Man City in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy day for them

Bought out by a man who has 'multiples' of Roman's wealth.

Then they smash the British transfer record for Robinho! I think the big 4 might have someone to worry about in the next couple of seasons!

It has turned the league into a bit of a joke though - only teams with massive wealth are going to survive. If/when we ever get there we'll have no chance.

Crazy day for them

Bought out by a man who has 'multiples' of Roman's wealth.

Then they smash the British transfer record for Robinho! I think the big 4 might have someone to worry about in the next couple of seasons!

It has turned the league into a bit of a joke though - only teams with massive wealth are going to survive. If/when we ever get there we'll have no chance.

I agree with the top part, but the bit in bold I don't think will be the case. There are only 4/5 teams with fantastic wealth at the minute (and QPR when they get there) so the rest of the division will just fight it out. It will affect European qualification I guess.

I agree with the top part, but the bit in bold I don't think will be the case. There are only 4/5 teams with fantastic wealth at the minute (and QPR when they get there) so the rest of the division will just fight it out. It will affect European qualification I guess.

There are only 4/5 teams at the moment. The rate at which clubs are being snapped up is scary.

I the last 2/3/4 years all of these have been bought for 'mega-bucks':

Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Sunderland (? They've definitly spent well!). QPR to be added to that in the near future.

Our Milan isn't really in their league IMO.

Last edited:
There are only 4/5 teams at the moment. The rate at which clubs are being snapped up is scary.

Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, West Ham, Villa, Newcastle, Portsmouth, Sunderland (? They've definitly spent well!). QPR to be added to that in the near future.

Well they can't ALL win a trophy!

The news about Man City brings the 'bubble bursting day' forward or more likely in the short term the new European Super League.

That's why when he gets a club to where they should be ,ie the prem he sells up and moves on

I hope a european super league does dome into existence. I'm all for getting rid of the super rich and foreign stars and back to a more British based league. Still even then it's unlikely.

I have little interest in the Prem these days and even less in the Arsski's of the league.

Anyone else think it's funny that after Robinho was moaning about not being allowed to join the club he wanted to go to(Chelsea) he's snubbed them to go to Man City?

And now according to Chelsea they are considering sueing the player because they had a verbal agreement and had already had shirts printed with his name on(despite not having had their bid accepted by Real or being allowed to speak to the player?)

:icon_lol:

The big clubs are all as bad as each other, them, Real, Man Utd, all bullying their way to get what they want. At least sometimes they get egg on their faces.

Anyone else think it's funny that after Robinho was moaning about not being allowed to join the club he wanted to go to(Chelsea) he's snubbed them to go to Man City?

And now according to Chelsea they are considering sueing the player because they had a verbal agreement and had already had shirts printed with his name on(despite not having had their bid accepted by Real or being allowed to speak to the player?)

:icon_lol:

The big clubs are all as bad as each other, them, Real, Man Utd, all bullying their way to get what they want. At least sometimes they get egg on their faces.

My mate will be pleased to hear sueing is an option - he got a Keane Spurs shirt two weeks before he left.

Last edited:
Not fans, the club.

tbh I don't see how Chelsea can do anything seeing as they weren't given permission. And the shirt thing is quite funny, assuming they'd get a player just because they've offered shedloads of money!

Didn't Chelsea come out a day or two ago and issue a statement claiming that the shirt printing thing was the responsibility and error of a third party retailer?

Edit: Found it on their OS:

'There is nothing wrong with publicly confirming our interest in a player when the club involved is well aware of it, has been in receipt of two bids and is negotiating to sell the player. So we completely refute any criticism from Real Madrid.

'As for the issue regarding the website, Real are well aware this was a regrettable accident by an external supplier which was rectified as soon as it was brought to our attention and not a single shirt was sold.'

The website issue was the display of shirts with the players name on the back.

Shot themselves in the foot I think.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced a company would accidently print loads of shirts with a players name on the back who they don't actually own.

I hate Chelsea

It's hilarious how Chelsea have been screwed over by Man City, shame the same didn't happen to Man Utd. I hate SAF with a passion, he's a fecking bellend. He thinks it's one rule for him and one rule for another. He has just done with Berbatov what Madrid tried to do with Ronaldo, yet it's perfectly ok for him to do it apparently.

It's hilarious how Chelsea have been screwed over by Man City, shame the same didn't happen to Man Utd. I hate SAF with a passion, he's a fecking bellend. He thinks it's one rule for him and one rule for another. He has just done with Berbatov what Madrid tried to do with Ronaldo, yet it's perfectly ok for him to do it apparently.

Yep, it really, really pisses me off.

Blatent tapping up from Man Utd... Sky Sports even had video of Ferguson and Gill taking Berbatov round Old Trafford while Spurs were still saying they weren't allowed to talk to him!

And yet, in the end United have made a deal where as part of the transfer, Spurs had to agree to drop their complaint to the Premier League. It's an utter disgrace, and the Premier League should surely just step in and punish them anyway.

What United did with Berbatov is worse than Madrid did with Ronaldo.

Would've absolutely loved it if Man City had managed to grab Robinho AND Berbatov last minute!

Last edited:
The new man in charge (whatever his name is) has said in The Guardian today that Man City will be trying to sign Cristiano Ronaldo in January!

Quoted as saying Ronaldo wants to play for the biggest team in the world, we'll test that in January... expected to make an offer of around £135m! Don't think he realises that all his money doesn't make them instantly the biggest club in the world. Can you imagine Utd selling Ronaldo to City? No, neither can I... not for all the money in the world.

Manure fan at work today moaned that ' its not right ' that some super rich buyer has taken over at Man City.
I enjoyed reminding him its tough tits, and that they dont like the idea that a sub-serviant club have now more potential power than them. It was o.k for them to be top dogs for all those years, whilst other clubs could not compete with them.

Accordign to SSN, Man City are set to bid 135million for Ronaldo in January, 135 ****ing million! :icon_eek:

Theyre also after Fernando Torres and Fabregas apparently, though none will go until Man City are in the champions league i suspect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669