Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all disappointed that Pearson is going but PLEASE can we not focus our ire on the club, or its personnel.

Milan will be more upset at the situation than anyone: not only will he see our chance of the Premiership disappear, he has a considerable amount of money tied up in the club. We used a missed penalty as a way to pressurise Kermo' until he feels that his best option might be to leave: if we do the same with Milan, it will be us, the fans, who suffer.

1) Failure to get Pearson to sign a new contract.
Like I've said elsewhere, if Pearson was demanding unrealistic transfer budgets why should MM bend over?
2) Always having to sell a player before buying a player (despite Pearson's excellent transfer record).
Again, people moan we are financially worse off, yet expect us to keep spending money
3) Constant managerial failures
Who? Allan had 4 games, Megson fecked off and then Holloway. So 1?
4) Meddling with the playing side.
When? Other than the rumours regarding Hasselbank there is no evidence of this, and even that was very much heresay
5) Rising ticket prices...always on the up and now expected to pay £30 for a local derby.
Ticket prices will always go up at every team every season
6) The VAT mystery. The difference of the VAT change was said to be on it's way to charity....no evidence of that.
Can't argue with this one
7) The mystery of 'loans'. Mandaric keeps mentioning that he's put his hand in his pocket to keep the club going but whether this is in the form of a loan, he's kept quiet.
Why does it matter? Whether it is a loan or not doesn't affect us as fans in the slightest. He won't up and leave if the club has no way to pay the loans back if that is what they are.
I can only take issue with point 7, Matt. If Milan's strategy backfires and we end up in (even deeper) financial shit, the fans will be affected big time. We could lose our club. There is absolutely no guarantee that Milan won't up and leave. Do you think he would accept personal financial ruin in order to keep us happy? I doubt it.

If we don't have the money to give Pearson what he wants then there is nothing MM can do. If our financial situation is not good then we cannot be held to ransom by any manager, no matter how good they are.

Pearson is the one who comes out of this looking like he doesn't have the stomach for a fight. Obviously he sees the possibility of us not matching last season as a blot on his CV, he'd rather jump ship and put any failures with Hull this year down to their previous managers.

If he does go, it'll be him I will be a bit pissed off with and not MM.
Cock on, Babs :038:

I can only take issue with point 7, Matt. If Milan's strategy backfires and we end up in (even deeper) financial shit, the fans will be affected big time. We could lose our club. There is absolutely no guarantee that Milan won't up and leave. Do you think he would accept personal financial ruin in order to keep us happy? I doubt it.

He won't, but if for instance he has loaned us £10m, do you think he would leave knowing we couldn't pay him back, which would result in admin and him only getting £2m back, or stick it out another year or two and try for the prem? Or try to find another buyer more actively, there seem to be enough out there.

We are all disappointed that Pearson is going but PLEASE can we not focus our ire on the club, or its personnel.

Milan will be more upset at the situation than anyone: not only will he see our chance of the Premiership disappear, he has a considerable amount of money tied up in the club. We used a missed penalty as a way to pressurise Kermo' until he feels that his best option might be to leave: if we do the same with Milan, it will be us, the fans, who suffer.

Don't you speak on my behalf, TBH I couldn't give a shit if he stays or goes. It is just the way he intends to do it. If he goes to Hull it will just prove what a twat he is.
He can rot for all I care.

Don't you speak on my behalf, TBH I couldn't give a shit if he stays or goes. It is just the way he intends to do it. If he goes to Hull it will just prove what a twat he is.
He can rot for all I care.

I apologise for making assumptions.

I must say that I am surprised that you are so unconcerned. Whether the situation is to Milan's, or Pearson's fault, if we have no money, it will be difficult to replace Pearson who,will be likely to raid our team for signings.

Tbh, having thought about it overnight....

Alan Ball, Tony Pulis, Steve Claridge, Martin Allen and now, allegedly, Pearson.

Fair enough, chairmen can fall out with a manager, but when it's this number of managers, you have to start looking elsewhere. Do we really still want this man at our club?

