Man City in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHYDAL

Saw this on another forum:

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive. He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June). Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control. The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow. Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he wilol have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am p*ssed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk. I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Dunno how true it is but...

Paul Aldridge will be very happy he left us.

:icon_wink

Who cares anyway, not me thats for sure!

I wouldnt say that i care, but they are one of the few top flight clubs that i actually like. They have imo good supporters and do not have the arrogance that the likes of certain other big name clubs.
The real Manchester fans football team.

Im sure this Thaksin bloke is as dodgy as they come, but to have his assets frozen sounds excruciatingly painful, barbaric behaviour IMHO

Without some first team players, but will probably go out in the next leg.

Hughes should have stayed where he was for a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566