• Amy Winehouse 'Back To Black'
  • Klaxons 'Myths Of The Near Future'
  • Dizzee Rascal 'Maths & English'
  • Maps 'We Can Create'
  • The View 'Hats Off To The Buskers'
  • New Young Pony Club 'Fantastic Playground'
  • Fionn Regan 'The End Of History'
  • Basuiat Strings with Seb Roachford 'Basquiet Strings'
The f*****g View, how the hell are they nominated, predictable "nu rave" listed. An award with it's head up it's arse but this is a poor list, surprised Biffy Clyro didn't get nominated. Can't see Arctic Monkeys getting it two years in a row, I think Amy Winehouse will win, Bat for Lashes is my favourite and that's not an awesome album.

Maps for me but it is the only one that I have got on that list

load of crap... what exactly are the criteria to get a nomination for this shitty award.

jamie t will win

i think amy winehouse will win--i would love to see hazz's view on this (ie its lost the magic full of commercial shit nowadays)

No, but Dizzee Rascal has. And as the Mercury Prize is for albums, why should having a single out matter anyway?

I don't know, I don't really follow awards, just seemed an obscure choice as I hadn't heard anything of him all year. Then again some of the others I haven't heard of ever, so what do I know :icon_conf

i would love to see hazz's view on this (ie its lost the magic full of commercial shit nowadays)

It´s a poor list. The ´commercial shit´is simply commercial shite because Indie is the current muse of the listening public. The award still has creditablity because it´s judged by people who have a musical past. Unlike the Brits decided by marketing men.

For a winner, I´d guess probably Klaxons with the outside bet being Maps. I´d like AM´s to win it twice but not possible.

It´s a poor list. The ´commercial shit´is simply commercial shite because Indie is the current muse of the listening public. The award still has creditablity because it´s judged by people who have a musical past. Unlike the Brits decided by marketing men.

For a winner, I´d guess probably Klaxons with the outside bet being Maps. I´d like AM´s to win it twice but not possible.

I thought the Young Knives album was quality - no one else on here did so thats a sure sign it was good. :icon_wink

The Arctic Monkey's one was good, not as good as the 1st IMO (no matter what the critics say) and I think Dizzee Rascal is superb.

I fecking hate the View and the Klaxons - NME hyped average 'indie' (there is hardly anything 'rave' about Klaxons).

I reckon Whinehouse will win it, but personally of those I'd choose TYK but thats on the basis I've not heard a number of the others.

Last edited:
Firstly the album has to be entered - which involves an entry fee (£200ish) paid for by the band/record company. Then the judging panel have to like the album.

The record company didn't for our first album. Which was nice. Although reviews we had said we would win it, ha ha ha. Cvnts.

:038:

So glad Amy Winehouse didn't win. Hate her with a passion. Couldn't give a flyer about her current state, it's her own fault.

Amazes me that she gets all the sympathy from the Press and Pete Doherty is crucified by them:102:

Doherty should be put in jail yet Winehouse shouldn't :102: I can't understand the British public. Probably because the majority of people what listen to Winehouse are mainly middle aged folks whilst Doherty's fans are kids.

I can't put my finger on it - they are making a big thing of last night's performance. Every band were asked to play a song during the ceremony apart from George Formby's band who were touring in US

Won by The Klaxons btw,can't say I'm a fan.

As I predicted. Simple really

It will be an unknown next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673