Pre Match Leicester v Leeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vardy in for Daka, and Maddison in for Albrighton or Ricardo if he’s injured.

It is either Maddison or Tielemans for me when both are on the pitch they get in the way of each other. Albrighton has been really good for us over the past few games and is providing defensive cover as well as getting froward, he is adding more balance to the side than Lookman at the minute, I would look to rotate these two right through to the end of season.

Tough game I pray we start well we have been dog wank in all of our early fixtures maybe it is a mental thing? Will Leeds get the managers bounce I hope not, win the next two games in a row which is achievable will see us looking at a possible top six finish with most of our first team returning to the fold.

I want us to absolutely ****ing smack these.

They are complete shit and anything less than 3 or 4 will be poor

They’ve conceded 60 goals in the Premier League, more than any other club, five more than even Norwich. A third of these were conceded in just five games in February, including fourteen in the space of a week.

Absolute arse, we should kick **** out of these.

Albrighton deserves an extended run on the side. He’s been really good the last few weeks.

Obviously Vardy back in. And I agree with most: drop Tielemans for Maddison. We need to start planning for Youri’s departure and he doesn’t look consistent recently.

With Vardy fit again, we're back to the conundrum of when to play him and when to rest him.

He cannot play two matches a week. Surely even BR now realises this. So we need to pick and choose when he starts.

We could start him in our next three PL matches and rest him for the Rennes games. Or do we really want to try to win that competition? Because if so, Vardy should play in those and be an impact sub for the PL.

Personally, I'd start the same team on Saturday as last night.

Not sure Vardy is as much of a nailed on starter for this as people seem to be saying so far, or whether he should be.

He's been out for quite a while and he's 35. He made a massive impact last night, but was only brought on for the last 20 minutes. You'd imagine that was either the plan for his recovery, or possibly we hadn't even planned to use him for that and had him on the bench just in case and then brought him on because of how the game was set.

He looked very bright and fit last night, but I don't necessarily think he'll be ready to throw in for 90 minutes (or at least the 60 mins we'd want from him if he's starting) for the next game.

The temptation for Brendan to put him in from the start for Leeds might be too strong after he made such a difference last night, but given our injury record and how we've rushed players back, I really hope we don't rush his return.

I'd leave him on the bench, keep Daka in, start Maddison if we can, and then bring Vardy on for the last 30 minutes.

I really want these or Everton relegated so we need to do our bit on Satdee.

I get right ****ed off with teams that let Leeds or Everton win at the minute so don't let it be us.

We didn't start playing until Vardy and Maddison were on the pitch

To not start both would be madness - even though they are complete pony (leeds, that is)

We didn't start playing until Vardy and Maddison were on the pitch

To not start both would be madness - even though they are complete pony (leeds, that is)
Agreed, the whole complexion of the game changed.

They were immense.

Start with both, then sub them if possible.

We should be beating these comfortably but I said that vs Forest.
Start with Vardy and Maddison go hell for leather in the 1st 45 and then take them off.
I hope BR doesn't piss around and end up chasing the game in the last 10/15 minutes, get it done in the 1st half please.

I mean, anyone who couldn't see the marked difference when Maddison and Vardy came on must be trolling.

Any notion of starting the Leeds game without either of them is ****ing wibble of the wibbliest kind, if for no other reason than it'll stop us having to watch Daka perform another impression of an epileptic bluebottle in a blindfold.

Referee: David Coote.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Nick Hopton.
Fourth official: Simon Hooper.
VAR: Jarred Gillett.
Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.

Head-to-head

• Leeds are unbeaten in their last five league games away to Leicester (W2, D3).
  • The Whites won 3-1 at the King Power Stadium last season and have the chance to record back-to-back away league victories against the Foxes for the first time in 40 years.

Leicester City

• Leicester have dropped seven points from winning positions in their last three home league matches (D2, L1).
  • Only two teams have failed to win in four consecutive Premier League home games despite leading in each of those fixtures - Norwich did so in five games between December 2019 and January 2020, while Chelsea did so in four from February to April 1996.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side are vying to win successive top-flight fixtures for the second time this season and can record consecutive clean sheets in the league for the first time in 13 months.
  • This will be Leicester's 300th Premier League home match.
  • Harvey Barnes has scored in all three of his top-flight appearances against Leeds - the only players to have netted in four consecutive Premier League matches against the Whites are Alan Shearer (1992 to 1995) and Thierry Henry (2002 to 2004).
  • Barnes is set to play his 100th Premier League match.
  • Patson Daka has been involved in six goals in his last six appearances at the King Power Stadium in all competitions, scoring five and assisting one.

Leeds United

• Leeds conceded 20 Premier League goals in February, a record for any side in a single month.
  • They have conceded at least twice in the opening 45 minutes in each of their last five Premier League games, a record by any side in the division.
  • The Whites have let in 40 goals in their past 12 league matches, including 24 in their last six away fixtures.
  • If Leeds suffer a fifth consecutive defeat it would be their longest losing streak in the top flight since a six-match sequence between December 2003 and February 2004.
  • Including caretakers, six of the last seven managers to take charge of Leeds in the Premier League have lost their first game in the competition.

Sounds like both Ricardo and Maddison are out due to injury (hamstring and back).

Oh, and Vardy will start.

“We've got a couple of issues with Ricardo and James Maddison and whether they will be ready for the game or whether we will have to wait for next week. James’ run of form has been great. Ricky has been troubled by setbacks. We’ll give it every chance. James has a problem with his lower back."
We will actually never reach the fabled time of having a fully fit, or almost fully fit, squad - will we?

We will actually never reach the fabled time of having a fully fit, or almost fully fit, squad - will we?
This question is rhetorical - isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4595
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570