Post Match Millwall 2 Leicester 3 FA Cup R3

Don’t agree with the comments on Riccy.
He was sloppy with his passes and light in the tackle , at times.

Doyle needed subbing about 60th minute as he was struggling with match fitness.

Cannon has shown so much potential in just 2 starts.
Do you know what, you are right. When I think back there were a few occasions where he gave the ball away really cheaply. Though there were also a number of moments of pure class in the mix.

As for Casadei, he was very good today and I am convinced he is a very good prospect and could become a superb player. I think his issue has been a lack of consistent game time.

Lastly, Ben Nelson was very promising wasn't he? Big, athletic and good on the ball.

EM said after the game that we had 7 of the 11 born from the year 2000 onwards. I could easily name Ricardo, Albrighton and Coady as three of the 'experienced' players but had to google to discover that Choudhury was born in 1997!?! Still thought of him as a kid.

A young team with no shortage of belief in their own abilities in a tricky fixture. Yes, they made errors of judgement at times, especially from set pieces, but I enjoyed the way they went about things.

Doyle was sloppy defensively but could easily have ended the game with a hattrick of assists for Cannon alone. His passing out of defence is extraordinary. If he can learn to be a better defender, he's going to be a real player.

I thought Coady looked very comfortable in the centre of the three defenders. It's his best position and the one he was clearly bought to play. We have a decision to make on Vestergaard who is out of contract in four months time and, in my opinion, not someone I'd want us relying on in the PL. Surely, the time is now to give Coady a run in that role to see if he can do the job in our system for next year?

EM was very supportive of Casadei after the game, pointing out that he was younger than Wanya. It's actually his 21st on Wednesday. He's been erratic to say the least. Are we developing him for Chelsea? If so, I'm not inclined to be patient with him. If a permanent transfer is a possibility, then he's someone I'd like to see given a proper run of starts.

Final comment is on Cannon. I was blown away by him today, more so than against Huddersfield. It's his movement that impresses me. He's another one I got the age wrong. I thought he was 19 but he's 21. I'm staggered that Everton sold him to us. They paid £25m for Beto and Cannon is a better striker.

A little sloppy at times and, defensively, we were more than suspect but all in all, for a young team without much experience between them, it was a great result. We scored three lovely goals and were very patient at times.

Big shout out to Cannon. He looks every inch a striker and he's exactly what we need. Unlike Daka and Iheanacho, he doesn't go wandering off trying to chase down the ball, he has strength about him and he finishes the chances he should. Everton must be mental to sell him to us on the cheap.

Casadei had his best game for us but I still don't think he was as great as others may. He was much better but he was still clumsy in possession at times and pissed the ball away a little too often. Yunus wasn't great; lots of endeavour and hustle but just no end product. Hamza however was controlled, strong and tidied up excellently throughout the game.

We could go far in this cup with a favourable draw.

A little sloppy at times and, defensively, we were more than suspect but all in all, for a young team without much experience between them, it was a great result. We scored three lovely goals and were very patient at times.

Big shout out to Cannon. He looks every inch a striker and he's exactly what we need. Unlike Daka and Iheanacho, he doesn't go wandering off trying to chase down the ball, he has strength about him and he finishes the chances he should. Everton must be mental to sell him to us on the cheap.

Casadei had his best game for us but I still don't think he was as great as others may. He was much better but he was still clumsy in possession at times and pissed the ball away a little too often. Yunus wasn't great; lots of endeavour and hustle but just no end product. Hamza however was controlled, strong and tidied up excellently throughout the game.

We could go far in this cup with a favourable draw.
I’m definitely interested to see us play someone like Palace, Everton, Wolves or Brighton.

Cannon is so light on his feet, and I’m not making a joke about him being a Scouse thief. I’m stopping short of ‘good touch for a big man’ but his movement is intelligent and effortless and while he’s not got explosive Vardy pace he generally has time on the ball, especially when he’s got a sight of goal. Good player, the shirts his from here on in as far as I’m concerned, it’s time to look forward.

Helicopter crashing gestures!
They've now been arrested apparently. I wonder how they'll plead.

I hope that they plead for the police to do something better with their time than waste it prosecuting a few inbreds for making twatty hand gestures.

Getting away from the Millwall morons, I would like to see us drawn against Palace or Everton at home please. A great way to assess our progress.

I’d be interested to know the attendance and why the upper tiers except our end all looked empty. The magic of the FA Cup is not alive in SE London at midday obviously.

Out of interest for a boring statto like myself where do you go to find attendance figures these days? BBC used to have them.

Getting away from the Millwall morons, I would like to see us drawn against Palace or Everton at home please. A great way to assess our progress.
It would be if we played our first 11 but that’s not going to happen in the cup.

I’d be interested to know the attendance and why the upper tiers except our end all looked empty. The magic of the FA Cup is not alive in SE London at midday obviously.

Out of interest for a boring statto like myself where do you go to find attendance figures these days? BBC used to have them.
As Jeff said the BBC still have the attendances they’re in the match report underneath the team line ups

I hope that they plead for the police to do something better with their time than waste it prosecuting a few inbreds for making twatty hand gestures.
Sad, thick twats but what kind of world have we come to where you get arrested for imitating a helicopter. Ridiculous.

Hamza really was excellent. He’s seems such a better player than when he left us at the start of last season. He made some crucial trackbacks and tackles yesterday.

And what a player we have in Cannon if we can keep him fit. He is going to score many goals, I just hope he can do it in the premier league.

Sad, thick twats but what kind of world have we come to where you get arrested for imitating a helicopter. Ridiculous.
To be fair we don’t know what else they got up to, said or did.

I don’t think they were actually arrested either, having just skimmed an article. Kicked out and the incident referred to the police.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463