Martin Allen finally explains what happened at City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any grrrrmmmmpffs around to share their point of view on this subject?

A wonderful passage. Not just "bizarre and nonsensical" but "utterly" so. But it is not "at best".
"Pandering some kind of archaic status quo of societal structure" is even better. Walking stick and arthritis be damned; the grumpy old man still causes mischief.

Yes she does have what Profondo would probably call "a splendid frontage". :)
And bless Homer too.

Nice backhanded ad hominem.

Yup, if that's what someone asked me to call them, I really don't see what the problem is with respecting their wish

Thank you Brown Nose for the Guardian article. What a jolly little paper it is; though it would be better if it would put scantily clad ladies on its Page Three.

It is too easy to dismiss The Guardian as simply a Football paper. Its comment section is a frequent source of amusement and I will certainly enjoy using Mx .

The only title I use seriously is Dr in the medical sense. Titles can be divisive - is a clergyman who is Very Reverend more devout than one who is Right Reverend. I liked Sir Bobby Robson's phrase "Just call me Bobby." I usually say "Mr Gwilliam was my father. Call me David."

The only title I use seriously is Dr in the medical sense.
Thereby disregarding doctorates in other fields for no obvious reason, as well as military ranks and the like.
Titles can be divisive - is a clergyman who is Very Reverend more devout than one who is Right Reverend.
I expect it is up to each individual's level of delusion / indoctrination.
I liked Sir Bobby Robson's phrase "Just call me Bobby."
Revolutionary, what with that being his name and all...
I usually say "Mr Gwilliam was my father. Call me David."
As you wish, Mx Gwilliam!

So you respect Bobby Charlton when he says "call me Bobby", but not Ms AN Other when she asks you to stop calling her Mrs?

Jeff - Please can you change my username to 'M17TT C Bsc (Hons)'

Thank you please :)

Thereby disregarding doctorates in other fields for no obvious reason, as well as military ranks and the like.

Revolutionary, what with that being his name and all...

So you respect Bobby Charlton when he says "call me Bobby", but not Ms AN Other when she asks you to stop calling her Mrs?

There is a reason why I do not use doctorates in other fields. The general public tend to think of doctors as medical experts. My experience is that Ph.ds in the 1950s and 60s used the title doctor; more recent ones do not tend to use that title.

Your comment on the armed forces is pertinent. If I was in the armed forces then I would respect military rank. Outside it is divisive and I use first names.

BM your comment on "Call me Bobby" is very 21st century. Bobby Robson was 20th century and would have grown up at a time when people used Mr and youngsters did not use adults first names.

On JBs question (is it a question or an attack?) people usually introduce themselves or are introduced. My experience with feminists is that they are usually introduced by their first name and I have worked amicably with them. .

I cannot help feeling JB that your posts have degenerated from merely wanting an explanation which I was happy to do. Either way from my point of view the thread is long past its sell by date .

Thank you to M17 for bringing in some sanity.

No problem Davie G.

One nickname I have is The Voice of Reason.......

The first part of it was the most revealing to me.All that garbage about stamping your personality on things,pointless cosmetic changes that have **** all to do with anything etc,Shows how much in thrall he was/is(?) to that shitehawk management consultant twat who trailed around after him pretending to matter.Everything about it just reeks of the complete shite those witless cretins come out with.You really do have to be as thick as pig shit & as gullible as a 5 year old to fall for any of it.Following that kind of advice gets you precisely where Allen is.At the arse end.Long may he remain there.We've moved on & should forget that Allen (& Mandaric for that matter) ever existed.

I'm still trying to purge 'Arry ****ing Bassett from my memory though so these things aren't easy.

The first part of it was the most revealing to me.All that garbage about stamping your personality on things,pointless cosmetic changes that have **** all to do with anything etc,Shows how much in thrall he was/is(?) to that shitehawk management consultant twat who trailed around after him pretending to matter.Everything about it just reeks of the complete shite those witless cretins come out with.You really do have to be as thick as pig shit & as gullible as a 5 year old to fall for any of it.Following that kind of advice gets you precisely where Allen is.At the arse end.Long may he remain there.We've moved on & should forget that Allen (& Mandaric for that matter) ever existed.

I'm still trying to purge 'Arry ****ing Bassett from my memory though so these things aren't easy.

Would it help if I posted you a packet of Bassett's liquorice Allsorts for you to eat, thus removing them from your mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669