Middlesbrough 3 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would appreciate some honest appraisal of Bruma from regular attendees. He does not sound like the hot prospect he was made out to be.

I would appreciate some honest appraisal of Bruma from regular attendees. He does not sound like the hot prospect he was made out to be.

He's the same as all other loans we've had at the back, nowt special but a tad better than what we had. That's how I see it anyhoo

Bruma is going to be a fine player....but it won't help us.

He's here to get playing time and experience of first team football.

Big chance squnadered today gents.

No consolation but Derby are smelly alligator poo.

Bruma and Bamba dont gel together for me so him being suspended could be a blessing in disguise.

Although unlikely its all still to play for as each week teams get unexpected defeats, but we may have to win 5 or 6 games and not lose the other 2.

I think Vitor/Mee is about the only CB partnership we haven't tried, so on the basis that every other one is shaaaky as feck....

Three wins on the bounce (two against playoff rivals) and we're right in the mix ... but we need to find out how to hold onto a lead first.

We should send Bruma back, we've never won when he's started and at the very least, he seems to bring us bad luck. I think Mee plays much better with Bamba anyway.

Superstitious maybe, but I'd try anything to get into those playoffs!

A win today and we would have been right back in the mix for the 4th play-off spot. But unfortunately we're shite at the back.

Bruma

Cost us a goal,conceded a penalty,played generally shite...& then gets sent off after the penalty save for calling the ref a **** when on a yellow.His suspansion is probably the best news to come out of the game.Seems to me to have the attitude that he's too good to be here & is waiting to become a world superstar at Chelski.
Needs to be told that you actually have to put the work in first.
Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is & needs to be slapped into place quickly...& we don't have the time.
Stick Vitor in & keep him in if the possibility of promotion is more important to the club than keeping Chelski happy by giving some kid game time.& IMHO...sign him up full time in the summer.

Bruma

Cost us a goal,conceded a penalty,played generally shite...& then gets sent off after the penalty save for calling the ref a **** when on a yellow.His suspansion is probably the best news to come out of the game.Seems to me to have the attitude that he's too good to be here & is waiting to become a world superstar at Chelski.
Needs to be told that you actually have to put the work in first.
Nowhere near as good as he thinks he is & needs to be slapped into place quickly...& we don't have the time.
Stick Vitor in & keep him in if the possibility of promotion is more important to the club than keeping Chelski happy by giving some kid game time.& IMHO...sign him up full time in the summer.

And all very predictable and obvious too.

It's a pity that it's taken so long to emerge so clearly.

What's our points/games played ratio with Bruma in the starting line up?

Bruma and Bamba dont gel together for me so him being suspended could be a blessing in disguise.

Although unlikely its all still to play for as each week teams get unexpected defeats, but we may have to win 5 or 6 games and not lose the other 2.

:017:

And all very predictable and obvious too.

It's a pity that it's taken so long to emerge so clearly.

What's our points/games played ratio with Bruma in the starting line up?

If only we had a manager like you this could all have been avoided.

Bruma

Cost us a goal,conceded a penalty,played generally shite...& then gets sent off after the penalty save for calling the ref a **** when on a yellow.

If he called the ref a ****, the earlier yellow was irrelevant. Offensive, insulting or
abusive language/gestures = straight red = two game ban.

If he called the ref a ****, the earlier yellow was irrelevant. Offensive, insulting or
abusive language/gestures = straight red = two game ban.

He was only telling him the truth.

Now I know it's bitter coming from a team who've had threw away two points but after the ref's problem with Yakubu it was quite clear, he held a bias against us. Yakubu was clearly obstructed for a penalty in the first half, he allowed certain tough challenges to go..only to call them up for a Leicester player.

Six minutes was injury time which was largely made by his own work. Every time he made a booking, he spent at least a minute having a word with the player. To top it off, didn't even add to injury time when Boro must have had a minute celebrating their equaliser.

However....

the bottom line of it today was that we didn't deserve. We played for twenty minutes at tops. We were lucky to be at half-time in the lead, we then played well first ten minutes of the second half but cocked up two golden chances.

Other than that, we were extremely average and not much better than Boro. Weale gave PVA an real poor ball for the first goal, Oakley can't trap a ball with putting it two yards in front of him. That was the first goal. Second Oakley out of position after Wellens slipped. Third, for the whole of injury time the ball was in the final 30 yards of our goal.

Bruma and Bamba let the two Middlesbrough striker run around unmarked with ease. Bamba at least has the physicality for a challenge and knows what to do but Bruma is far too naive, he doesn't talk to other players, he's very flat-footed too. Really, really, really need some experience there. Bruma looks like he doesn't really care.

I reckon Sven made a couple of errors today, took off Gally playing very well in the middle, brings on Abe. Oakley was the obvious. Then bringing Waghorn on for an excellent Kamara (loan boys here's a lad who tracksback). Howard should have came on in preparation for an aerial bombardment.....and look what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669