Pre Match Leicester v FC Porto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Miles.

Remember that even with our record signing in the side the whole team cost less than at least one of Man. Utd.'s players.

Get out of the group and don't get embarrassed in the knockout stages combined with a top eight Premier League finish will be a good season.
That would be an excellent seeson.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

just saw on the Sky Sports ticker that Mendy has twisted his ankle in training

Whiffs a little. His Mrs had his first child and he missed the Hull game. Then he gets injured in his first appearance and disappears.
Could it be that he has some personal issues and Ranieri is giving him an extended period off?

This game is just what we need. Porto in poor form and a break from the Premier league. A chance to get some confidence back before the Southampton match. Vardy and Mahrez back to their best. Slimani a warrior and Drinkwater to dictate play. Leicester to win 3-1.

There, I've done it.

Whiffs a little. His Mrs had his first child and he missed the Hull game. Then he gets injured in his first appearance and disappears.
Could it be that he has some personal issues and Ranieri is giving him an extended period off?

Ranieri has said it was minor and he expects him to be back in a couple of days.

This game is just what we need. Porto in poor form and a break from the Premier league. A chance to get some confidence back before the Southampton match. Vardy and Mahrez back to their best. Slimani a warrior and Drinkwater to dictate play. Leicester to win 3-1.

There, I've done it.
:eek:

Could you please elaborate this theory because it sounds slightly bonkers now

Could you please elaborate this theory because it sounds slightly bonkers now

It isn't bonkers at all. There are often reasons given for a players absence that are not the actual reason for the absence. Ranieri has admitted he does this, as did Pearson. It is more respectful and better for all concerned if a manager indicates a convenient injury rather than go public with something more personal or difficult. I have no problem with this at all and have done it myself many times as someone that manages people.

I have no information that Mendy didn't turn his ankle yesterday and I hope he did. A more interesting question is why is it becoming increasingly treacherous to offer an opinion round here?

I prefer to use Occam's razor here. A player coming back from an ancle injury, twisting his ancle seems more plausibel than him having personal problems. Especially if that's what the club is saying he has done.

I prefer to use Occam's razor here. A player coming back from an ancle injury, twisting his ancle seems more plausibel than him having personal problems. Especially if that's what the club is saying he has done.
What if his wife pushed him down the stairs and he twisted his ankle like that?

A more interesting question is why is it becoming increasingly treacherous to offer an opinion round here?

We're all getting pissy after that half baked serving of shite on Saturday. Come back with opinions after we've beaten Porto.

We're all getting pissy after that half baked serving of shite on Saturday. Come back with opinions after we've beaten Porto.

BN doesn't care about the Champions League

It isn't bonkers at all. There are often reasons given for a players absence that are not the actual reason for the absence. Ranieri has admitted he does this, as did Pearson. It is more respectful and better for all concerned if a manager indicates a convenient injury rather than go public with something more personal or difficult. I have no problem with this at all and have done it myself many times as someone that manages people.

I have no information that Mendy didn't turn his ankle yesterday and I hope he did. A more interesting question is why is it becoming increasingly treacherous to offer an opinion round here?
I thought it was an interesting but implausible theory so I was just curious to see your reasoning behind it. Still think it's nonsense without even a hint of facts but you're perfectly allowed to state your opinion

I'm a little more interested in it when we play on a Tuesday as it doesn't clash with Bake Off.

The fact that the match hasn't yet sold out suggests that I'm not the only one either.

The fact that the cheapest adult tickets available are £55 may have something to do with it. Those tickets are only available in the family stand, so you have to take a kid with you. The only other tickets are £65 in the East Stand, or £75 in the West Stand.

I came in for a 'little' criticism for advocating widespread changes for our match in Brugge. I still think this was justified and we'd have won with our academy side.

For this match, I think the circumstances are completely different so would play our strongest side.

I came in for a 'little' criticism for advocating widespread changes for our match in Brugge. I still think this was justified and we'd have won with our academy side.

For this match, I think the circumstances are completely different so would play our strongest side.
5000/1 alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570