversen
Ricardo, Souttar, Faes, Kristiansen
Mendy, Ndidi
Tete, Maddison, Barnes
Nacho

Or they'll put Praet in for KDH and waste Maddison out wide again.

I’m very worried now. We left it too late to make the change. I think we are going to be relegated this season. It never had to happen. That’s the sucker punch.

This is it for me. Lose this, then against Man C, and we’ll not be finding three or four more wins

I don't think this will happen. Kristiansen as a central defender all of a sudden? Ricardo as a midfielder? It looks like some kind of 3-2-3-2 formation, to extent that's a real thing.

It's a 3-4-1-2 or a 3-5-2. The latter doesn't make sense because Barnes would not be a suitable player there. Kristiansen as CB as well is a risk. Not against it otherwise.

I think it also very much depends on individual player instruction.

Okay, lose this and even I will start to worry.... a little.... :oops:

Iversen
Kristiansen
Faes
Souttar
Casagne
Barnes
Maddison
Ndidi
Ricardo
Vardy
Iheanacho

Four ****ing four ****ing two. Get Maddison in the middle. Please.

I don't think this will happen. Kristiansen as a central defender all of a sudden? Ricardo as a midfielder? It looks like some kind of 3-2-3-2 formation, to extent that's a real thing.
For all of Barnes amazing work last night most of the time he crossed the ball the only one in the box was Vardy. 3-5-2 gets our attacking players on the ball and creates chances, Vardy and Nacho will link up together and Nacho also works well with Madders.

Kristiansen is a Risk but either Mendy or Ndidi can shift left to help out, the important part is our midfield does not become over run with huge gaps. I would then look to bring on Praet and Daka around the 70 minute mark to keep up the intensity.

If it is not working then switching out Mendy for Castagne, it would allow us to switch back to a back four and still keep Maddison central. These players are technically better than most of the sides we have played, for me BR inhibited them by only having a single striker, playing Madders on the right removed our ability to move the ball quickly and we lost the option of Madders slipping in players around him.

Those long diagonal balls last night helped pin Villa back however our midfield look stretched, it could be purely down to fitness and it has imo dogged us all season, Ricardo will definitely track back (madders struggled last night) and Barnes did the hard yards last night proving he has the capability to be not only a game changer going forwards but also a team player by tracking back and helping his defence out.

There were some positives to take from last night Ndidi looks to be getting his Mojo back and Barnes literally tore them apart.

It's absolutely essential we win this.

Most important game for the club since the FA Cup final.

It would be nice to have someone in charge that would be proactive on the side lines, make changes to help us win the game, and not just because its the 60th ****ing minute!

Don't worry lads, MON is coming back and bringing Walsheh and Muzzeh in as 1st team coaches.

The lads are said to be well excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570