Leyton Orient - Sat 20th Sept 2008 - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have managed to find 1 pleb to join us, so there is room for 1 more. If anyone is interested, I am aiming to leave Leicester at approx 11am and return about 6pm. The cost would £17.15 plus tube. You won't have to stay with us in London if you wanted to make your own plans, or you will be welcome to follow us to the ground via one or two pubs. The only thing you will need to do for sure is be on the train we depart and return on.

im more than up for that but need some way of gettin off work for that day :/ may also need a season ticket holder to grab me a ticket :icon_wink

Just seen the state of the away end. Has a Selhurst Pk look about it.

End? We've got the whole of a side - the old main stand, opposite the new main stand which looks a bit like a block of offices with seats in the front. Add that to the blocks of flats in each corner and it's a really odd looking ground.

End? We've got the whole of a side - the old main stand, opposite the new main stand which looks a bit like a block of offices with seats in the front. Add that to the blocks of flats in each corner and it's a really odd looking ground.

the East stand looks a crock, and the new main stand is described rather well by yourself. as for the blocks of flats, for the money brought in to help fund rebuilding the stands I think is great, its a good idea to bring in funding from such things instead of going in full steam to build stands that you can't afford like some other clubs I can think of. really looking forward to this one and will be in the Birkbeck before and possibly after the game if anyone wishes to buy me a pint :icon_bigg

This is the stand we're in:

Brisbane%20Road%209.jpg

Last edited:
How do you know if your in the upper or lower part of the stand my ticket just says row N? if it's just on tier the back of the ticket is a bit misleading. Also a friend of mine tells me there are no cash points on Leyton high street so take plenty of cash!

It's the old Main Stand that was built in the 60s - definitely single tier.

How can you tell that just from looking at that picture? :icon_lol:

You can see the back wall if you look closely enough. Rows A-E are in that front section.

The London Branch will be boozing before and after the game at The Birkbeck Tavern, 45 Longthorne Road, E11 4HL. More info and map at www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/34/3403/Birkbeck_Tavern/Leyton

Just been recommend this place off a Wolves fan.

I quote from his comments - I asked about parking in the area but a QPR fan said it wasn't the best of areas.

Yes and no really. There's roads around the ground that you could find a spot in, but you probably wouldn't want to considering it isn't really the nicest area! There's a retail park/ASDA about 10 minutes walk away with lots of spaces. It's not shown on maps as it's new, but keep going down Leyton High Road, passing the ground on the right, then it's just before the tube station on the opposite side bordered by the A12 and railway lines. You'd need to turn off into one of the side streets before the A12 bridge to get to it.

Alternatively, if you want a cracking pub to go in, then we went in the Birkbeck Tavern. If you're looking at a map, then again look at the tube station and just to the east it's on the corner of Langthorne Road and North Birkbeck Road. It's a home pub, but there were some away fans in there with colours and it's not the sort of place I can see you getting trouble. Plenty of real ales on if you like that, fairly cheap for London and loads of street parking around there as well. About 15 minutes walk to the ground from there.

There’s always go to the champagne bar at St Pancras

haha, the other half told me that existed and I didn't believe her until we were down for the Fulham game......if ever a business was set up to cater for ***** then that is it

haha, the other half told me that existed and I didn't believe her until we were down for the Fulham game......if ever a business was set up to cater for ***** then that is it

You mean rich ***** - it's a minimum £7.50 a glass!

Should do well in London then. Do they sell Stela?

No. But they'll do you a freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice for £3.95 if you ask them nicely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570