Match Thread Leicester v Chelsea (FA Cup QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern with the Tielemens/Praet combo is one of pace; neither are the quickest. Against a marauding Chelsea, who like to play quickly, the pair of them will have to have excellent communication to avoid us being caught short if Chelsea break. At least they speak the same language... don't they?

Maddison has "a knock" according to BT Sport
An unspecific knock. Yup - as good a reason as any I could have thought of.

Praet deserves his place today but my worry with him is that he never looks forward. He's not a creative player, more a 'safe pair of feet' and I really can't see with Ndidi, Praet and the current Tielemans we are seeing, where we are going to be in any way imaginative in creating openings.

I think Praet is a creative player, it's just that he's almost always played in a deeper role. Think about his cross field pass at Brentford that got us the key goal. I think we criminally underrate him as a creative player.

I think Praet is a creative player, it's just that he's almost always played in a deeper role. Think about his cross field pass at Brentford that got us the key goal. I think we criminally underrate him as a creative player.
Every single time. I've seen him play, the vast majority of his game has been tidying up and passing the ball backwards or square. He very, very rarely moves the game forward. It may well be to do with where we have played him but until we see otherwise, he hasn't shown that he can be creative enough to provide enough goal scoring chances.

Well I’d have gone with “He’s been absolute wank so far - so ****ing hopeless that we considered playing Matty James in front of the useless twat”
I mean he's been poor but that was vicious, he's not Junior Lewis or Dennis Wise ffs

Abraham hasn’t scored for a while has he.
Stuck a fiver on him getting a hat trick. Make no mistake, we’re getting walloped this afternoon.

Like that team, looks well balanced.

Concerning not having Maddison though, even on the bench. Very limited for attacking options on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566