Lineker v The BBC

"an accidental haiku"..... I like that. That's given me something to think about until the women kick off.

"an accidental haiku"..... I like that. That's given me something to think about until the women kick off.
Was it meant by him?
Coincidence or perhaps
Just awful grammar

Well, I’ve just caught this up. Rich B Rich B what happened here buddy - I don’t think we realised you were that backwards…

You can’t be argued with here. Pigeon playing Chess

If Lineker wasn't ex Leicester would you lot be so vociferous in your support of his actions.
He works for the BBC and he knows they have an impartiality policy ( yes yes I know they are hypocritical twats) and he does nowt else other than be anti government espousing his left wing views.

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech but with complying with his employers policy.
If he wants to post what he does then fine. Absolutely no problem. Just resign from the BBC.
It has everything to do with freedom of speech, do you think the front pages of the press would have been calling for him to be sacked if Lineker had supported the government’s plans.

Although there are times when it just makes me spit out my drink.

BN what is your point here do you disagree with Peter Hitchens points? when you look at the far right and the far left they are so closely aligned it is scary, the gap is virtually indistinguishable, both end up doing what he has laid down in his article.

Gary Lineker is a narcistic hypocrite, all he had to do was come out and state it was his opinion and not in any way endorsed by the BBC. He could have also come out and thanked his supporters namely Wright and Shearer and stressed they did not have to put their jobs on the line for the sake of his opinion.

Instead he is happy for everyone to wave the banner for him and possibly see the end of a programme that has been running for generations, it is sad to see the conflict and yelling both sides on this. Still at least no one is talking about the big geo political issues that are about to cause financial and security devastation.

I do not agree with linekers opinion but he should absolutely be able to air it, he knows exactly what he is doing here and has taken absolutely no responsibility for what he stated. Can someone explain how he has made the link to the UK being like Nazi Germany in 1939, genuinely I would love someone to show me where I am missing the salient points that link the two together!

Is it Nazis you’re unfamiliar with, or current Tory rhetoric?
provide the link please spell it out? you are inferring that the Tory government are acting like the Nazi Party of 1933-1945. That is a pretty severe accusation to make and certainly not one you can assert via a glib sentence like that.

Can someone explain how he has made the link to the UK being like Nazi Germany in 1939, genuinely I would love someone to show me where I am missing the salient points that link the two together!

He’s not said that at all - that is what the Tory party and the Daily Mail are saying that he has said, and apparently what thick ****wits like you think is what is happening

What he did say is that the LANGUAGE being used about the boats and illegal immigrants (invasion and vilification of nationalities e.g. Albanians etc.) is akin to the LANGUAGE being used in Germany in the 30s about other races and nationalities - which of course it is

The only people that keeping mentioning Nazis are the spazzes that are free speech champions and anti cancel culture warriors that are now try to cancel someone by deliberately misrepresentating someone freely stating their own opinion.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663