Milan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he? Why didn't you tell me earlier, now I'm even MORE gutted he's pissed off and left us in the lurch!!

Hull ffs though....HULL??? :icon_eek:

Are you not aware that he is our best manager ever? Hull are a massive club, its understandable.

I think he is a fraud. He says one thing in the press about wanting to "do everything possible" to keep his man, but in reality he has most probably manufactured this situation.

I want to say two faced, but if that were the case, why pick that one?

would I be far off the truth if I say pearson has been sold?

think about it, hull didnt make a public approach, within days of rumours starting the deal is almost done. This is one of the strangest manager moves that I can think off.

I also remember when redknapp was saying he was sold from pompy.

would I be far off the truth if I say pearson has been sold?

think about it, hull didnt make a public approach, within days of rumours starting the deal is almost done. This is one of the strangest manager moves that I can think off.

I also remember when redknapp was saying he was sold from pompy.

Well if so and we are getting the 350k that has been reported it's a good deal he hardly played last season!

Was it Hoos that got rid of Pearson from Souithampton?

Stringer spoke to MM yesterday for 15 mins on the phone. Stringer said on the moan-in that "MM's motivation to run a club at 71 with this court case hanging over him has taken its toll."

I think in my view that this is key quote and tells us a lot about what has unravelled in the last 2 weeks. Whilst MM is stuck with the club until he can off-load it (which he clearly wants to do which initself tells us something), a reduction in motivation results in a reduction in willingness in being prepared to come up with the money to keep LCFC afloat. Hoos tightening the budgetary belt (on MM's instructions) just left NP feeling he had been let down. The budget must have been cut back further than expected in the last 2 weeks resulting in NP being pushed over the edge.

MM made modest budget promises months ago, but the timebomb ticking alongside everything in this has been MM's court case. Unhappily it has not been dropped but escalated, and it is all unravelling from this. The continuing crunch in the finance & credit markets means MM has to sell valuable assets to keep Leicester afloat (even though funds given are loans, he has to sell assets to come up with the money). He's had enough, and feels he's spent enough. But it has also sapped NP's patience and motivation to breaking point.

The last and final factor we need to consider is this. I have heard from someone today from a law and business expert in academia that the court case - if MM is found guilty - will result not in MM's imprisonment (which is what I had believed) but in
1) a hefty fine
2) an order that he is not allowed to own a football club

The latter itself immediately cuts MM's motivation even further to take any more financial hits on the club. It also means predators will be able to pick up the club off him dirt cheap at a big loss after the court case. He is thus desperate to sell now and cut his losses at a slighly higher price then he will get later on. The club is costing MM money, and with what's round the corner he is, from his point of view, understandably drawing up the financial drawbridge. From NP's understandable point of view, he has been made certain promises - not a fortune to spend on players but a little to spend - which have been scaled back and he feels unable to carry on.

It's a sorry state of affairs. I don't really speak in 'blame' terms as you can see. I think without the court case and without the credit crunch we wouldn't be where we are. I think he might - just - have rode out the latter, but the court case has been the nail in the coffin.

Last edited:
Stringer spoke to MM yesterday for 15 mins on the phone. Stringer said on the moan-in that "MM's motivation to run a club at 71 with this court case hanging over him has taken its toll."

I think in my view that this is key quote and tells us a lot about what has unravelled in the last 2 weeks. Whilst MM is stuck with the club until he can off-load it (which he clearly wants to do which initself tells us something), a reduction in motivation results in a reduction in willingness in being prepared to come up with the money to keep LCFC afloat. Hoos tightening the budgetary belt (on MM's instructions) just left NP feeling he had been let down. The budget must have been cut back further than expected in the last 2 weeks resulting in NP being pushed over the edge.

MM made modest budget promises months ago, but the timebomb ticking alongside everything in this has been MM's court case. Unhappily it has not been dropped but escalated, and it is all unravelling from this. The continuing crunch in the finance & credit markets means MM has to sell valuable assets to keep Leicester afloat (even though funds given are loans, he has to sell assets to come up with the money). He's had enough, and feels he's spent enough. But it has also sapped NP's patience and motivation to breaking point.

The last and final factor we need to consider is this. I have heard from someone today from a law and business expert in academia that the court case - if MM is found guilty - will result not in MM's imprisonment (which is what I had believed) but in
1) a hefty fine

It would not be an order from the court. The Football League " fit and proper test " would not allow him to continue in situ. That has been the case since he was charged, but for some reason the Mercury et al have never picked up on it.

It would not be an order from the court. The Football League " fit and proper test " would not allow him to continue in situ. That has been the case since he was charged, but for some reason the Mercury et al have never picked up on it.

Yes, whatever the processes are, ultimately the result will be the same... MM can't be a director/controller of a football club.
As for the Mercury - perhaps burying head in the sands hoping it will all go away? Maybe supporters have done the same. Understandable.

1) a hefty fine

The latter itself immediately cuts MM's motivation even further to take any more financial hits on the club. It also means predators will be able to pick up the club off him dirt cheap at a big loss after the court case. He is thus desperate to sell now and cut his losses at a slighly higher price then he will get later on. The club is costing MM money, and with what's round the corner he is, from his point of view, understandably drawing up the financial drawbridge. From NP's understandable point of view, he has been made certain promises - not a fortune to spend on players but a little to spend - which have been scaled back and he feels unable to carry on.

It's a sorry state of affairs. I don't really speak in 'blame' terms as you can see. I think without the court case and without the credit crunch we wouldn't be where we are. I think he might - just - have rode out the latter, but the court case has been the nail in the coffin.
interesting post:038:

I have always stuck up for MM but I am a bit worried that if things are as bad as people are saying as soon as NP has gone to the mighty Hull MM will sell a couple of our better players to bring in cash before the new manager takes over.

Why would he do that? It's hardly a comfortable sitaution for him. Nobody was bashing Milan when things were going well the last two seasons. What possible reason could he have for manufacturing a situation that makes himself unpopular with the fans?

Because on the face of things it doesn't look like it is his fault. Instead he is trying to create the impression that he is doing abosolutely everything he can to keep NP...in reality he could have probably resolved the contract issue 6 months ago, but hasn't.

Because on the face of things it doesn't look like it is his fault. Instead he is trying to create the impression that he is doing abosolutely everything he can to keep NP...in reality he could have probably resolved the contract issue 6 months ago, but hasn't.

You still haven't answered why he would want this situation

in reality he could have probably resolved the contract issue 6 months ago, but hasn't.

In this reality that you've created, do you mean Nigel or Milan could've resolved the contract issue, and how could they have done this?

You still haven't answered why he would want this situation

Because he doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket and doesn't have to play the villain for the fans.

He can't match Pearson's ambition by giving him money, but can't sack him because the fans would want his head. This whole thing ties everything up nicely. MM did everything he could while nasty Nigel heads for the bright lights of Hull.

In this reality that you've created, do you mean Nigel or Milan could've resolved the contract issue, and how could they have done this?

When they sat down about 6 months ago to resolve the issue of whether NP would be given a new contract they could potentially have resolved these issues then. There doesn't seem to have been any reason not to.

A good starting point is to discuss what each party wants and decide whether those two aims are compatible. I am however not privvy to any discussions, so of course I can't say what has happened. I'm not creating a "reality", it is my theory, that is why I said in my initial post "I think...". I thought that opinions were what discussion forums were about?!?!? They surely don't work where everyone shares the exact same view.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick I apologise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669