Pre Match Leicester v FC Porto

Status
Not open for further replies.
it'll be the team that started Saturday barring any injuries, whether that's fair or not is a different matter...

Personally I want to see Hernandez playing with Huth at some point also Gray in for Mahrez with Albrighton on his natural side pinging crosses in for Slimani but there isn't a chance in hell they won't start Tuesday

This place has gone mad!

Pretty much the usual team from last year imo though I think we'll have Slimani in for Okazaki and Gray can't be far off a start after an excellent second half at Old Trafford.

They'll be well up for this no question, so no ****ing around required.

Just cus Yanited dropped the lump of lard doesn't mean everyone else has to drop their captain.
Oi!

I bet Musa is delighted he joined.

Can he play center mid?

I think it will be:

Zieler (isn't Kasper still out?)
Simpson
Huth
Morgan
Fuchs

Mahrez
Amartey
Drinkwater
Gray

Slimani
Vardy

I think in a team that didn't play at all well against United, Gray will be rewarded with a start for his recent performances. Other than that, unchanged assuming Kasper and Mendy aren't back yet

A few people didn't have Slimani in their team. No way he won't play. Big money signing, only played 3 games and did very well in two of them. Is also familiar with playing Porto and has a good record against them!

I'm a bit worried about this one.... Mainly because I'm going and I am still cursed when it comes to seeing us actually win when I go to a game.

However, I've never seen us play in the Champions League before.... So who knows?

It's also the first game at the KP I've had tickets for since my brother died last year, so a weird feeling going to this one (for those who remember, I'd bought tickets for me and him to go to see the Palace game last Jan but the game came after). I'll be visiting his plaque in the rememberance garden at the KP before kick-off so hoping he can watch over us and I can finally see City win in person!!

They'll be well up for this no question, so no ****ing around required.

Well up for this no question? They weren't well up for one of the biggest clubs in the world at one of the best stadiums in English football.

I wish I had your confidence about them being up for this one.

This thread is embarrassing.

People that are giving it the big one about "last season is gone" are at the same time expecting us to play like champions every week.

We scared the absolute shit out of the big clubs last year and they've responded accordingly.

If last season is behind us how come some expect us to perform like champions again?

We will finish comfortably. And, if we give the CL a right go who knows what will happen?

Last edited:
I'm with Miles.

Remember that even with our record signing in the side the whole team cost less than at least one of Man. Utd.'s players.

Get out of the group and don't get embarrassed in the knockout stages combined with a top eight Premier League finish will be a good season.

quite sure Vardy and Mahrez will start this one, both were taken off at half time against Man Utd to preserve them against Porto

Well up for this no question? They weren't well up for one of the biggest clubs in the world at one of the best stadiums in English football.

I wish I had your confidence about them being up for this one.

Of course they'll be up for it.

Can I suggest you change your profile pick. Last year is over you know. ;-)

Cant understand why some think Kasper will be back because i thought he was out for 3 weeks. Zeiler seems an adequate replacement but the understanding/communication with the regular back 4 maybe effected. Armartey too seems an adequate replacement for Mendy yet both players seem subject to criticism, we need the fans backing the team 100% not backstabbing. Im quietly confident we can bounce back from the weekends defeat

3-1 Leicester. McIlmoyle, Keyworth, Wills.

Ah well, looking forward to it. I always love an evening game under the lights, and the fact it's my first ever European Cup game still seems surreal.

It's clear we need to rest players for Southampton. So,

Nieve
Foreman - Barson - Thompson - Woody
Bedford - Dovey - Hasler - Bush
Suggs - Smash

Now let's see someone call that selection madness.

It's clear we need to rest players for Southampton. So,

Nieve
Foreman - Barson - Thompson - Woody
Bedford - Dovey - Hasler - Bush
Suggs - Smash

Now let's see someone call that selection madness.

That's one step beyond reality

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570