Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like this will be the line up.

Schmeichel
Albrighton Amartey Soyuncu Thomas
Ndidi
Lookman Tielemans Dewsbury-H Barnes
Vardy

Any news on when Castagne will be back? His problem sounded like a weird one where they weren't too sure on timescales.

Or Justin (again)?

Any news on when Castagne will be back? His problem sounded like a weird one where they weren't too sure on timescales.

Or Justin (again)?
Three weeks innit?

Justin back in training so hopefully not too long.

We’re never going to achieve anything with the state of our shambolic medical department. Rip the ****er up and start again.

Obviously that might not be the team, I take it he’s a reliable source though.

Why on earth would you not, as the home team, play the same XI that finished the Burnley game? With the exception on Tielemans in for Maddison… Why drag Choudhury out of the cold to play in a back three? I’d be confused as **** if I were Lookman.

Sounds like both Ricardo and Maddison are out due to injury (hamstring and back).

Oh, and Vardy will start.
****ing hell our team is riddled with fragile players.

If Maddison can never go a decent spell without these niggling injuries then he'll not reach the top of the game or play for England much.

Obviously that might not be the team, I take it he’s a reliable source though.

Why on earth would you not, as the home team, play the same XI that finished the Burnley game? With the exception on Tielemans in for Maddison… Why drag Choudhury out of the cold to play in a back three? I’d be confused as **** if I were Lookman.
Changing system to negate these useless wankers

Proper Rodgers

Changing system to negate these useless wankers

Proper Rodgers

I have no idea why anyone would think that leaked line up means we're changing system. It's two changes from the side that started at Burnley - Choudhury in for Ricardo at right back and Vardy starting instead of Daka.

Same system, same formation. Maddison is injured and nobody else is fit who would come in. So what's the problem?

One aside on Choudhury at right back.

I've advocated that as his best position for several years. I remember saying it on here a couple of years ago and getting lots of rather mean responses.

He's never going to make it as a central midfielder. He's just not quick thinking enough and his passing isn't any good under pressure. The reason people think he did well in that Watford match as a central defender was because he had time and space to make simple passes and simple decisions.

At right back, he has the advantages of having more time on the ball, more space to play and he can do his aggressive chasing around too.

Having said all this, he's absolutely not good enough for our side and we're only resorting to him because we're missing three right backs and two other players that can do a better job there are needed elsewhere in the team.

I assumed it was a 3-5-2 as well

Will see later

I assumed it was a 3-5-2 as well

Will see later
If it is Choudhury at right back I suppose it means we can bring Lookman off the bench and have at least one mildly competent creative player to sub on.

It would once again say a lot about Vestergaard if Rodgers would rather play Choudhury at right back instead of moving Amartey across or not have him in his three starting CBs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566