Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Re: Never a dull moment at LCFC.....

Shamlessly nicked from FT:

DA CRIMINAL MAN - Anagram from Milan Mandaric

:icon_lol:

Steven

Re: Miland Mandaric Arrested!!

Please remember that all suspects are "innocent until proven guilty". :icon_wink

andy15

Yep they were talking about it on ssn a few minutes ago:icon_conf

foxin_oz

So I guess Portsmouth will be needing a new manager??? :icon_conf

And how are we going to pay all those players without our dirty money. This is going to get ugly. :icon_roll

bocadillo

Water Gypsy

Please remember that all suspects are "innocent until proven guilty". :icon_wink

Not quite - there is a presumption of innocence before guilt is proved, but that is not the same thing.

Hazzman

So I guess Portsmouth will be needing a new manager??? :icon_conf

And how are we going to pay all those players without our dirty money. This is going to get ugly. :icon_roll

Didn't really get ugly for the Chimbonda case did it?

He was arrested and let off relatively scot free.

GazLCFC

Re: Never a dull moment at LCFC..... - Milan Mandaric arrested

I know this is only the start of things but where would we stand if MMs(financial) assets are frozen (cue Willy Warmer Jokes)Will we have a transfer embargo put on us.

andy15

Apparently its rare for people to be punished in these kind of cases.

fitz

suspected money laundering? i'm sure its not that rare in all honesty

alex

Surely this would have been looked at during MMs purchase of LCFC?

I think they're after Redknapp in all honesty, and perhaps need to interview all those around him while at Pompey.

highland fox

I know this is only the start of things but where would we stand if MMs(financial) assets are frozen (cue Willy Warmer Jokes)Will we have a transfer embargo put on us.

I fail to see how or why LCFC should be punished for something that happened when MM was at another Club.Besides it has to be proven yet and would expect Mandaric to have some very knowledgable legal people around him

four king power

Surely this would have been looked at during MMs purchase of LCFC?

I think they're after Redknapp in all honesty, and perhaps need to interview all those around him while at Pompey.

Im not sure the police would be allowed to do a dawn raid on MM if all they wanted was a quick chat about Harry

Mr Perez

If it's to do with false accounting surely it has fcuk all to do with anyone else other than Mandaric and his financial team. Even then it depends whether he actually knew anything about whatever the discrepancy happens to be. Unless they can actually prove he gave specific instructions to other parties to fabricate the accounts he could get away with it. He may have to pay a fine or something but we’ve seen these cases before whereby everyone walks away uncharged but only their reputation damaged.

Last edited:

Mouse

Well we wouldn't be able to spend money that has been 'frozen' surely. However given some of the signings we've made since Milan arrived a transfer embargo is more of a reward.

Red Cap Fox

Are you sure? I do this stuff for a living and am here to tell you that, following a conviction for most Money Laundering offences, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 gives courts the power to confiscate any assets which the subject cannot prove are legitimate.

Trust me, if he is found to be crooked he'll be left standing in his Filbert Fox boxer shorts.

It's probably something and nothing tho'....................

four king power

Are you sure? I do this stuff for a living and am here to tell you that, following a conviction for most Money Laundering offences, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 gives courts the power to confiscate any assets which the subject cannot prove are legitimate.

Trust me, if he is found to be crooked he'll be left standing in his Filbert Fox boxer shorts.
It's probably something and nothing tho'....................

You strip old men down to their boxer shorts for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669