Mandaric to Sheffield Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

fosseboy83

His interview on SSN about the take over was exactly the same as the one when he took over pompey and us.

ps whose the new honey on SSN last night?

Isopen

Didn't they all lose 90 per cent of their money?

£5.76 million
plus a few of the shareholders did put in a small additional amounts to fund specific things (not as shares), which they didn't get back either.

Be interesting to compare this with Milan's net figure

ndchester

oh sod it, lets just stay in the dark like mushrooms and ignore all the owner s**t. At the end of the day MM is gone and the team are starting to play better and move up the league.

I for one will enjoy the ride while i keep my head firmly in the sand. Its out of our control so when we pay over the odds for players and crack into the prem im just gonna enjoy it. These times dont last long before the inevtable bubble bursts, sven fecks off and we all start attacking anyone who looks Thai!

Miles Away

Did anyone shit in his back seat this morning as a parting gift?

Lamey was what I heard.

Last edited:

Dour

Just seen this in the Mockery

He acknowledged that he had sold it for £40m. But he said that it had cost him £25m to get into the club and that he had spent £26m on it. He added: "That is £51m, so you tell me, where's the other £11m?"

Utterly baffling. Is the MOF really believing his own fibs now or just assuming that everyone else is stupid?

However, the £26 million may be worth looking at. This is presumably how much extra debt he ladled on to the club in the form of loans. If those loans are still outstanding the club debt will be £45-50 million plus whatever King Power and crew have added on.

Ike O'Noclassed

Utterly baffling. Is the MOF really believing his own fibs now or just assuming that everyone else is stupid?

Though I'm rapidly losing the will to live keeping up with the MOF's creative accounting, it seems to me that the £25m it "cost" him to buy LCFC is almost entirely the amount supposedly owed to the Teachers Union to buy back the ground. Eventually the idea that a club like ours should actually own the freehold on the place they play in just becomes a quaint folk memory (like we owned Filbo for 120 years).

I could imagine the scenario where in these times of depressed commercial property prices, the club could sell Belvoir Drive and take back the Walkers at a fire sale price - but I wouldn't want MM to get fresh ideas of making a killing at our expense.

That would leave whatever part of the £26m extra investment he wrote off if he only transferred a part of this debt to King Power - even if it's only a few mill off his £40m I'd have more respect than this nonsense he's spouting about putting in £50m.

Last edited:

Motown Fox

Milan's new team took a hell of a beating tonight.

I'm in my car waiting for my feet to thaw out before driving home. Dreaming of Wembley again...

Were there many Wednesday fans there Jeff?
Cos they will have a hell of a journey back and may have to abandon their cars if their route home involve any hilly area thats not a major road. South Yorkshire
is covered in about foot & half of snow.
I was out working until nearly 7 and in my village there's a junction where 3 of the roads lead off into hills. The number of cars getting stuck was quite astonishing in the space of about 20 minutes. Some were abandoned including a double decker bus and a HGV stuck halfway up one of the hills.

My daugher in Rotherham for Panto (with Darren Day) has not got home as buses cancelled so staying at home of other cast member.

It's still snowing and drifting and there's more to come. Not be going anywhere in the car tomorrow methinks.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Were there many Wednesday fans there Jeff?
Cos they will have a hell of a journey back and may have to abandon their cars if their route home involve any hilly area thats not a major road.

About 600, impressive turnout considering the conditions.

It was snowing quite heavily not long after the match finished, the M6 would have been pretty bad through the hills on the way back.

Macky

Gruntled Member
My daugher in Rotherham for Panto (with Darren Day) has not got home as buses cancelled so staying at home of other cast member.

So, your daughter was due a performance with this Darren Day fellow, but couldn't make it back to his home because of the weather, so they're all having a bunk up at somebody else's place?

Thanks for sharing

Motown Fox

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
NO not me gonna be a grandad before my time!!

He stays at some swanky hotel in Rotherham(yes there is such a thing). My daughter's staying with another female dancer.

Not sure how you got the idea it was so sordid Macky.

Chrysalis

Didn't they all lose 90 per cent of their money?

so the answer would be they got the club for 7 million? did they invest further after that?

if no MM has put more real non loan cash into the club then they did.

would the selling shareholders have preffered a deal where they got 100% back but it came out of the 9mill investment?

curious if their personal wealth came ahead of the club.

end of the day MM did a better job at marketing the club, the previous lot made it known they were desperate and crucially were unable/unwilling to cover losses which in turn devalued the club, owing money to a bank devalues the club as well. MM had the club in the playoffs following a promotion which will have added value. If they didnt want to lose 90% on the shares they would have been better dipping into their pockets to fund a promotion push and then sell right after that push.

Last edited:

Chrysalis

£5.76 million
plus a few of the shareholders did put in a small additional amounts to fund specific things (not as shares), which they didn't get back either.

Be interesting to compare this with Milan's net figure

thanks this is what I am curious about as well.

Steven

Imodium? :102:

Macky

Gruntled Member
"I've shit meself!" - Gary Lineker, 11/6/90

[YOUTUBE]9t_8pfbCH-4[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696