Microsoft Outlook- Outbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

fcukcov

Can anyone help before I put my foot through this feckin computer screen?

I put together an email of pictures to send to my work and stupidly forgot to check the size of the attachment, upon clicking send i relaised it was 26MB which is obviously far to big for my email service provider to handle, it is now stuck in my bloody outbox half sent and wont let me delete in any of the ways I know how to. Please help, may be a pint in it for anyone that can help!

Can anyone help before I put my foot through this feckin computer screen?

I put together an email of pictures to send to my work and stupidly forgot to check the size of the attachment, upon clicking send i relaised it was 26MB which is obviously far to big for my email service provider to handle, it is now stuck in my bloody outbox half sent and wont let me delete in any of the ways I know how to. Please help, may be a pint in it for anyone that can help!

Can't you just edit it and delete he pictures from the email that way? :102: :102:

Just a thought.

If it's 'stuck', can you get at it via the e-mail thing at your ISP homepage? That don't use Outlook but you can get at your mail.

It might help.

He's sending the email, not receiving it.

I presume that this is sorted by now but if it is 'stuck' halfway through sending, I would have thought that the best way would be to break the internet connection at which time the sending should fail. It should then be possible to delete the message from the Outbox.

I presume that this is sorted by now but if it is 'stuck' halfway through sending, I would have thought that the best way would be to break the internet connection at which time the sending should fail. It should then be possible to delete the message from the Outbox.

Even when the sending fail message comes up it still wont let me get rid of it.

did you cancel the sending when you realised it was too big, or did it stop itself?

I've just looked on the microsoft.public.outlook.general newsgroup and found somebody with a similar problem:

I tried to email a message with a large attachment. It is now stuck in my
outbox and I cannot delete it (I have tried every method to delete it) and
now I cannot send any other messages. This is my business outlook and I am
in an extreme quandry...help help help

The advice given to her by the MVP was:

File->Work Offline. Completely close and then reopen Outlook. Delete the message. File->uncheck Work Offline. Close and restart outlook.

I've just looked on the microsoft.public.outlook.general newsgroup and found somebody with a similar problem:

Cheers boc I will try it tonight.

Boc it worked i owe you a drink next time I see you thanks matey.:038:

Boc it worked i owe you a drink next time I see you thanks matey.:038:

No need to thank me - it was the MVP who knew what to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669