Mandaric Arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Never a dull moment at LCFC..... - Milan Mandaric arrested

suspected money laundering? i'm sure its not that rare in all honesty

Are you sure? I do this stuff for a living and am here to tell you that, following a conviction for most Money Laundering offences, the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002 gives courts the power to confiscate any assets which the subject cannot prove are legitimate.

Money laundering?
I haven't seen money laundering being mentioned anywhere else. :102:

Well we wouldn't be able to spend money that has been 'frozen' surely. However given some of the signings we've made since Milan arrived a transfer embargo is more of a reward.

But why? Milan pumps money into LCFC and that money becomes LCFC's. It's no longer Mr.Mandaric's, why should our assets be frozen? To add Mr.Mandaric is not the sole owner of the club or neither did he buy the club with all his own money - so I fail to see where we would come into it.

He doesn't have money earmarked for City - it's two seperate accounts, two seperate companies. The Police would hold Mr.Mandaric accused, not LCFC. Basically, Mr.Mandaric and his own personal stock is in question here not Leicester City FC. Apart from his initial purchase and his initial investment, the current running of the club isn't coming out of his pocket. It's coming from the club.

I fail to see how or why LCFC should be punished for something that happened when MM was at another Club.Besides it has to be proven yet and would expect Mandaric to have some very knowledgable legal people around him

But it would obviously affect the club if the owner would be found guilty. He hasn't yet though, let's hope it stays that way.

Money laundering?
I haven't seen money laundering being mentioned anywhere else. :102:

on the news they said it was not in relation to transfer bung scandals but is down to money laundering

But why? Milan pumps money into LCFC and that money becomes LCFC's. It's no longer Mr.Mandaric's, why should our assets be frozen? To add Mr.Mandaric is not the sole owner of the club or neither did he buy the club with all his own money - so I fail to see where we would come into it.

He doesn't have money earmarked for City - it's two seperate accounts, two seperate companies. The Police would hold Mr.Mandaric accused, not LCFC. Basically, Mr.Mandaric and his own personal stock is in question here not Leicester City FC. Apart from his initial purchase and his initial investment, the current running of the club isn't coming out of his pocket. It's coming from the club.

Not if its monopoly money:icon_conf

He;s increased the wage bill massively. We won't be able to pay for this with the current income the club is making, thie extra cash will be coming from loans to the club. If that money is due to come from MM, we could be in trouble if his assets are frozen.
But this is all speculation, we don't know what, if anything, he's been accused of doing.

I was told yesterday what company has suffered the highest increase of money laundering in the last five years?

Any takers?

Go on Hazz, enlighten us.

He;s increased the wage bill massively. We won't be able to pay for this with the current income the club is making, thie extra cash will be coming from loans to the club. If that money is due to come from MM, we could be in trouble if his assets are frozen.
But this is all speculation, we don't know what, if anything, he's been accused of doing.

As previously seen I haven't got a flamming clue with this kind of stuff but the point stands that Leicester City is a limited company thereby different from Mr.Mandaric and his associated money which is the very thing in the spotlight here.

Question if anyone knows if MM is putting a substanial amount into the club to pay for the running? Would that covered by his initial investiments or would/is he indirectly paying week by week, month by month?

Anyways, it's up in the air and the instance with Chimbonda went nowhere.

Go on Hazz, enlighten us.

Ladbrokes - they have introduced betting machine where you stuff the notes in, thieves stick dirty notes in them on a race and then 10 minutes before they go back to the machine and cancel the bet. Rather than being given back the money in the machines - they receive a ticket which they claim over the account for their money back. Ladbrokes have machines of dirty money and each year lose millions.

As previously seen I haven't got a flamming clue with this kind of stuff but the point stands that Leicester City is a limited company thereby different from Mr.Mandaric and his associated money which is the very thing in the spotlight here.

Question if anyone knows if MM is putting a substanial amount into the club to pay for the running? Would that covered by his initial investiments or would/is he indirectly paying week by week, month by month?

Anyways, it's up in the air and the instance with Chimbonda went nowhere.

That's the issue isn't it, if he is then we have a problem, if not then you're right. But either way we'd be a bit ****ed if he was found guilty of anything.

However i expect this to blow over relatively quickly and for nothing to happen anyway.

bet Holloway is pi55ed off. He wanted some dosh for some transfers in Jan, and that could go all tits up

this club is like a sit com. Execpt it isnt at all funny

Very few sitcoms are.

Funny, I mean.

on the news they said it was not in relation to transfer bung scandals but is down to money laundering

Hasn't been any mention of it in any the news reports I've seen.

this club is like a sit com. Execpt it isnt at all funny
It's like a good old fashioned farce, with a bit of slapstick thrown in.

If anything does happen to MM and his money, it's a good job we didn't completely piss off all our previous investors during the takeov..... oh, shit!!! :icon_eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669