Pre Match Leicester v Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dread to think how much we'll miss him tbh.
I think we have missed Ndidi big time and he has now proven he can play two roles at this level. Not sure who fulfils Winks role the only player I have seen who can pass a ball like that was Braybrook and he is very unproven and injured.

Really?
We’ve made enough chances to win all our games
Our finishing has been piss poor
Yeah. I feel like we have recently been trying to make something from half chances and scraps. There hasn’t been enough created for forwards. It must be the loneliest position on the field for us at the moment.

Possibly teams know now how to set up against us to frustrate our game? I can’t see any harm in mixing things up a bit. I don’t think abandon the style, but adapt it to put teams back in their box when we have to. If teams are going to press high, we don’t have to always play through the midfield. We mixed it up a bit against Sunderland and I thought it was effective.

Having a system doesn’t mean you stick rigidly to it. Sometimes you have to adapt so that you give your opponent something to think about. Invariably they then change how they set themselves up and it gives you more space to play your preferred system.

A case in point was having Vardy on for 5 minutes chasing a goal and then not playing to his strengths. At that stage there really was nothing to lose, but we didn’t try anything new to affect the game.

I obviously don’t want to abandon what has got us here, but it needs to be something that can be tweaked when we need to.

I think/hope we see this as an opportunity to try something different.

We can't rely on the same system for every game, particularly if/when we get promoted.

You can play different ways within the same system, but sometimes you do also need a different shape to find another way.

Fülöp
MacAuley
N’Gotty
Clarke
Kisnorbo
Sheehan
Clemence
Wesolowski
Campbell
de Vries
Hume

Watford are unbeaten in their last six games. This won’t be as easy a game as it seems some think it will.

This is going to be my first game since Spurs or Arsenal last season, I can’t remember which came first. Easily the longest time I’ve gone without visiting the KP and the first game in 20 odd years in a different seat, going to be a strange experience.

The ticket will be a birthday treat and I’ll be quite pissed by 3pm though so I’ll sound asleep by quarter past as Snide Pep and the boys do their thing.

This is going to be my first game since Spurs or Arsenal last season, I can’t remember which came first. Easily the longest time I’ve gone without visiting the KP and the first game in 20 odd years in a different seat, going to be a strange experience.

The ticket will be a birthday treat and I’ll be quite pissed by 3pm though so I’ll sound asleep by quarter past as Snide Pep and the boys do their thing.
Remember to leave your seat at 35 minutes to buy shit beer and also leave on 75 minutes onwards to fit in.

Watford are unbeaten in their last six games. This won’t be as easy a game as it seems some think it will.

I doubt anyone thinks it'll be easy after we've just lost to Middlesbrough. Just enjoy joining the bants and declare we'll bum them to death or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669