Mandaric Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
You seem to be talking about Don Mackay.

I don't recognise your version of events though.

My recollection of the secret unofficial version of why Don Mackay was sacked is precisely the nature of the current Police investigation - MM suspected that Mackay might be linked to dodgy dealings and did not want that associated with LCFC. In the end the Police came and arrested MM anyway because he had been chairman at the time!

Are you saying that the authorities should turn a blind eye to football's dodgy deals because football people are not real villains?

It just seems to me that whilst the FA has put in place arcane regulations on transfers which is in disparity with the overall culture of the game.

For instance, how dodgy was the FA itself in panicking over reports of Sven and Chelsea and smothering him with millions of pounds - even after he left the job?

How dodgy was the FA in mismanaging the last England coach appointment; giving an inferiour post holder a four years contract and having to splash out millions to him in severencewhen the chickens came home to roost?

It's all shades of grey - Prem teams field weakened sides against other fashionable Prem teams threatened by relegation costing another club mega millions; referees consistently give favourable decisions to the 'big' teams especially when they are at home. How dodgy is that?

Let's face it - football is a bit of a jungle and I suppose reflects real life.

I just think that it is inappropriate to try to single out particular individuals when so much other rubbish goes on.

There is no doubt in my mind that MM brought in more than just N'Gotty...Allen had nothing to do with at least 12 of the signings in the Summer (by his own admittance). The only other person who could have been responsible is Don MacKay. His short spell at the club is completely shrouded in mystery... There must have been dialogue between MM and a myriad of Agent's around the world. No doubt that some would have been legit and some a bit dodgy.
QUOTE]

My recollection of the secret unofficial version of why Don Mackay was sacked is precisely the nature of the current Police investigation - MM suspected that Mackay might be linked to dodgy dealings and did not want that associated with LCFC. In the end the Police came and arrested MM anyway because he had been chairman at the time!

Yes agree with you both; and as I said Mackay was pressing for signings of yet more people... & MM smelled a rat considering how obviously talentless were the ones already brought in & the fact that Mackay was recommending more to join them... who happened to be players who were under an agent who was his best friend. I think MM sussed that the motive for signing people was influenced by who their agent was - and where 'kick-backs' and payolla were in prospect for the intermediaries.

Finally it is indeed intriguing where Brown Nose says

"Question is, if MM is smart with his money (as all indications suggest he is) why was he prepared to pay large sums in Agent's fees in order to recruit totally unknown and unproven players? How does MM benefit from this?Murky.

I can only deduce that as many/all the players were on free transfers MM thought that even with agents fees they constituted a bargain.

But we all know, sometimes it pays to pay that bit more for quality. The MM blue print, as seen at Pompey, is to sign a lot of 32+ players on free transfers in the hope that one or two still have some gass left in the tank to bring you success. That's why he wanted Hasslebank and Fowler (mistakes) and why he got in N'Gotty (a success). Given the alternative for signing quality younger guys not on free transfers is £2m plus you can understand MM's strategy from his point of view, given it is he - not the club - who ultimately have to pay when the debts are called in. But I agree it is all very murky and unseemly. We've had MA2 is this going to end up as La Manga2? As bungs are at the heart of it this could well be dubbed La Bunga.

Last edited by a moderator:
It just seems to me that whilst the FA has put in place arcane regulations on transfers which is in disparity with the overall culture of the game.

For instance, how dodgy was the FA itself in panicking over reports of Sven and Chelsea and smothering him with millions of pounds - even after he left the job?

How dodgy was the FA in mismanaging the last England coach appointment; giving an inferiour post holder a four years contract and having to splash out millions to him in severencewhen the chickens came home to roost?

It's all shades of grey - Prem teams field weakened sides against other fashionable Prem teams threatened by relegation costing another club mega millions; referees consistently give favourable decisions to the 'big' teams especially when they are at home. How dodgy is that?

Let's face it - football is a bit of a jungle and I suppose reflects real life.

I just think that it is inappropriate to try to single out particular individuals when so much other rubbish goes on.

I have to agree with most of what you say, I am also constantly angered by the game and the people within it.

However dodgy financial dealings (white collar crime as it is often labelled), when proven, have to be punished.

Why is it that football appears to be the only profession where agents take a separate fee. All other areas the agent tales a slice or percentage from the player's/actor's/singer's etc fees/salary. If the player thinks his agent is taking too much he finds another agent!

No need to be personal and a prick about it
I wasn't being "personal" I was simply stating my position that you are being a bit of a drama queen about something you know nothing about. If you choose to take this as some kind of personal slight then that is up to you but I feel that calling someone a "prick" is a damn sight more personal.

Let me know if you need any help collecting your toys and I'll go see if a teacher is free.

I wasn't being "personal" I was simply stating my position that you are being a bit of a drama queen about something you know nothing about. If you choose to take this as some kind of personal slight then that is up to you but I feel that calling someone a "prick" is a damn sight more personal.

Let me know if you need any help collecting your toys and I'll go see if a teacher is free.

I'm not taking it personally in any way. I am just cross about it and I believe rightfully so. It is not like I am losing sleep over the whole thing.

It is your response to my posts that has been highly personal. As this is a forum I thought the whole idea was to express an opinion. Whilst overreacting may not 'come naturally to you' it is clear that being a prick does as evidenced by your last response.

Yes that's right & the fact that most of the Stevens enquiry centred around Portsmouth transfers is all to do with Mackay at Boro too :bang:
:018:

Of course you aren't.

I'm not. And I find it strange that you are so stimulated by my opinion that you feel a need to draw continual attention to it.

I'd also be interested to know how you are privvy to my emotional response to the subject. I am actually all things considered not too fussed. Should I decide to use a smily to express that fact that the situation is irritating I will... they do not actually mean I have gone red faced and am contemplating decking someone. This is the internet mate not a real life discussion.

I just find the situation to be a dissapointing one and quite serious as money laundering allegations can be. I am sorry if you do not, and I am sorry if you have decided that my opinion is clearly something you feel the need to attempt to score points over.

I can assure you that it has not worked and I am not bothered even remotely by what you think. Perhaps someone who spends so much time beatifully crafting such an avatar is the one overly obsessed with the subject matter.

Unfortunately I am not.

Last edited:
FFS Silver what did that actually mean :102::icon_bigg . Stop it anyway the pair of you or i will clip both your ears :018: :056:

Its better than eastenders on here some times ...................only thing missing is a real fight

here we i feel better now :023:

CDB75DDC-C3A6-B7B5-EE82EAFFE1958735.jpg

Why is it that football appears to be the only profession where agents take a separate fee. All other areas the agent tales a slice or percentage from the player's/actor's/singer's etc fees/salary. If the player thinks his agent is taking too much he finds another agent!

Yes - the system is wrong.

It also leads to the agents receiving obscene amounts of money disproportionate to the actual services. This in itself creates a climate for dodgy dealing and no doubt contempt for anyone outside this murky set up.

If the FA and FIFA had any sense and the capacity they would put a stop to the present system.

Yes that's right & the fact that most of the Stevens enquiry centred around Portsmouth transfers is all to do with Mackay at Boro too :bang:
:018:

The Steves enquiry refused to "sign off" 17 transfers involving various agents; including Zahavi, Allardyce and Silkman, and various clubs; including Chelsea, Pompey, Newcastle, Bolton and Boro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669