Alan Ball, Tony Pulis, Steve Claridge, Martin Allen and now, allegedly, Pearson.

Fair enough, chairmen can fall out with a manager, but when it's this number of managers, you have to start looking elsewhere. Do we really still want this man at our club?

Do we really have a fecking choice?

I must say that I am surprised that you are so unconcerned. Whether the situation is to Milan's, or Pearson's fault, if we have no money, it will be difficult to replace Pearson who,will be likely to raid our team for signings.

Not to mention the players who might decide they want out without Pearson/with our next manager.

Not to mention the players who might decide they want out without Pearson/with our next manager.

They can **** off, if some people don't want to be at the club then so be it. You'd think we had stormed the league last season judging by the total over the top hissy fits some people are throwing today....he's not the messiah, bla bla bla

put your hand in your pocket then and buy the club. I am certain you would be able to stump uploads of cash.

They can **** off, if some people don't want to be at the club then so be it. You'd think we had stormed the league last season judging by the total over the top hissy fits some people are throwing today....he's not the messiah, bla bla bla

exactly......... they can all **** off and die!

so a club without a pot to piss in will come and sign our players? The parachute payments would already have been allocated to pay the players they already have and to meet the rest of the debts. The payments are over a 48 month period. A million a month does not go very far in football for a club coming down from the prem.

I have followed this ****ing club for far too long to get all possessive over a player or manager. As long as day one of next season we have 11 players on the pitch that will do me just fine.

put your hand in your pocket then and buy the club. I am certain you would be able to stump uploads of cash.

I'm sorry, but that's not how criticism of people in any kind of entertainment, art, sport or leisure industry works.

Will he? The man who has fallen out with more managers than I've had hot dinners?

He hasn't cut his holiday short to deal with the situation. Perhaps he is far too upset to come home and deal with the loss.

You see, this is exactly what I mean: something goes wrong and we lash out at all and sundry!

What benefit is there in berating Milan? Whether he was the Messiah, or a very naughty boy, we would be in deep do-dos were he to leave now.

You see, this is exactly what I mean: something goes wrong and we lash out at all and sundry!

What benefit is there in berating Milan? Whether he was the Messiah, or a very naughty boy, we would be in deep do-dos were he to leave now.

I can remember it being the end of the world when Little left. I can remember it being the end of the world when McGhee left. I bet people said the same when Jock Wallace left, but as I was young enough to get upset about these things, I don't trust my memory.

Players, managers, chairmen, they all come and go. Even the fans do, if truth be told. I'll still be supporting the club for the foreseeable, and if Pearson thinks his future is in Hull, rather than Leicester, I won't question his judgment, as I don't know what has made him leave. It could be a fall out with MM, it could be his unreasonable demands. It could be both. Unfortunately, which seems the appropriate word to use, I don't really give a crap. I have more important things to worry about at this present time.

Having said that, he'll get no response from me, favourable or unfavourable, when we play Hull.

I can remember it being the end of the world when Little left. I can remember it being the end of the world when McGhee left. I bet people said the same when Jock Wallace left, but as I was young enough to get upset about these things, I don't trust my memory.

Players, managers, chairmen, they all come and go. Even the fans do, if truth be told. I'll still be supporting the club for the foreseeable, and if Pearson thinks his future is in Hull, rather than Leicester, I won't question his judgment, as I don't know what has made him leave. It could be a fall out with MM, it could be his unreasonable demands. It could be both. Unfortunately, which seems the appropriate word to use, I don't really give a crap. I have more important things to worry about at this present time.

Having said that, he'll get no response from me, favourable or unfavourable, when we play Hull.

Be it worry or interest, its sad that some find it so ****ing tragic that he may go. Cracking post!

And we could end up in even deeper do-dos if he stays.

Some what surprised that nobody's mentioned the fact that Milan could be planning to spend a decent amount of time in jail shortly. It may not be LCFC that Pearson feels he cannot be seen to be involved with, but Milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669