Massa Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Looked nasty at the time even while that pillock Legard was trying to work out why there were skid marks over the track.

Latest reports suggest he might make a full recovery but perosnally I'd be amazed. They brought him out of his induced coma this morning.

Heard a rumour today that Alonso could drive for Ferrari in Valencia as Massa's replacement (Renault have been suspended from the race)

Looked nasty at the time even while that pillock Legard was trying to work out why there were skid marks over the track.

Latest reports suggest he might make a full recovery but perosnally I'd be amazed. They brought him out of his induced coma this morning.

Heard a rumour today that Alonso could drive for Ferrari in Valencia as Massa's replacement (Renault have been suspended from the race)

Hmmm Would make sense for Alonso if he has already signed a pre-contract to go there next season anyway.

Id be surprised to see Massa back in an F1 car again but you never know and good luck to him.

Schumacher in his place for the rest of the season?

Hmmm Would make sense for Alonso if he has already signed a pre-contract to go there next season anyway.

Id be surprised to see Massa back in an F1 car again but you never know and good luck to him.

Schumacher in his place for the rest of the season?

Well Ferrari do have 2 reserve drivers in Marc Gene and Luca Badoer but I just get the feeling they won't want to use either. They can't win anything this season realistically so I can see something of a publicity stunt in the wings.

Well Ferrari do have 2 reserve drivers in Marc Gene and Luca Badoer but I just get the feeling they won't want to use either. They can't win anything this season realistically so I can see something of a publicity stunt in the wings.

Latest news is that massa has lost some of the sight in his left eye so doesn't look promising for a return.

Excuse my ignorance but why is this?

Latest news is that massa has lost some of the sight in his left eye so doesn't look promising for a return.

Where did you hear this? At the last press call last night his doc said they had no idea if the eye was damaged or not as Massa couldnt open it currently

Because they released Alonso from the pit stop knowing that his wheel was not properly attached and because they failed to alert Alonso to the fact.

The team received a 1 race ban for releasing Alonso from the pit box knowing he had a loose wheel. The wheel susequently came off around a lap later.

A loose wheel killed Henry Surtees last week and what with the Massa injury too they've dished out sturn punishment.

What is annoying me is all the media hype about how dangerous F1 is. I know the Massa accident was horrible and hopefully he will make a full recovery, but it was just a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is no way they could have stopped this happening and to suggest that new safety rules need to be brought in is over the top IMO.

There is no way they could have stopped this happening and to suggest that new safety rules need to be brought in is over the top IMO.

Yes they could, they should never have sent Alonso out with a loose wheel, it's something that should not be happening and in the end this lapse attitude could have killed someone.

When the teams act in an appropraite manor F1 is not a dangerous sport, but some teams need to be mothered and shown how to act responsibly and safely.

Yes they could, they should never have sent Alonso out with a loose wheel, it's something that should not be happening and in the end this lapse attitude could have killed someone.

When the teams act in an appropraite manor F1 is not a dangerous sport, but some teams need to be mothered and shown how to act responsibly and safely.

Alonso's wheel had nothing to with Massa's accident, it wasn't even on the same day.

Alonso's wheel had nothing to with Massa's accident, it wasn't even on the same day.

Lako just likes to disagree with me, it doesn't matter if his argument doesnt make sense:icon_wink:icon_lol:

The Alonso incident obviously was avoidable and IMO he has to take some of the blame. He knew that there was something wrong with the wheel and should have pulled off the track. Even when the wheel came off he still insisted on driving back to the pits

I never said it did, the point still stands that being lapse towards such aspects of the sport is what makes it dangerous at times.

These things obviously need to be addressed.

Lako just likes to disagree with me, it doesn't matter if his argument doesnt make sense:icon_wink:icon_lol:

It's not my fault your wrong quite often ;)

I never said it did, the point still stands that being lapse towards such aspects of the sport is what makes it dangerous at times.

These things obviously need to be addressed.

Well Brawn acted in a responsible manor yet due to a part failiure Massa got hit in the head, how is that not dangerous?

Isn't Motor Racing dangerous anyway ?

Yes which is why the drivers get paid loads of cash. Obviously if things can be introduced to improve safety then they should be, but the Massa incident was a freak accident and IMO could not have been stopped no matter what regulations are in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669