Massa Injured

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it's not.

:icon_roll FFS Lako you dont have to argue with everything I say.

Are you suggesting that the dangerous nature of F1 has no affect on drivers salaries?

I still can't see Alonson not driving in his home GP. The loss of revenue would be huge.

As I have already said IMO he was equally to blame for the incident on Sunday and if the team is banned then he should also be banned.

Are you suggesting that the dangerous nature of F1 has no affect on drivers salaries?

The top drivers get paid what they do for the same reason as the top footballers, boxers, etc.

There's a lot of money in F1 so the best drivers get lots of money.

Other forms of motorsports are just as dangerous, but the money isn't there so the drivers don't get paid anywhere near as much.

:icon_roll FFS Lako you dont have to argue with everything I say.

Not everything, the comment you made was wrong, simple, please see the below for a good response on why.

The top drivers get paid what they do for the same reason as the top footballers, boxers, etc.

There's a lot of money in F1 so the best drivers get lots of money.

Other forms of motorsports are just as dangerous, but the money isn't there so the drivers don't get paid anywhere near as much.

Not everything, the comment you made was wrong, simple, please see the below for a good response on why.

Do you not think that football and boxer salaries are affected by the potential injury the sport can cause. Obviously there is a smaller chance of a truly life threatening injury in football, but neverless there is always the aspect that a "game" could be a players last and this is reflected in the salaries these sports can ask for.

I'm not saying that the danger aspect is the major factor in F1 salaries, but I am sure it is considered by both the driver and teams.

ConFirmed Schumi to replace Massa until end of season. I bet Ferraris reserve drivers are delighted.

I think he is a cheating Kraut who would happily crash into his mum if she was trying to overtake him. However, it will be interesting to see how he does in the races especially as he wont have the best car like he did for most of his career

I think he is a cheating Kraut who would happily crash into his mum if she was trying to overtake him. However, it will be interesting to see how he does in the races especially as he wont have the best car like he did for most of his career

He didn't have the best car when he first won the World championship with Benneton.

He didn't have the best car when he first won the World championship with Benneton.

Which is why i put MOST of his career :icon_roll

Out of interest was that the season that he won because he crashed into Damon Hill delibrately?

Last edited:
Which is why i put MOST of his career :icon_roll

Out of interest was that the season that he won because he crashed into Damon Hill delibrately?

I don't know, but he won the championship twice with Benetton, in 1994 and 1995, at a time when Williams were generally regarded as the best cars (they won in 1992, 1993, 1996 and 1997), followed by McClaren.

He moved to Ferrari at a time when they had long been in the doldrums, not having won the championship for 16 years. He spent four years out of the recknoning, closely co-operating with the engineers building the car with which he was eventually able to win 5 successive titles from 2000-2004.

I never particularly liked Schumacher, and agree his behavious was questionable at times, nor am I a Ferrari supporter, but to sneer at his remarkable achievements is, I think, crass.

I don't know, but he won the championship twice with Benetton, in 1994 and 1995, at a time when Williams were generally regarded as the best cars (they won in 1992, 1993, 1996 and 1997), followed by McClaren.

He moved to Ferrari at a time when they had long been in the doldrums, not having won the championship for 16 years. He spent four years out of the recknoning, closely co-operating with the engineers building the car with which he was eventually able to win 5 successive titles from 2000-2004.

I never particularly liked Schumacher, and agree his behavious was questionable at times, nor am I a Ferrari supporter, but to sneer at his remarkable achievements is, I think, crass.

Who said I was sneering? I merely pointed out it would be interesting to see how he did in car that is someway off the leading cars. Without doubt Schumacher's record is impressive, but he has always been in a car that has been up near the top. Which you would expect from the top driver of his time.

However, this season we have seen that Ferrari is off the pace and although they getting closer to the front they are still behind Red Bull and Brawn. I think it will be interesting to see if Schumacher will continue the point scoring positions of Kimi and Massa are be able to use his knowledge and skill to get the Ferarri up to the front and challenging for the win.

Who said I was sneering? I merely pointed out it would be interesting to see how he did in car that is someway off the leading cars. Without doubt Schumacher's record is impressive, but he has always been in a car that has been up near the top. Which you would expect from the top driver of his time.

However, this season we have seen that Ferrari is off the pace and although they getting closer to the front they are still behind Red Bull and Brawn. I think it will be interesting to see if Schumacher will continue the point scoring positions of Kimi and Massa are be able to use his knowledge and skill to get the Ferarri up to the front and challenging for the win.

My point was that for at least the first 8 years of his career (1991-1999) he did not have the best car. However, I agree it is going to be interesting. I was cynical at first but now think he could be competitive. He looks like a guy who takes care of himself, and the timing is right, giving him a month to prepare. It will be intersting to see how he competes with Raikonen, who has finally reagained his competitiveness. Ferarri cannot win the world championship but I'm sure they will want to maximise Kimi's points haul, so team orders are likely to come into play. I'm sure Barichello will enjoy seeing Schumacher coasting up to the finishing line and waiting for Raikonen to overtake him!

My point was that for at least the first 8 years of his career (1991-1999) he did not have the best car. However, I agree it is going to be interesting. I was cynical at first but now think he could be competitive. He looks like a guy who takes care of himself, and the timing is right, giving him a month to prepare. It will be intersting to see how he competes with Raikonen, who has finally reagained his competitiveness. Ferarri cannot win the world championship but I'm sure they will want to maximise Kimi's points haul, so team orders are likely to come into play. I'm sure Barichello will enjoy seeing Schumacher coasting up to the finishing line and waiting for Raikonen to overtake him!

With Kimi most likely on his way out of Ferrari at the end of the year and with a relatively low points haul so far it wouldn't suprise me to see Ferrari back Schumi for the rest of the season.

This is just another twist in a really exciting season though. With McLaren and Ferrari back challenging in the last race, and even Alonso on pole, it was going to be a fascinating end to the season as the Brawn/Red Bull race carried on amongst all that.

Now Schumacher v Hamilton v Button v Raikkonen v Alonso v the rest. And 3 weeks until the next race for Brawn to sort themselves out. Should be a cracking Grand Prix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669