Post Match Manchester United 4 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the thing that annoyes me the most is the opportunity missed this season. Even after 6 league games it is obvious that although we're a good side we haven't got the hungry to challenge again or even push for top 4.

We've not strengthen in the areas we needed to most. Namely central midfield and defence. Why we haven't bought a pacey center back I'll never know.

Fuchs, Huth, Vardy, Mehrez and Amartey were all so poor today.

If they have the Champions League on there minds they should be dropped. Problem bring of course that we can't drop most of the first choice defence as there is (for me anyway) very little confidence in their back ups.

What a shame. Back to the norm.

It's pretty easy to critisize others when you post nothing yourself.

I'm just giving my opinion, when you grow a pair you can give your grades on the players and let's see if everyone agrees with you.

For me 5 is just below average on the 1 - 10 scale I use. For most of the game each individual player did okay - except Jeff of course. I can understand you and others seeing it differently, shame all you've said is that they were crap (paraphrasing)
"When you grow a pair"? Tits? Alex likes them.

Anyone who thinks Amartey isn't way out of his depth against good teams is silly.. no protection of the defence, no passing of note, losing Mata all the time, utter shambles...

Our defenders were exceptional at defending corners last season largely because they fouled and man-handled opponents all over the place.

Could be the defence were determined not to foul in the area and the result is that they actually are pretty awful at defending without fouling.

If you can't hold someone, knock them over, pull on their shirt, or their hair - how are you supposed to defend corners? Answers on a postcard to LCFC, King Power Stadium, etc

They nicked one of our best players. Now we are shit without him and they are still shit with him. ****ers! Out of all the top sides this year only Man City look relatively solid in all areas...

Christ, if winning every single game so far is only 'relatively' solid, what constitutes 'solid' solid?!

Anyone who thinks Amartey isn't way out of his depth against good teams is silly.. no protection of the defence, no passing of note, losing Mata all the time, utter shambles...

Correct, but I think we have seen some very good signs from him. He can clearly do it against the lower teams, and he's only 21(?) so plenty of time to learn the nuances.
I like Amartey, I think he will develop into a good player for us.

Reality check for me, last season we were unbelievable whilst the big 5 or 6 clubs were equally inconsistent and poor, this season has been a huge leveller, we have lost Kante a player whose energy allowed us to play 4-4-2 in any match, now without him we need to tweak and refine our tactics and formation in away games against the big 6, also with the exception of Drinkwater I would say all our players are 5-10 % below the performance levels of last season.

Last season was a one off, we will not repeat or be anywhere near repeating the amazing achievement of winning the league, but I also believe we will be nowhere near the relegation scrap. I think we will finish top ten and we might challenge top 6 if we can sort out our tactics when we play away from home.

Yes, the amazing success of last season was always likely to be followed by a down to earth fall.

If we could qualify to the later stages of the CL and get a top 10 finish in the PL this would be an excellent in the longer term consolidation of the club. Kante is a huge loss but the reasons for the poor away results are probably more complex. CR has a difficult task in changing the tactics/ formation for the very difficult away games but it needs to be done. I guess you can only approach these games by prioritising having a better shield in front of the defence.

The CL gives a great opportunity to get back our mojo - then carry it forward to league games.

Reactions: FIF
I was there, I was embarrassed by our half arsed players.

It seems to me that certain players have decided that last season was the pinacle and players that had huge hearts have had them removed.

We were shambolic at the back, my Sunday league team would have torn strips out of each other for the absolute schoolboy defending on show by some of our experienced players.

Vardy doesn't seem interested in making truly decent runs and Ranieri hopefully dropped him at half time rather than saved him, attitude has changed in a bad way.

Ranieri gets the lowest score of the day for yet again going away against a top team and playing 2 in the middle, ****ing absurdity Claudio.

I don't care if we get beat by these sides, but I have a major issue with being utterly ****ing embarrassed every other week.

If we substitute Norwich and Villa for the corresponding fixtures last season for the Hull and Burnley games, then we we have 7 points this season and 8 points last season.

So in terms of results it is not bad on a like for like comparison.

Obviously what is worrying is how fragile our defence appears this season.

I do not accept that Ziegel in for Schmeichel at the moment is a significant effect, but the loss of the protection from Kante, and maybe Huth and Morgan being robbed of being allowed to pull shirts, hair and generally stop forwards from jumping at corners is having a big effect.

I am sure Claudio will work out a plan to adapt our play. I think the spirit is still there. Huth and the whole team laughed when he skyed his close in shot yesterday. So I think they still care and want to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669