Speculation Mills To Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have to seriously consider any offer we get for him, even if it's for a £1, as it doesn't seem he'll ever feature for this club again whilst Pearson is here and his reported high wages could be better utilised elsewhere if that's the case.

The same article on Mills is reporting that talks on a new contract for Lee Peltier have stalled and he may be on his way out as well.
My first thoughts were it seemed odd why talks were being held on a new contract when Peltier only signed last summer on a 3 year deal. One can only assume that his agent has gone to the club asking for a pay rise given Peltier was signed as a 'cover' player but became the first choice full back. Presumably the agent is claiming that Peltier's wages reflected this status of cover/squad player and a rise is merited.
The ironic thing is that I would hope Pearson sees signing a new right back who is far more effective is a priority, and Peltier had been earmarked for the 'cover' role for next season to which his limited abilty is merited. If this is so it is thus not a suprise that Peltier's agent has not got very far with this claim. But a kicked back claim for a pay rise is likely to result in disullusionment and perhaps an exit from the KP stadium is a likely outcome now.

Last edited:
The same article on Mills is reporting that talks on a new contract for Lee Peltier have stalled and he may be on his way out as well.
My first thoughts were it seemed odd why talks were being held on a new contract when Peltier only signed last summer on a 3 year deal. One can only assume that his agent has gone to the club asking for a pay rise given Peltier was signed as a 'cover' player but became the first choice full back. Presumably the agent is claiming that Peltier's wages reflected this status of cover/squad player and a rise is merited.
The ironic thing is that I would hope Pearson sees signing a new right back who is far more effective is a priority, and Peltier had been earmarked for the 'cover' role for next season to which his limited abilty is merited. If this is so it is thus not a suprise that Peltier's agent has not got very far with this claim. But a kicked back claim for a pay rise is likely to result in disullusionment and perhaps an exit from the KP stadium is a likely outcome now.
Putting aside for one moment the fact that Peltier was found out by many opposing teams towards the back end of the season, isn't it laughable that a player ( or more likely his agent ) wants to renogotiate a contract that was freely entered into only a year before. I'd tell him in no uncertain terms what he can do with his demands.

Last edited:
Oh god please let this happen. And, providing we can find an adequate replacement, losing Peltier is certainly no big loss. I'm happy to see him stay and fight for his place but there was too much put on his shoulders last season when he clearly wasn't ready. But priority should be getting Mills out the door as soon as possible - a disaster from beginning to end.

A great piece of business in the offing - lets get this right: we give them as defender who cost £5m; they give us a free transfer merchant whose been out much of the season with a serious injury.

In my opinion Pearson could have handled this better and with an eye to unloading Mills for a better return. Once promotion was a forlorn proposition he might have stuck Mills in the team so he could have sold him as a viable product. As it is everyone knows he is useless to us and consequently we stand to get nowt for him.

A great piece of business in the offing - lets get this right: we give them as defender who cost £5m; they give us a free transfer merchant whose been out much of the season with a serious injury.

In my opinion Pearson could have handled this better and with an eye to unloading Mills for a better return. Once promotion was a forlorn proposition he might have stuck Mills in the team so he could have sold him as a viable product. As it is everyone knows he is useless to us and consequently we stand to get nowt for him.

I'm not sure how naive other clubs would have been anyway. It's clear he's not a £5m defender but he's performed at this level before and is not too old.

Whether it's a trade or straight cash, I expect we'll get £1m-£1.5m for him, and I very much doubt 3 incredible performances at the end of the season would have changed that.

PS. Enjoying everyone having a go at both Pearson and Peltier based on a story that's been sourced from the Mercury.

It's going to be a long and depressing summer.

PS. Enjoying everyone having a go at both Pearson and Peltier based on a story that's been sourced from the Mercury.

Exactly my thinking, it is probably all bollocks. Mills would be a superstar up there though.

I'm not sure how naive other clubs would have been anyway. It's clear he's not a £5m defender but he's performed at this level before and is not too old.

Whether it's a trade or straight cash, I expect we'll get £1m-£1.5m for him, and I very much doubt 3 incredible performances at the end of the season would have changed that.

Well I think we'll get at least initially absolutely s-d all for him. But the story will be sanitised with speculation about potential future money for appearances etc etc. The whole problem is that when other clubs know that he has no value to us - then they don't need to pay anything.

What worries me is that he's not used to playing football recently.

And he's been injured too.

Well I think we'll get at least initially absolutely s-d all for him. But the story will be sanitised with speculation about potential future money for appearances etc etc.

What about DJC? We got a fee for him.

The whole problem is that when other clubs know that he has no value to us - then they don't need to pay anything.

Negotiations?

The fee will be in between what they value him at and and what value he has to us. He's worth something to someone.

And it looks like the bidding has started at 1 Wilson...

Hopefully this has more substance to it than the story about Jack Hobbs going to Celtic.

This is truly a shit deal. Kelvin Wilson? Clearly they don't deem him good enough for the Scottish Premier which is saying something in itself. Would rather keep Mills than take someone we don't want or need though knowing us the temptation to get him off the wage bill might make this a viable option..

What about DJC? We got a fee for him.

Negotiations?

The fee will be in between what they value him at and and what value he has to us. He's worth something to someone.

And it looks like the bidding has started at 1 Wilson...

My gut feeling is that Pearson has boxed himself into a corner on this one - and is tracking towards letting Mills go irrespective. I agree with Homer - a great bit of business in prospect for Celtic.

Wilson was a free transfer and that was before he got injured - so its difficult to put a value on him given that I don't expect Celtic will pay us for taking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669