Speculation Mills loan to Bolton

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with you on that! Arnar doesn't deserve to be lumped in with that lot.

I don't think any of them deserve (Wise excepted) to be "lumped in with that lot". I just mentioned three of MON's signings who cost over a million (£2m in Arnar's case) who eventually didn't play very much for various reasons and left on a free.

Oh, and signing him put paid to MON's frequent attempts to sign Dean Windass so clearly his qualities are many and various.

Last edited:
He scored in his first two games. He only became crap once he'd settled in.

Yes - well I saw him play. Probably too many expectation; he lost all confidence at Leicester. Missed good number of very close range chances in a critical

SSN were saying it was a done deal this morning on the news ticker, no mention of loan though.

From The Mercury ...

Defender Matt Mills' loan switch to Bolton should be completed next week after Leicester City agreed terms with the Trotters.

As revealed in the Mercury on Tuesday, Bolton boss Owen Coyle has swooped to end Mills' one-year stay at the King Power Stadium, and his season-long loan should become permanent next summer.

It is believed City have agreed a deal which will see Bolton pay £1million up front for the 25-year-old, with a further £1m next year to complete the transfer.

Mills is now waiting to speak to Coyle on his return from holiday before finalising the move.

City signed Mills last summer from Reading in a deal that was potentially worth nearly £5m, but he fell out of favour under manager Nigel Pearson and did not feature during the closing stages of the season.

Former City assistant boss Derek Fazackerley, who was with City when Sven-Goran Eriksson signed Mills, is backing the defender to be a success at Bolton.

"It's up to Matt now if he gets the chance at Bolton," he said.

"It will be a big season for him because his time at Leicester certainly didn't work out the way he intended.

"I think his performances were quite fragmented. He suffered a little bit for confidence but, by the time I left the club, he was looking back to his best form.

"Nevertheless, he's strong, experienced and is the kind of player you need around in this division."

Million quid up front and a million to pay next year

Most bizarre deal ever

Derek Fazackerly said:
by the time I left the club, he was looking back to his best form

**** me, that was his best form?! Jesus.

I can only suggest Fazackerly was on some high-powered medication at the time.

Maybe Faz was right, maybe that was Mills' best form and he's just a very, very average footballer at best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669