Pre Match Leicester v FC København

Status
Not open for further replies.
This IS the big game for us - whatever people want to say about the Prem!

A win here and we've made the knockout stage - that's some achievement.

Even though our defence was miserable I'd stick with the same back line - not simpson.

Mahrez in for Schluup.

Slimani in for Vardy

Okazaki in for Musa.

Of course CR will play Jamie - at the moment I'm sort of hoping for a little Vardy injury in training to have him miss a few weeks.

Would like to see Simpson in with Morgan dropping to the bench. Gray in for Schluppy and Shinji and Slimani up front. Don't expect one of those things to happen and we'll go with the most likely options and win comfortably.

Premier league performances risk lowering the morale.

Eventually the mental effect of our shambolic performances will blur into other competitions.

This will be a tough one - I can feasibly see Copenhagen qualifying from the group with us.

Time to drop the under performers - I don't care that they turn it on in the CL, they need to be taught a lesson. Demarai Gray must be wondering what the hell he has to do to get a game.

Schmeichel

Simpson
Hernandez
Huth
Chilwell

Mahrez
Drinkwater
Amartey
Gray

Slimani
Okazaki

Mahrez can produce a game changing bit of magic. Albrighton is good but predictable so can be taken out of the game by the defence.

To stop M<ahrez teams have to use 2 or 3 players, which creates space for us.

I get the feeling the players are more motivated for the CL it wouldnt surprise me if we put on a decent show. I would bring in Okazaki Gray Slimani, we need to find a different formation which will stop us being overan in midfield, provide help for the defence yet still provide chances for the strikers, if we currently dont have the players for say 433 then we should be earmarking them for January. Win this game and we will be close to qualification, a draw would not be a disaster. I think the players will up the tempo to produce a 2-1 win Slimani 2

I'd drop Mahrez before Albrighton.

I'd have said the same a few games ago, but I think that Mahrez has got better recently and Albrighton the reverse.

I'd have said the same a few games ago, but I think that Mahrez has got better recently and Albrighton the reverse.

I think Albrighton has been working his arse off while Mahrez has been scratching his. There's only one of those 2 needs resting IMO.

I think they both have to play and Gray waits his time as sub.

I think they both have to play and Gray waits his time as sub.

I think Gray deserves his chance. He was phenomenal in the cup game and was the only player who looked like he could be arsed at Old Trafford.

I am getting tired at seeing Vardy's new 2.5m lincoln mansion, Vardy's pregame drinking routine, the man Vardy wants to play in his film, signings for Vardy's book.

Get on the training ground and work your socks off with Slimani, Mahrez, musa and the midfield players so that they know how and when you want the ball and you know how they deliver it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

I am getting tired at seeing Vardy's new 2.5m lincoln mansion, Vardy's pregame drinking routine, the man Vardy wants to play in his film, signings for Vardy's book.

Get on the training ground and work your socks off with Slimani, Mahrez, musa and the midfield players so that they know how and when you want the ball and you know how they deliver it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tml?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490
You do know he has already written the book don't you? He's not writing a chapter a week. And he didn't sit down and write that article himself?

Kasper

Simpson
Morgan
Huth
Fuchs

Mahrez
Drinkwater
Almarty
Albrighton

Slimani
Vardy

The Don has limited options. He could drop Morgan but he wont. The only possible switch in defence would be Simpson and Hernandez, Chilwell is no way ready to force a regular starting role in the prem or UCL.

By resting Mahrez on Saturday tells me to expect him, drinky, almarty and one of albrighton or gray but given albrightons work in helping fuchs and being subbed on Sat would suggest he'll get the nod.

Slimani and vards upfront although there is a possible case for musa as vards seems a yard off his game but probably wont be chanced.

I remember reading in preseason about having a genuine choice of two players in each position which is probably the case in attack only with gray, shinji and gray (possibly ulloa and Kapustka, if anyone can find him).

You do know he has already written the book don't you? He's not writing a chapter a week. And he didn't sit down and write that article himself?

I do know that Matt.

You do know that he didn't actually write the book don't you?

Maybe you disagree but I think he's distracted by things outside of football. Don't you think he's the type of guy who will be following his serialisation and it's consequences?

Of course CR will play Jamie - at the moment I'm sort of hoping for a little Vardy injury in training to have him miss a few weeks.

I want everybody fit so that Claudio can pick the side he believes is best.
There were four Leicester strikers on the pitch against Southampton and Vardy was the least bad.

. Demarai Gray must be wondering what the hell he has to do to get a game.

i

Gray knows. Claudio gave him a real rollicking toward the end of the Southampton match. I could not tell at the time what it was about but Claudio was quoted (Mercury I think) as saying he was holding on to the ball too long and not playing for the team.
Gray has great potential but needs time to develop. I am more concerned with another talented young man Daniel Amartey who has been "thrown in the deep end".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566