Post Match Manchester United 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank **** we don't still have Cambiasso otherwise it would have been 72-0.

if he replaced Drinky then quite possibly.

Context. Last season this game produced 1 point. Today none. So we are 1 point down. However Kante would not have given Ibrahamovitz and Pogba that level of respect. We must protect our defence better so we need 3 in the middle, so Slimani takes the Rooney role or Gray starts.

We need Camberwell's tracker.

Jus wondering. How many points did we get from those two fixtures last year?

1 point. But at some point we have to stop referring back to last season. In terms on onfield performances last seasons results are completely irrelevant.

Yes, your pregame "hex" on the opposition is failing miserably.
It is and so is our defence and midfield.
Change of shape required away from home. Midfield reinforcement and absolute must in January. Thankfully we still should have enough to stay up.

1 point. But at some point we have to stop referring back to last season. In terms on onfield performances last seasons results are completely irrelevant.

Do you think we're going to win the league this season then?

First visit to OT. Nice looking stadium and not too expensive (by football standards). Shockingly poor atmosphere from the home fans and they all looked miserable walking out of the stadium. Strange people.

I enjoyed 'champions of league one, you'll never sing that'.

Other than the 20 mins when we let in 4 I didn't think we looked that bad (honestly!). Drinky was great. Tactics from Claudio at HT were correct (but I might have taken off Slim rather than Vardy if it wasn't for the CL). Ref was poor. Zieler should have done better for the first but not at fault for the rest.

At 0-0 I thought we looked dangerous. Man U fans in the pub agreed we were the better team.

What followed before half time is some of the worst defending of set pieces I've seen from Leicester. Horrific.

Glad we tightened up the second. Really enjoyed Gray's goal and celebrated it like a match winner, perhaps because I was in such a foul mood.

It is and so is our defence and midfield.
Change of shape required away from home. Midfield reinforcement and absolute must in January. Thankfully we still should have enough to stay up.

We still haven't seen Mendy in action.

We need reinforcement in defence more than midfield IMO, midfield just needs an adjustment against some teams away from home. I like what I've seen from Mendy here in France and I like the potential in Amartey. If we can get a great midfielder then I agree but I'm much more worried about RB where we have only Simpson who isn't really that reliable and our 3 other defenders are getting old. Hernandez cannot play RB and 2 CB positions in the same game. By this time next year we're going to need replacements for Morgan and Huth.

I also agree with you that we have enough to stay up. We are easily better than 10 or 12 teams in the league.

So why are you crying?

We look good enough for a top half finish and a getting to the knockout stages of the CL.
I'm not crying but I'm also not ok and am never going to accost that kind of a performance.

One point I've not seen anyone mention.

Today's defeat was essentially about us failing to defend corners.

The ref was Mike Dean who infamously will give a penalty for any contact in the area.

Our defenders were exceptional at defending corners last season largely because they fouled and man-handled opponents all over the place.

Could be the defence were determined not to foul in the area and the result is that they actually are pretty awful at defending without fouling.

How many times has this defence played together? Once? Twice?

The defence as a whole was terrible but the corners were down to being disorganized not being frightened of touching the attackers.

Players didn't know what they were supposed to be doing.

Anyway, Leicester defends from the front. I think it was not playing Shinji that cost us the match.

He needs to start next to Drinky as DM.

I'd sooner give away a penalty than let somebody score an easy header.
I keep forgetting about Mendy. Fingers crossed he is the real deal.

One point I've not seen anyone mention.

Today's defeat was essentially about us failing to defend corners.

The ref was Mike Dean who infamously will give a penalty for any contact in the area.

Our defenders were exceptional at defending corners last season largely because they fouled and man-handled opponents all over the place.

Could be the defence were determined not to foul in the area and the result is that they actually are pretty awful at defending without fouling.

I did think that but haven't referees already given up on the fouling on corners thing?

So you think I was generous there. I thought he ran forward a few times and certainly I saw him come back at least once.

Perhaps he should have a 4.5 but he did a lot more than Jeff today. The corner flag moved more than him.

Just seems odd that the one player gets a 5 for not bothering and another gets a 2 when he's brought on with nothing to play for. Wouldn't argue if both were given a 2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566