Pre Match Leicester v Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully Cannon will get his big chance here. Enzo has a very particular set of requirements for his players, up front is the only area he's not recruited for so far but in every other position he seems to have signed excellent players who fit his system to a tee. I'm really excited to see what a striker picked out for this system will do

Hopefully Cannon will get his big chance here. Enzo has a very particular set of requirements for his players, up front is the only area he's not recruited for so far but in every other position he seems to have signed excellent players who fit his system to a tee. I'm really excited to see what a striker picked out for this system will do
I’d like to see what he can do for us. The goals he scored for Preston seemed to be different kinds of finish. We need that. The ability to make something out of even a half chance or a set piece would really make a difference… of course like every other striker we have, it would still be good to make some chances for them. We seem to be good in the last few games at passing it around, but not making much of note by way of clear cut chances.

I’d like to see what he can do for us. The goals he scored for Preston seemed to be different kinds of finish. We need that. The ability to make something out of even a half chance or a set piece would really make a difference… of course like every other striker we have, it would still be good to make some chances for them. We seem to be good in the last few games at passing it around, but not making much of note by way of clear cut chances.
Really?
We’ve made enough chances to win all our games
Our finishing has been piss poor

0.8 xG against Middlesbrough. 0.65 against Leeds.

We've not created enough clear chances even in the games we've won.

Our possession does not translate into enough actual creativity. Plan A is to get the ball wide. And that's just about it.

It's a hiding to nothing being a striker in this system at the moment. They are expected to contribute to the build up and are largely alone in the area when a winger puts a ball in.

There is a lot we can do to improve this and I'm increasingly surprised as the matches go by that, if anything, we're getting worse at it.

We look sensational in the centre circle mind.

We’ve become a bit ponderous in attack in the last few matches - in the final third, we’re going sideways and low risk, rather thank as we did against Preston where we sliced through them down the middle with incisive passing.

We’ve become a bit ponderous in attack in the last few matches - in the final third, we’re going sideways and low risk, rather thank as we did against Preston where we sliced through them down the middle with incisive passing.
I think this is purely down to injuries.

This game seems years away. Loads of pointless international yawnfests to get through before it. Thank **** there aren't any more for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566